Did Zimmer EXPOSE the Steelers?

Dadraftnick

Where I live our TV comes from Huntington WV and the A-hole that runs the station has the Steelers as the #1 carry even though the Bengals are the closest team(thereby the home team), next would be Cleveland and the third closest team would be freaking Steelers.

The point is we get all of the Steelers games and I often watch their games to root against them.

I have noticed something, since the Bengals beat the Steelers the 2nd time, the teams that have played them are using mostly the same blitzes and game plan that we used to beat the Steelers.

While the national TV pundits are falling all over themselves making excuses for the Steelers by saying that loosing Troy Polamalu is why they are loosing ,I believe they are loosing because, Mike Zimmer EXPOSED them.

It also crushed their ego that we beat them twice and we beat them in Pittsburgh but,after we beat them in Pittsburgh they have lost five in a row and not won since.

Every team in the league gets game tape of the most recent 4 or 6 (I cant remeber) games of the team they are playing so its not far fetched to think that other teams are using Zim's stratagy to beat them, not to mention the same blitzez and game plan.

One of the things he noticed is that the Steelers O-line have alot of trouble passing off rushers to other O-linemen.

If you saw last night's game where the Browns beat the Steelers , you probably know what I am talking about, they used most of the same blitzes- check it out.

While the national TV pundits are falling all over themselves making excuses for the Steelers by saying that loosing Troy Polamalu is why they are loosing ,I believe they are loosing because, Mike Zimmer EXPOSED them.

Funny, all I hear is that the Steelers' losing streak shows that they sucked all along and so our two wins over them don't mean squat anymore.

But (so the meme continues) the Bengals have a chance to prove themselves over the next two weeks. :rolleyes:

Like I said a few weeks ago, if the Bengals win the Super Bowl, the first thing you'll hear from the pundit class is a shrug and that we will really find out how good they are in September 2010.

Whatever happens, it doesn't matter. The steelers "suck" now so our wins don't mean squat

Exactly. <_<

Where I live our TV comes from Huntington WV and the A-hole that runs the station has the Steelers as the #1 carry even though the Bengals are the closest team(thereby the home team), next would be Cleveland and the third closest team would be freaking Steelers.

Dude, you must live pretty close to me because I get the Huntington feed as well.

I just wanted to state,if we lose Zimmer to another team as a coordinator I'll cry like a little girl :P ...it's one thing if he's a HC but as coordinator \tears heart out lol...

I doubt the Bengals would give any team permission to talk to Zimmer for a lateral move.

I just wanted to state,if we lose Zimmer to another team as a coordinator I'll cry like a little girl :P ...it's one thing if he's a HC but as coordinator \tears heart out lol...

I doubt the Bengals would give any team permission to talk to Zimmer for a lateral move.

Both Zimmer's contract and Marvin's contract are up at the end of the year, along with many other Bengals coaches.

So, no permission is needed.

I pointed this out in a post not too long ago and was ripped for it but,I have no idea why Mike Brown has not made a move to lock his coaches or players long term.

I think that he is worried about the new collective bargining agreement.

Dude, you must live pretty close to me because I get the Huntington feed as well.

When the game is not on local TV , we go to HOOTERS- maybe we can catch you there hell, we may have even talked there, I run into Bengals fans there all the time.

The national radio and tv folks are acting like the Steelers losing a few games is some kind of huge story that needs wall to wall coverage.

Well, Super Bowl champ and 6-2 team that proceeds to totally crater and lose 5 straight is sort of a big deal.

Besides, I'm enjoying every second of it.

Yeah. And it's not just that they are losing, but to whom they are losing. When they were 6-2, they had an impressive resume having beaten Minnesota, Denver, and San Diego.

Now they've lost to KC, Oakland, and Cleveland. Those teams combined have 9 wins... and that means Pittsburgh accounts for 1/3 of the victories those teams have earned.

I say the media should cover the s**t out of this story. I can't hear enough of it!

I pointed this out in a post not too long ago and was ripped for it but,I have no idea why Mike Brown has not made a move to lock his coaches or players long term.

I think that he is worried about the new collective bargining agreement.

It's been reported that they have talked about extensions with both Marvin and Zimmer. Nothing has yet come to fruition.

Marvin, I think, will be head coach in Cincy as long as he wants to be. As for Zim, my gut says that he is gone, and that he ends up down south (back to Dallas? Houston? a college team?) where he can be closer to his family.

If Houston were smart, they'd realise his daughters are both still in TEX and he wants to spend more time with them. They'd also realise he's a much better candidate to take over than these pie in the sky ideas they have of resurrecting Lombardi.

Of course, this assumes he wants to be a HC. Who knows, I suspect his football future might not be the first thing he thinks about when the final whistle blows.

I wouldn't say that Zimmer exposed the Steelers. I do think that the Steelers are in the same situation that the Bengals found themselves last year. Hurt. I don't think the Bengals would have had the season they had last year if over 1/2 the team was down for some type of injury. I think right now the Bengals have a better locker room and for the most part healthy players and a desire to show that they are a team. The have something to prove and want to show that coach Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals aren't losers. That started in Game 2 this year and has carried through Week 14. Last weeks game was a game that they needed to get out of their system. Lets see how they respond going out to San Diego. Remember the Steelers beat that team earlier this year. That being said if the Bengals go into their stadium as if this was week one of the playoffs and play as if it depended on their lives then they will win. If you listen to any team that has made it to the super bowl over the past few seasons you will hear the same thing, we played the last 5 or 6 games as if it was our last game.

Did the Vikings expose the bengals?

Hell no >_< Injurys just caught up

I don't think injuries have anything to do with how poorly our offense has played recently. The only person injured on offense is Henry and I really hate to think that our passing game just completely fall apart because he's gone. I also hate to think that all the pre-snap penalties are caused by Henry's absence, too.

It is definitely embarrassing. To beat all the elite teams then lose so many games by such a small amount. We see how much Troy means to us and how bad Arians and our special teams are. Hopefully we can correct our mistakes and address some of our disappointments through the draft and FA.

It's disheartening to lose almost all of your games by 3 points while giving up something like 8 returns. Heads are rolling in Pittsburgh if nothing changes by the end of the year. A lot of people are talking about trying to make a bid at Charlie Weiss.

See ya next year! Good luck in the playoffs!