B. Scott AFC special teams player of the week

BlainThePain

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/18/smith-scott-named-special-teams-players-of-the-week/

Smith, Scott named special teams players of the week

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 18, 2009 11:43 AM ET

Washington Redskins punter Hunter Smith and Cincinnati Bengals kickoff returner Bernard Scott have been named the NFC and AFC special teams players of the week, the league announced today.

Smith punted four times with a 38.0-yard average, but that's not why he was named special teams player of the week. The primary reason Smith got the award was that he threw a 35-yard touchdown pass on a fake field goal for one of the best plays of a largely frustrating Redskins season.

Smith, who ran for an eight-yard touchdown on a fake field goal in the Redskins' Week 1 game against the Giants, is the first punter or kicker in NFL history to throw for a touchdown and run for a touchdown in the same season.

Smith previously won the AFC special teams player of the week in 2005, when he played for the Colts.

Scott, a sixth-round draft pick out of Abilene Christian, returned a kickoff 96 yards for the game's only touchdown to help the Bengals beat the Steelers 18-12 Sunday at Heinz Field. Overall, he returned five kickoffs for 206 yards, a 41.2-yard average.

Scott is the third Bengal to earn a player of the week award this year, following defensive end Antwan Odom in Week 2 and quarterback Carson Palmer in Week 7.

woo!

I hope more folks watch the breakdown of that play and give more credit to Cosby, tho

I did, and I agree Cosby showed something there. It was a good play all around. In fact, the first thing I screamed at my tv when Scott scored was, "And no flags!!"

It was beautiful.

I was jumping off my couch. That was a great play all the way around.