Official Bengals @ Raiders Game Thread!

BengalszoneBilly

I think it would be unfair to blame the defense for this. They got turnovers and gave the O several chances. The offense just choked the ball out and failed to take what the defense gave them. OH yeah, and f88k me for saying how good we've been on special teams. Jinxed myself.

Defense did good but bad...The Pass Rush was not good today it runs so hot and cold at times Good some games bad others : /

We didn't get the pressure we should have, but other than Trent I think they played well enough for us to win this game. What I don't get is the offense. How do you go from completely dominant to completesuckagein less than a half of football?

play calling

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be unfair to blame the defense for this. They got turnovers and gave the O several chances. The offense just choked the ball out and failed to take what the defense gave them. OH yeah, and f88k me for saying how good we've been on special teams. Jinxed myself.

Defense did good but bad...The Pass Rush was not good today it runs so hot and cold at times Good some games bad others : /

We didn't get the pressure we should have, but other than Trent I think they played well enough for us to win this game. What I don't get is the offense. How do you go from completely dominant to completesuckage in less than a half of football?

play calling

I can't say it's just playcalling though. When Palmers looking a raider in the face at the end of his drop you can't expect a lot of production through the air.

We didn't get the pressure we should have, but other than Trent I think they played well enough for us to win this game. What I don't get is the offense. How do you go from completely dominant to completesuckagein less than a half of football?

play calling

I can't say it's just playcalling though. When palmer's looking a raider in the face at the end of his drop you can't expect a lot of production through the air.

They have palmer play action rolling to his left running directly into a rusher. They did that a few times. Palmer is better with a straight back drop. He didnt have many drop where he could go through progression. Yes the oline pass blocked poorly. BUt we werent running our plays, except for 2 reverses and a fake reverse.

Going from producing well to not producing at all tells me the defense has adjusted. Now the OC needs to adjust as well. The players didnt just quit playing. The plays being called were ineffective.

I agree with you Air Assualt!

play calling

I can't say it's just playcalling though. When palmer's looking a raider in the face at the end of his drop you can't expect a lot of production through the air.

They have palmer play action rolling to his left running directly into a rusher. They did that a few times. Palmer is better with a straight back drop. He didnt have many drop where he could go through progression. Yes the oline pass blocked poorly. BUt we werent running our plays, except for 2 reverses and a fake reverse.

I agree with that. Palmer has never been Ben Rothelisberger rolling out. I was meh when we ran the reverse teh first time, I was pissed when we did it a second time. I"m glad we've become a great running team but we need it to not be a one dimensional offense. I"m not sayng we are, but I'd like to see something more out of our passing game.

Agreed. Like I said, Brat's playcalling was too clever by half. He got fancy, and away from what the O does best.

at the least, Brat should have realized quicker that Oakland was well prepared for the roll out and throw option and was defending it well and gone away from it a little earlier. Some real wasted downs in this game.

Agreed. Like I said, Brat's playcalling was too clever by half. He got fancy, and away from what the O does best.

Coaching was bad today! Brat was trying way to hard, and should have kept running the ball, and gave it to LJ some also.

Well i guess this team isnt as good as i thought they were, maybe they were just a little to cocky!

I don't think they were cocky I think they knew they could lose this game I think it was matter of everything that could go wrong did...

Offense turned the ball over & Stalled...Special Teams Kick missed & Caldwell fumble and then Defense failing to get constant pressure...

Seems like the Greg Ellis signing would have been kinda nice even if Odom was healthy :|

Maybe maybe not, but once the scored there first two touchdowns they got away from what was getting them there. It was almost like they scored 2 TDs already game over.

Well i guess this team isnt as good as i thought they were, maybe they were just a little to cocky!

I don't think they were cocky I think they knew they could lose this game I think it was matter of everything that could go wrong did...

Offense turned the ball over & Stalled...Special Teams Kick missed & Caldwell fumble and then Defense failing to get constant pressure...

Seems like the Greg Ellis signing would have been kinda nice even if Odom was healthy :|

Maybe maybe not, but once the scored there first two touchdowns they got away from what was getting them there. It was almost like they scored 2 TDs already game over.

Quinn Next week - 300 yards and 4 tds this week

Oh well guys this is the same team that beat philly and really their Def was pretty fast and athletic. And this QB seemed to give them a spark to.

We had fumbles and penalties that hurt and cost us yards and the team can't be perfect everyday. So I say put this one behind us go out there next week and let the next team pay for it.