Cedric Benson Injury?

vettespd20

As long as his initials don't start with LJ. The chemistry this team has must not be exposed to a douchebag, especially one who is softly spoken (God that's irritated me for yrs -SPEAK UP!).

Kenny Watson or Edgerrin James maybe?

Shaun Alexander or, dare I say, the artist-formerly-known-as-32---Rudi Johnson??

As long as his initials don't start with LJ. The chemistry this team has must not be exposed to a douchebag, especially one who is softly spoken (God that's irritated me for yrs -SPEAK UP!).

Kenny Watson or Edgerrin James maybe?

Good thinking - I was coming up empty with names. Well, Watson does know the place and is a decent depth guy. Pretty versatile etc. Edge - I dunno. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if this injury is serious.

Maybe they work Vakapuna into the mix if Ced is forced to sit for the next couple of weeks? He's not the best blocker but they really liked his agility and running. I mean, I know it's rather taboo in the league these days but a hefty FB powering through on short runs can still be effective, especially in our division.

Did a little checking on hip flexor - 4 to 6 weeks out is typical?

If that bears out, he comes back with a week or two prior to the playoffs.....

I would think we'd sign a veteran rent-a-back in the meantime....someone who can sign for min, and know he's gone when Cedric is back

Is that for a tear, pull, or a strain? From what it looks like he suffered a strain. Also, hasn't his hip been bothering him all year? If he needs to sit out for the next 2-3 weeks, so be it. We've got Oak, Cle, and Det coming up.

Jesus f**k why hasn't Dede been mentioned? Is he still available?

The Bills worked out free-agent running backs DeDe Dorsey and Lorenzo Booker Friday.

Dorsey was waived by the Bengals after Week 1 while Booker was made expendable in Philly by the arrival of LeSean McCoy. The Bills also worked out Gary Russell earlier this week. They're looking for someone to join Fred Jackson and Xavier Omon in the backfield until Marshawn Lynch's suspension is over

Thats the latest on DeDe. And that was on September 19th. We have the speed back in Scott... I'd like to see a semi pounding back... Edge, Watson, Alexander type deal... Give them a month of pounding is all the Bengals need.

Jesus f**k why hasn't Dede been mentioned? Is he still available?

I think the thing about Dede is that, if you are going to rent a back for an extended period of time, you don't piss the money off on someone with Dede's track record of injuries. One or two weeks down the road, you find yourself having this conversation again.

Shoot, I have Ced in my fantasy league.

I picked up Scott earlier, he should be seeing the bulk of the carries in his absence, right?

I would think so, unless you see a wire saying Mike Brown went out and rented Larry Johnson, who is just about on the list of guys I couldn't root for even in tiger stripes, aka TO, Joey Porter and Rodney Harrison before he quit (and TJ Douchemandzadeh now).

They can't bring Kenny in until the UFL season is up either. I'm pretty sure he's playing there too.

I doubt it is really an issue of can't.

There may be contractual fines involved, but if the NFL team really wanted to pick up said player, they'd pay said fine....and I am sure said player would rather be earning a NFL gamecheck over a UFL game check