Signing LJ is so dumb.

TJJackson

Makes sense to me. The more I think about this the more on-board with it I am. I was skeptical at first but it seems like a low-risk signing.

Hopefully, LJ will look at this as his chance to redeem his career and perform great for us when needed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens and Steelers have scored a lot of points against teams not named the Bengals.

Furthermore, the Pats and Colts don't have defenses as good as the Ravens and Steelers.

Not saying the Bengals will hold Manning out of the endzone. But he's not putting 30+ up either. And I think the Bengals would be able to shove the ball down the throat of the Colts D.

For sure, I think we can play with anyone but mistakes would have to be kept at an absolute minimum against those two QBs as they are the two best at capitalizing on those mistakes. Just my opinion.

The Colts D has allowed the fewest pts up in the entire league anyway so whilst their D might not be big and rough and tough, they get the job done.

I see this as the Bengals sweeping the Steelers and Ravens and knowing these 2 teams won the SB with running the football and playing great D, the Bengals are doing both right now...IF the Bengals meet the Colts in the playoffs, the best way to beat PManning is to not have him on the field, and with a good running game and a fresh D we would have a very good chance...If CHenry can learn and change, I don't see why LJohnson can't/won't knowing what's at stake, if he comes in and disrupts a team locker room who has a legitimate shot of going to the SB who is ever going to sign him...

Ain't it your birthday today 585? :happybirthday:

I see this as the Bengals sweeping the Steelers and Ravens and knowing these 2 teams won the SB with running the football and playing great D, the Bengals are doing both right now...IF the Bengals meet the Colts in the playoffs, the best way to beat PManning is to not have him on the field, and with a good running game and a fresh D we would have a very good chance...If CHenry can learn and change, I don't see why LJohnson can't/won't knowing what's at stake, if he comes in and disrupts a team locker room who has a legitimate shot of going to the SB who is ever going to sign him...

Yeah Billy the ol 45 thanks for asking...

Yeah Billy the ol 45 thanks for asking...

You've been here long enough. You've earned such recognition. Besides, you got a hot babe in your sig.

The Ravens and Steelers have scored a lot of points against teams not named the Bengals.

Furthermore, the Pats and Colts don't have defenses as good as the Ravens and Steelers.

Not saying the Bengals will hold Manning out of the endzone. But he's not putting 30+ up either. And I think the Bengals would be able to shove the ball down the throat of the Colts D.

For sure, I think we can play with anyone but mistakes would have to be kept at an absolute minimum against those two QBs as they are the two best at capitalizing on those mistakes. Just my opinion.

The Colts D has allowed the fewest pts up in the entire league anyway so whilst their D might not be big and rough and tough, they get the job done.

Yeah. The Colts D has done it's part. You're right. And I'm not sure why, but it feels like they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. But you're right about them being #1 in scoring defense.

That said... if you take away the miraculous deflection, Cincy is #1. Just a little FYI to brighten your day.

I guess I just feel like the Bengals match up well against the Colts. They have a very average rush defense that I think Benson would take advantage of. They also have the 28th ranked rushing offense. I feel like the Bengals would just play keep away from Manning, win the TOP stat by a considerable margin, and hope that Manning doesn't get the ball with 2:00 left down by one score.

Yeah. The Colts D has done it's part. You're right. And I'm not sure why, but it feels like they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. But you're right about them being #1 in scoring defense.

That said... if you take away the miraculous deflection, Cincy is #1. Just a little FYI to brighten your day.

I guess I just feel like the Bengals match up well against the Colts. They have a very average rush defense that I think Benson would take advantage of. They also have the 28th ranked rushing offense. I feel like the Bengals would just play keep away from Manning, win the TOP stat by a considerable margin, and hope that Manning doesn't get the ball with 2:00 left down by one score.

Very interesting about their rushing stats. That is a great match up for us both ways and in a game similar to the Miami game (albeit probably without such an extreme disparity in TOP between the two sides) our D is streets ahead of Miami's.

As of right now, I largely agree with you. This team can go into a game against any team with a certain level of confidence and I suspect most of the "established powers" in the AFC will want to avoid an unknown, of sorts, in the playoffs.