UC Coaching Search

O/T I know but how is Marve's injury coming along Grizzly?

From what I've read he is coming along fine with his rehab, and I would imagine he will be are starter next year as we open in South Bend. Though we do have a Redshirt Freshman TerBush who is a 6'5 pocket passer. He could challenge for the job, but I think Marve has too much talent to not get the job. We are slowly becoming a northern Florida team. I believe the last two classes have been a majority of Florida players. Though...is that really a bad thing?

From what I've read he is coming along fine with his rehab, and I would imagine he will be are starter next year as we open in South Bend. Though we do have a Redshirt Freshman TerBush who is a 6'5 pocket passer. He could challenge for the job, but I think Marve has too much talent to not get the job. We are slowly becoming a northern Florida team. I believe the last two classes have been a majority of Florida players. Though...is that really a bad thing?

Haha, not in my book. I'd much prefer they went to Purdue rather than Florida or FSU if they don't go to Miami. Glad to hear he's coming along. Shame it didn't work out at Miami for him and a slightly messy split didn't help. Looking forward to seeing how he does once he's properly settled in to the starter's role.

Haha, not in my book. I'd much prefer they went to Purdue rather than Florida or FSU if they don't go to Miami. Glad to hear he's coming along. Shame it didn't work out at Miami for him and a slightly messy split didn't help. Looking forward to seeing how he does once he's properly settled in to the starter's role.

I have heard it was messy. What happened if you don't mind filling me in?

Well now, where to begin. Firstly, he wasn't a happy camper when Jacory Harris showed that he wasn't coming here to sit behind Marve for 3 yrs before getting his shot. Lot of tension between those two, nothing unfriendly, just a case of neither backing down. Splitting time with a true freshman wasn't the future Marve wanted, especially after de-committing from Alabama to come to Miami. Throw in laughable suggestions that Jacory was the favoured son of Randy (due the sickening suggestions from one or two twisted minds that Jacory was a little bit 'more chocolate'). Leaving that nonsense behind us.

Randy lurves the Miami program and won a NT as a player there. He was a quiet guy, so I can only imagine his thoughts about the antics of some his team mates. With that in mind, he has a no-nonsense approach. Strict disciplinarian. That's usual in many programs but the sea-change this represented at Miami (players were the one who lobbied for and got f**kface Coker installed as HC for example when Butch Davis was given the elbow) meant he couldn't let anything go by. He had to impose his will on the entire program and really, he's about the only guy who could - given his history. Naturally Marve getting arrested for something minor, I think a mirror was broken or something equally as benevolent, pist Randy off quite a bit. Miami's reputation precedes it. Thug U etc. Of course, Miami has had a perfectly normal program, if not more disciplined than many of its piers, since the mid 90's. However, it'll take yrs for the reputation to be turned around, and it will never completely go away. So that didn't make Marve and Randy's relationship all that great either.

Throw in the AD of Miami getting his panties in a knot about approaches made to Marve's dad (or so we're led to believe) from other uni's, including LSU and Tenn, and the restrictions imposed on his transfer as a result and it was a slightly bitter end for all involved. At first he couldn't transfer to any FLA school, any ACC team or any SEC team. After Marve appealed to the Miami athletic board, they relented a little and he could transfer to any SEC school except those that had approached Marve (Tenn, LSU) and the hated Gators. In the end Miami did kindly say he could transfer his scholarship to USF or UCF as well. :lmao:

TBH, I like Jacory, he did very well for a true soph (the plethora of INTS aside), but I have no doubt that a healthy Marve could have taken us to 9 wins and a bowl berth too. A case of woulda coulda shoulda. I hope he does well for you guys anyway.

This might be a reach but would Petersen be a possibility? Sounds a little strange with BSU playing in another Fiesta Bowl but the BE has better bowl tie-ins and BSU will never get over their current image.

The guy who replaced BK at CMU seems to have done a decent job too. Maybe that well could be tapped again.

I have no idea about the strengths of the UC coords or whether or not some will jump ship with BK after the bowl game.

http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

Some interesting rumors. Including a bengals related one.

Cincinnati:

Our sources close to the situation tell us that Athletic Director Mike Thomas interviews Skip Holtz (East Carolina Head Coach) this afternoon and met with

Mike Zimmer (Cincinnati Bengals Defensive Coordinator) this morning. According to our source, Butch Jones (Central Michigan Head Coach) will

interview Tuesday and is the top candidate with Skip Holtz. Also, Tuesday afternoon is an emerging candidate in former Denver Broncos Head Coach Mike

Shanahan for the vacant Head job.