Return of The Hamburglar?

HoosierCat

Per Reedy, the Bengals are considering bringing back Shaun Smith because of Peko's injury.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009/12/08/128-early-off-day-stuff/

I can't express how much I loathe the idea of bringing back that Brown-slurping, Bengals-bashing a$$clown. :angry:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Reedy, the Bengals are considering bringing back Shaun Smith because of Peko's injury.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009/12/08/128-early-off-day-stuff/

I can't express how much I loathe the idea of bringing back that Brown-slurping, Bengals-bashing a$$clown. :angry:

I'd rather see Thornton come back for the rest of the year, he was supposedly keeping in shape, hoping to get another shot earlier in the year.

This is dumb enough for me to even think it's bad info.

If it is true, then it's evidence to me that Mikey's hot streak is going to his head. This would be really, really bad for the locker room, I'd have to think. The LJ signing was enough trouble what with Ced, I don't think Marvin needs to pile this on.

And really, is he that much better than the next clown on the pile? Any situation that leads to him playing, we're screwed anyway, so why do it?

It's not like he knows our defense either, he never played for Zimmer.

The Thornton idea is intriguing... but it doesn't seem to match what the Bengals are trying to do. I'm thinking Mike Brown has a bar bet with someone that a player will once again take a swing at a coach at halftime of a playoff game. Now he's just trying to pad his odds. It's actually close to a sure thing with Smith.

I'm relieved to hear this. We need some size up front with Peko out the next few weeks just to prevent our guys from getting completely worn down. Right now we have Tank Johnson who is a smaller DT along with Pat Sims, who doesn't play every down. After that, we have what, Orien Harris, another small DT?

I would even keep Smith around for the playoffs even after Peko returns. Give us some more depth, another fresh (big) body, and make our run D even better. I like how we are continually looking to improve for the stretch run.

The Bengals have agreed to terms with DT Shaun Smith, formerly of the Lions.

Never underestimate the Bengals' utter disregard for character. With Domata Peko (knee) out two weeks, Cincy saw a hole that needed filling. They filled it with a player who has had confrontations with his quarterback, position coach, and GM over the past 12 months while also serving a four-game suspension for steroids. Can we get a "Who Dey!"?

Per Rotoworld...

No reason to think this and I'm not saying the sky is falling but this might be a move too far. I hope Dhani and Rey give him a good dunking in the toilets at the first sign of his fat ass causing trouble. In fact, it probably speaks to the level of leadership in the locker room that a grade A douchebag like him can be brought in.

Never underestimate the Bengals' utter disregard for character. With Domata Peko (knee) out two weeks, Cincy saw a hole that needed filling. They filled it with a player who has had confrontations with his quarterback, position coach, and GM over the past 12 months while also serving a four-game suspension for steroids. Can we get a "Who Dey!"?

Per Rotoworld...

Per Hobs there's no deal yet.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Smith-says-he-visits/494494c5-9c53-482a-adf6-5b2c431f31fd

But who knows...

Wow! One guy shouldnt ruin how i feel about this team right now, but what the heck. Just when i think things are going ok, they bring back this fool. I understand they need to get somebody to help, but this is all that was out there. Sure why not bring back somebody who put the team down, real smart.

Ok so lets hope he is worth all the trouble, lets see if he can stop the run like they need him to do.

Mikey hands out second chances to any downtrodden souls in his field of view, so this fits the profile. I don't care really that he said negative things about the Bengals or that he used to play for Cleveland. I just think he sucks. I remember his primary issue being stamina, so maybe he'll be a decent fit spelling Sims and Tank. Whatever.

If hes the best Option and Marvin & Zimmer are cool with it then more power to him...Just hopefully he doesn't try punching Carson

Per Rotoworld...

Per Hobs there's no deal yet.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Smith-says-he-visits/494494c5-9c53-482a-adf6-5b2c431f31fd

But who knows...

Hobson always seems like the last source to report bengal news.

Mikey hands out second chances to any downtrodden souls in his field of view, so this fits the profile. I don't care really that he said negative things about the Bengals or that he used to play for Cleveland. I just think he sucks. I remember his primary issue being stamina, so maybe he'll be a decent fit spelling Sims and Tank. Whatever.

I could care less about him being a Brown, but i do hate that he talked all this crap on the Bengals. This locker room has been great this year, we dont need one guy to come in here and change that. Well this team is winning right now so maybe he wont. I think was ok on run downs, and im sure he wont be that bad spelling for those guys, but i hate the attitude that he brings. I just hope he learned his lession, like everyone else Mr. Brown has brought in here.

I could care less about him being a Brown, but i do hate that he talked all this crap on the Bengals. This locker room has been great this year, we dont need one guy to come in here and change that.

Thats what some people said about Larry Johnson and he hasn't been a problem,So I'll take shaun on same Stance yes he's a douchebag but winning can change that...If Shaun acts like a douche more then likely he'll get the axe when Peko is healthy if he looks like a team player he may keep his job for this season.

I could care less about him being a Brown, but i do hate that he talked all this crap on the Bengals. This locker room has been great this year, we dont need one guy to come in here and change that.

I'm sure you're not alone. I really have no worries regarding locker room chemistry because I think the entire concept has been overblown into something silly. The team gets along well, and if some new guy decides to be a punk he won't send the rest of the roster spiralling into the abyss. They're grown men, not junior high girls.

Insert obligatory "IMO"