Larry johnson

HoTbOy

I hope it's not a done deal. They may need insurance, but I don't think he's it.

Who else is ? Practice Squad fodder? Dede who no team took a chance on even with his "big" preseason play? Not a fan but really not alot better options atm...Marvin also seems be taking right stance on it that he'll only play if Bscott or Benson go down...

PS,I wonder if part of him signing though is he asks to play against the chiefs ;)

They need a guy who can carry 20-25 times a game, Scott nor DeDe is that guy, never will be. Leonard could probably handle the load, but you won't see him breaking off big runs, and is just not talented enough. His role is fine as-is.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what I'm hearing. When I saw the signing, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the public lynching the Bengals would receive on ESPN tonight while I was preparing for MNF... but every single analyst loves this move!

Remember how everyone killed the Bengals last year for bringing in Benson? It's amazing what winning can do. The Bengals actually getting the benefit of the constant double standards for a change!

I can't believe what I'm hearing. When I saw the signing, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the public lynching the Bengals would receive on ESPN tonight while I was preparing for MNF... but every single analyst loves this move!

Remember how everyone killed the Bengals last year for bringing in Benson? It's amazing what winning can do. The Bengals actually getting the benefit of the constant double standards for a change!

Word.

Golic and Jaws appluaded the move and gushed about the Bengals Power running and defense, saying the team is effectively gearing up for a SB run and this was a smart move. Also, they thought LJ could end up the #2 before too long.

If LJ has any tread left, he Bengals need to extract it out of him on the way to Miami.

Oh, and also, this takes LJ off the market for NE, Houston, Philly, Washington, Atlanta, and Seattle. Sorry suckers, especially NE.

I really thought LJ would end up in NE or Atl. NE is decimated at RB and ATL has little depth, and Turner just "turnered" his ankle.

NE is one dimensional (really, really good but still one dimensional) without a decent power RB. ATL, well, there is this thing call the sophomore slump....

All I know is if we need someone to spell CED while he recovers or just insurance this guy is it.

Dede, Shawn Alexander and all the other names that have been thrown out there are not in playing shape and game ready. LJ is. He is in football shape. I'll take that over signing someone and waiting for them to "get their feet under them" or waiting for them to get into football shape.

i like this move. this guy can still play, yea his numbers have dipped. but he is 1 year removed from having a 4.5 ypc average. then also we have a o-line that can block for him. as for his problems. if this was 2005 i would be worried not with this team. i have no doubt he will come here and be a good player and a good teammate. as for marvins comment on larry. i think that if larry picks up the offense and earns his respect with these coaches and players. i don't think he will stay 4th on the depth chart. let face it larry has talent, and if he can help us win he will play. maybe spell ced or even play some 3rd downs. the one constant you here from all head coaches is, the best players are going to play. and if he's better than what we have behind benson then so be it.

I was gonna read what everyone had to say on this topic but this is one hot button topic apparently and I quite frankly don't give a damn what some of you negative nancies have to say.

I'm completely on board with this. We Bengals fans should know better than anyone that people deserve second chances.

Ced is seriously hurt, the team was interested in LJ last week.

Welcome to Cincy LJ. Who-Dey! Here's to the inside track to a 1st round playoff bye! :cheers:

I was gonna read what everyone had to say on this topic but this is one hot button topic apparently and I quite frankly don't give a damn what some of you negative nancies have to say.

I'm completely on board with this. We Bengals fans should know better than anyone that people deserve second chances.

Ced is seriously hurt, the team was interested in LJ last week.

Welcome to Cincy LJ. Who-Dey! Here's to the inside track to a 1st round playoff bye! :cheers:

Actually, if you had bothered reading it, you would have found that there are not many "negative nancies" in this thread... you positive p***y. :lol:

Ok guys let's say LJ comes here gets some hugh rushing games, say 190s and avg about 170 ypg! Causes no trouble don't hear a peep from him off the field. What are you gonna say then?

Ok guys let's say LJ comes here gets some hugh rushing games, say 190s and avg about 170 ypg! Causes no trouble don't hear a peep from him off the field. What are you gonna say then?

I am going to say, "Royal Palm South Beach, I'd like to book a room..."

I'd call up an old college buddy who still lives in Coconut Grove and invite myself over for a week.

U da man Kingwilly

Im with ya man save me a seat!!!

I'd ask him if he would like some coke or some hookers, paid for by me :cheers:

Since I dont see many people against it, I'll take the devils advocate roll here.

Say Benson takes 2 weeks off to rest his hip. Larry Johnson comes in, the bengals win both games, Johnson gets say 46 carries in 2 games, goes for a combined 180ish yards and 1 td each game. Benson comes back at 100% and Marvin says, ok, you are inactive this week. I highly doubt Johnson takes the "Whatever is best for the team" stance.

At the league minimum though, I will accept this. Low risk, But if he says anything, even 1 small comment, he should be on the street. Waited years for a locker room to seem to be together like this, don't want to see it damaged.

I highly doubt Johnson takes the "Whatever is best for the team" stance.

Oh well. If he tries to raise hell, his ass is gone. If he doesn't want to be on a winning team, I'm sure Seattle will sign him. Worked for TJ.

Speak of the devil, there's a fun youtube clip here:

/>http://blog.seattlepi.com/undraftedfreeagent/archives/185223.asp?from=blog_last3

I highly doubt Johnson takes the "Whatever is best for the team" stance.

Oh well. If he tries to raise hell, his ass is gone. If he doesn't want to be on a winning team, I'm sure Seattle will sign him. Worked for TJ.

Thats why I like it at the league minimum. But someone had to play a devils advocate roll. It seemed like everyone was completely for it.

Also, found that TJ clip hilarious. Best thing I've seen all day.

In the not-too-distant-past:

NE fan might have said

Corey Dillon is a cancer and the last thing we need here.

Randy Moss is a cancer and the last thing we need here.

Just sayin'.

Neither one of those players ever beat women or got into alcohol related incidents. The dude is a tool and a classless punk.

Moss suffered through the same thing Chad did last year. He didn't have a QB that could get him the damn ball.

Corey Dillon was frustrated at losing which is why he acted the way he did. I don't blame him at all for bitching.

I don't doubt that LJ will get some nice yardage here, but it is because of our Oline not him. The dude is a product of his Olinemen.

Go troll some Chiefs forums right now. They are going insane and talking some serious s**t, and of course they keep bringing up the criminal stuff.

Wouldn't you feel the same way?

What if last year, in the middle of his tank job, Chad finally did enough for Mike Brown to cut him? What if a week later a first place team was going to pick him up? Wouldn't you ultimately feel like he was getting rewarded for his bad behavior? Wouldn't you in some way resent not just the player, but the team that gave him what he wanted?

Or, to make it a bit more close to home... think about how we all felt about Corey Dillon finding success on the Patriots.

I'm not saying the Bengals are making a mistake - but I can definitely identify with a KC fan who is pissed off right now.

Chad didn't do enough to get cut.. He did enough to cause a lightbulb to flicker inside MB's little head.

At the same time, I would be mad if I were a KC fan... But that's the way things go. If you do the things you need to do to be a winner, things like this won't happen.

Go troll some Chiefs forums right now. They are going insane and talking some serious s**t, and of course they keep bringing up the criminal stuff.

What if last year, in the middle of his tank job, Chad finally did enough for Mike Brown to cut him? What if a week later a first place team was going to pick him up? Wouldn't you ultimately feel like he was getting rewarded for his bad behavior? Wouldn't you in some way resent not just the player, but the team that gave him what he wanted?

Or, to make it a bit more close to home... think about how we all felt about Corey Dillon finding success on the Patriots.

I'm not saying the Bengals are making a mistake - but I can definitely identify with a KC fan who is pissed off right now.

Chad didn't do enough to get cut.. He did enough to cause a lightbulb to flicker inside MB's little head.

At the same time, I would be mad if I were a KC fan... But that's the way things go. If you do the things you need to do to be a winner, things like this won't happen.

I find it amazing that you think that anything Chad did has an effect on anything Mikey does.

I find it amazing that you think that anything Chad did has an effect on anything Mikey does.

I think it had a little to do with it.. Yes. Chad may not have much influence, but what he said definitely struck a chord this time around.

Who throws the owner under a bus like that and doesn't get s**t-canned??