22 carries for 107 yards.

Pidge

Cedric also probably worried about his Probowl trip,Though he was leading fan votes thats probably going to change very fast...

IMO I see

Ray Rice

Chris Johnson

Little Hercules

Probably getting the nod over him...He's more physical and strait up runner but all 3 of them are making huge plays in Running game & Passing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not convinced the Bengals will simply insert Benson into the 25+ carry role he filled the first half of the season. I think they'll give carries to the hot hand, with the starting nod going to Ced each week giving him every opportunity to play well and leave them no reason to give the ball to Larry. I could easily see the two splitting the load 60-40 or even 50-50 though as the Bengals approach a playoff-clinching victory.

If this creates a problem and Benson is unhappy -- that's on him. The worries of locker room turmoil surrounding Larry were understandable, but he's just doing what the playcallers ask of him. Cedric ought to just keep running hard to make certain the ball stays in his grasp most of the time. The Bengals don't owe him anything. He owes them everything.

Well and like others said he should be thankful to because with a RB's short life span being given chance extend his career in to his "3rd contract" should be welcomed...After this year people know he can be the feature back no reason to try & shoot him in the foot even without Larry Cedric Carries should be lightened with just Benard who gives you the homerun threat.

Great when a rookie steps up and a wayward pro bowler returns to form.

Seems to me the o-line is opening up freeways.

Running is a team effort. Great team to be playing running back.

'bout the only message from staff to to Ced is very simple,

we got depth, you don't practice, you don't play.

Ced has first crack on wednesday and thursday.

they game plan on what is prepared in practice,

we saw how well that works when the quality of the depth allows that luxury.

The press are creating any perceived discord where there is none, they pry quotes out of Ced.

The true talent here is the offensive line, you could plug any ""decent" (not a Rudi Johnson) back in there and get production...

If Benson's p***y hurts because LJ's getting work, he's not a team player and that's not good for the Bengals.. I may be wrong but I think this was one of Benson's major problems at Chicago. He couldn't handle the compitition and acted like a baby back biotch??

Anyway, Larry is the man. I knew he'd be a good pickup running behind our MONSTER o-line. I'd like to see us extend LJ for another season but it's doubtful at this point.

I would also like to see Benson come back, suck up his pride (if the rumor is correct), and get in the rotation. Benson, you're good and you have an oppurtunity to be one in the best backs in the league with this o-line. But Larry's done it before (KC).

Larry Johnson and Cedric Benson is one helluva 1-2 punch. Throw in the rookie and Leonard, WOW.

So what exactly did Cedric say?

Larry's here to play... He wants that job just as badly as Ced believes it is his.

/>http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/benson-not-looking-to-share-00783/ C. Trent wrote an article on it

After this week, not a chance Mexico.. There's no way LJ is not active. He's a powerful back.

Well, until Marvin says otherwise that's what I'll believe. You can't sit Scott or Leonard as they have their specialty plays that they come in for. And Scott is our KR, too. I can't see them have 4 backs active each week. I think the only way he sees the field is if one of the other RB's goes down.

He averaged 4.8 yards a carry against Shaun Rodgers and co., he'll be active next week...

I see the situation like this.. Benson will come back, get the start, and get the ball. If he doesn't produce, they have other options. Benson will not be shelved, that's obvious. But, with a player as good as Larry Johnson on your squad, you HAVE to use him.

This (compitition) is a good thing.. Benson will run harder. When he needs a break, we'll bring in the all-pro veteran for a couple series. Everyone has their role on a winning team. If Benson can't handle it, tough.

There is no need for this to be any kind of problem. This is an occurrence that should be met with clapping and fist pumps.

True enough. But there is the matter of team chemistry, and with Cedric already making noise about it.....

I think he may be a bit stung about it but it does seem to be the media provoking out his own personal internal reaction.

To me, Cedric has only shown himself to be a "team" guy. He has certainly earned the tarting role, but the theory that you don't lose your job due to injury can only go so far.

I think they will start Benson in his return, and ease him back into getting the bulk of the carries. THe more I think about it, it will be more balanced once he returns. No need to risk re-aggravating his hip just to placate his pride.

LJ is solid and will prove to be indispensable late in games when keeping the chains moving and the ball out of Brady's or Manning's hands is the goal.

Think of it this way, If NE had LJ for the game at Indy, they would never have lost that game.

At this point, and form what we've seen of Benson and LJ, Benson is the better back. Benson has delivered this team to this point due to his running ability (and obviously the O-line) so why risk any further discord? Give Benson the ball, bring LJ in every third/fourth series.

Cedric needs to shut his pie hole and play. Quit the "I got a bruise" s**t. You want the #1 position? You win the #1 position.

I agree with none of the above.

Benson HAS won the #1 position. It's done, it's settled, it's over. Because, when healthy, Benson has proven capable of leading the entire NFL in rushing.

And IMHO he gets to talk whenever he wants to precisely because he's one of the two or three best players on the team, if not the very best.

Last, if he's complaining about anything it's being held out of games he wants to play in. He wants HIS job back, and he wants it back now.

It doesn't matter largely. When they're sure Ced is ready to go he gets the starting job, no question. In fact, they're making sure he's good to go before putting him back in exactly because he's the man we've ridden and will ride into the playoffs. I like all our backs but we're 8-3 because of two things, in my mind. The defense and Cedric Benson. They are the meat and potatoes of the team. Everything else is garnish.

People in this forum are f**king retarded! :lol: I honestly just have to laugh at the hypocrites...a lot of people bashed this move and now those same dips**ts are coming outta woodworks commending the move... ^_^

Uh, what?

I think there were maybe only a few who really did not like the move.

Most of us thought it was a very, very smart move.

For a guy who ends 98% of his sentences with exclamation points, your use of the term "retard" fall on deaf ears.

Easy, tiger.

^_^

That's so true, I do use exclamation points a lot! Whoops, I did it again!

People in this forum are f**king retarded! :lol: I honestly just have to laugh at the hypocrites...a lot of people bashed this move and now those same dips**ts are coming outta woodworks commending the move... ^_^

Bulls**t.

Plenty of people on here defended the move. A ton actually. Match up the comment now with a comment to the different from prior threads and be specific with the hypocrite charge rather than a strawman general pronouncement of such.

The signing didn't get bashed by the national media which I expected to be quite honest. But, it got a lot of flak from so-called Bengals fans.

I can't see where this is really a concern for Benson at all. He's the #1 RB without thought and now has someone that can spell him IF the team decides to keep him active on gameday. I also am not buying the fact he has to be active due to his 100 yard day he had Sunday. Behind this o-line, one could argue a top level high school RB could have amassed 100 yards against the hapless Browns who had so many people hurt in that game it was ridiculous. That may be a stretch, but you get my point. One 100 yard game agains the Browns doesn't warrant the #1 RB spot when the guy sitting there has been leading the league in rushing up to his injury.

I like having this issue if all parties can keep things in perspective. Oh yeah, f*ck the media !!!

Well then I guess that ends the debate about 3 or 4 RB's this week. I hope they got someone other than Caldwell ready to return kickoffs.

Just read they've told Quan Cosby to be ready to step up. Caldwell is lobbying for a second chance.

And Peko is limited and won't know until Friday if he'll be ready to play.