Official Browns @ Bengals Game Thread!

derekshank

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ and Scott combine for 184 yards on 39 carries. It's still hard to believe that we can now win football games when Carson can passes for 110 yards and the defense forces zero turnovers.

That's old school football. The offense runs it down their throats, and the defense punches them in the mouth.

Hey! Anyone just see Cowher shoot that A$$HOLE Boomer down on the post game show? A$$HOLE Boomer brought up last week's loss to Oakland, the Bengals aren't used to winning, blah blah blah and Cowher just shot back, hey it's the NFL. :lol:

The very nanosecond after the Chin left Pittsburgh, I've liked him. f**k you Boomer, you get to sit in Joisey with the Jets fans for all eternity. I hope you like fake tan and herpes.

Come on people, you win in Dec and Jan with defense and rushing...Not passing...seems that what we are doing and doing well.

If only they can play and win that way vs the Pats or Colts in the playoffs, then there is the Saints. I have serious doubts unless the o-line learns to pass protect better and quit committing penalties.

If only they can play and win that way vs the Pats or Colts in the playoffs, then there is the Saints. I have serious doubts unless the o-line learns to pass protect better and quit committing penalties.

Well I don't think you win against the Colts in a shootout. That's asking to have Manning beat you. You have to play keep away. But can't leave points on the board, or have drive killing penalties....The penalties are what worries me...worries me greatly...more than anything else.

Well I don't think you win against the Colts in a shootout. That's asking to have Manning beat you. You have to play keep away. But can't leave points on the board, or have drive killing penalties....The penalties are what worries me...worries me greatly...more than anything else.

I agree. The Texans had Indy beat today, but they couldn't run the football after they went up by two TDs. I'll admit that I am a bit of a homer, but I like the Bengals chances against the Colts and the Patriots of the world this year more than I have in any other year, including '05.

It is absolutely amazing that the running game went from the worst in the league to a Top 5 unit, from a talent standpoint, in less than a year. When a guy like Bernard Scott is maybe your 3rd best RB, you've got yourself a stable of capable backs that you can use in a variety of roles. You have to give some credit to Mikey and Marvin in transforming the identity of this team from a finesse, pass happy bunch with a bend-but-don't break defense to a physical, ball-control unit that wins with defense.

It's a culture shock for some, but you'll never beat Indy and the Pats in splitting the T.O.P. and not converting on 3rd and short.

Come on people, you win in Dec and Jan with defense and rushing...Not passing...seems that what we are doing and doing well.

Look, you need to pass. And you need guys like Chad Caldwell and Coles to make very tough catches on the sideline and in traffic.

If the line can protect as we know they can, this offense can hang with anyone.

If Palmer can call decent plays, going to things we've all seen be effective, this Offense can hang.

Running the ball is first. They have that well sorted. Give me Benson, LJ and Scott against any other duo/trio in the league. This is a monster attack.

LJ and Scott combine for 184 yards on 39 carries. It's still hard to believe that we can now win football games when Carson can passes for 110 yards and the defense forces zero turnovers.

That's old school football. The offense runs it down their throats, and the defense punches them in the mouth.

Amen! I think the run first, play great defense, control TOP to keep the D fresh strategy is great. We're winning with only occasionally having to bring out the passing game with its greater risk and reward. Once we get to Minnesota and SD you'll see a more balanced offense. (I hope.)

Exactly! Our ball control offense keeps them off the field. Just like the preseason game - 200+ rushing yards and 40 minutes TOP.

Alright. I don't post often in these game threads, but with the loss last week, I thought maybe I'd take the torch and, as greg says, muster up some mojo.

So... Here we go! Post your thoughts on the game here!

Who Dey?!!

Babyshanks, you've won yourself a job. Pick it back up next Sunday.