derekshank

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this...

If the Bengals run a running play, Palmer sticks the ball in the gut of the RB with his RIGHT Hand ONLY. If they run play action Palmer uses BOTH Hands. Thats gotta get fixed.

I saw that too. Not good.

That was Keyshawn, and I am pretty sure that the players on the field don't have time to figure that out as the play unfolds. It's an outgrowth of Carson's left thumb problem.

Bengals inactives per Reedy's twitter:

B. Scott, Vakapuna, Juigs, Skuta, Coffman, Simpson, Pekow with J. Palmer the 3rd qb...

on offence i'm hoping Benson goes and gets his 1000th yard today, carson to throw 4td's, no picks.

On Defence, at least 1 pick by a linebacker, 6 sacks( and a shutout would be nice)

On special teams, Cosby PR TD.

i don't ask for much....... :rolleyes:

Have a good one

jon

That was Keyshawn, and I am pretty sure that the players on the field don't have time to figure that out as the play unfolds. It's an outgrowth of Carson's left thumb problem.

Bengals inactives per Reedy's twitter:

B. Scott, Vakapuna, Juigs, Skuta, Coffman, Simpson, Pekow with J. Palmer the 3rd qb...

I think its a bigger deal then what you are thinking... Its easy for a LB/DB/Safety's to look into the backfield as the play unfolds and see what Palmer is doing with the ball. Are they still going to be a little behind the play? Yes, but they'll still be able to figure out where the play is going by just how Palmer is holding onto the ball.

Things I'd like to see, in no particular order:

-- some pop in the passing game. Detroit's pass D stinks. If they can't get going against them, it will only heighten concern over the passing game.

-- more A. Smith

-- Benson back & running strongly

-- Pat Sims step up in Peko's absence

I figure the Bengals are aware of such a potential problem. If they've not fixed it to this point, Palmer might not have any choice but to do it that way because of his injury. More likely though, I'd expect it to be fixed, and perhaps even exploited. It's easy to trick a defense that thinks it knows what is coming.

Let's just win today. I don't demand a blowout, though I expect one. 31-10.

Things I'd like to see, in no particular order:

-- some pop in the passing game. Detroit's pass D stinks. If they can't get going against them, it will only heighten concern over the passing game.

-- more A. Smith

-- Benson back & running strongly

-- Pat Sims step up in Peko's absence

All good points, the bolded in particular. I don't expect 500 yds of passing and the running game will still be the bread and butter but against this team, if the passing game still stutters then the issue becomes bigger, for me at least. The Browns almost put 40 on this D and Brady actually looked like a good QB for the first time since HS. A team will find a way of stopping, or at least containing, the run at some point this yr. It would be soothing to my selfish, egotistical self to know that we've got it in reserve if needed.

Yeah, there are a bunch of things that I would like to see:

Sims stepping up

Benson running hard

Passing game do some damage

Pressure on Stafford

All that aside, give me no injuries and a "W" in the win column and I'll worry about the rest later because we can't afford a loss to a weak opponent today...