Bully up to the bar, boys!

HairOnFire

i am a newb here but i dont feel like one. i have been reading these boards for a while now (years) and i recognize the names ( and personalities) even tho u guys dont really recognize mine. its why i chose this message board becuz its tightknit and has been for a while. its weird. that said don't ban me!!!

Seems real but I would probably boot him... Where you from CT? If you've been reading these boards for "years" here's a test...

Who's my arch rival on these boards?

CT joined end of September, I believe, and has never been any problem on here. I have no reason to distrust or punt him.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a newb here but i dont feel like one. i have been reading these boards for a while now (years) and i recognize the names ( and personalities) even tho u guys dont really recognize mine. its why i chose this message board becuz its tightknit and has been for a while. its weird. that said don't ban me!!!

Seems real but I would probably boot him... Where you from CT? If you've been reading these boards for "years" here's a test...

Trick question? Answer is everybody?

LOL

Just kidding.

Trick question? Answer is everybody?

LOL

Just kidding.

Actually I think you're pretty close Greg. Agrizzle goes around with a lot of us here.

I've been watching Bengals football for 30 years, baby. Quiz my ass! They are who I know they are!

I can't apologize for this board being dead.

But are you who we think you are?

And BTW, Tres Dos doesn't mean thirty-two.

And Ocho Cinco doesn't mean 85.

I'm going to assume you've just had a long day. :)

You're easy.

well i dont really kno all too much about who u hate but i do kno tj gets alot of ball breaking round these parts, theres really no reason for me to lie about it, im a 26 year old who majored in math and chemistry, i have no life!! i do kno that the boards used to look diff. and i can tell u for the longest time the grpahic thingy on top had pics of lewis with some headphones, ocho and rudi (even after he was cut). i dont think palmer was up there. i dont kno how i cud prove it but it easily has been years ive been reading these boards.

well i dont really kno all too much about who u hate but i do kno tj gets alot of ball breaking round these parts, theres really no reason for me to lie about it, im a 26 year old who majored in math and chemistry, i have no life!! i do kno that the boards used to look diff. and i can tell u for the longest time the grpahic thingy on top had pics of lewis with some headphones, ocho and rudi (even after he was cut). i dont think palmer was up there. i dont kno how i cud prove it but it easily has been years ive been reading these boards.

Nice to meet ya ct... just wondering. You should've posted earlier brother. Don't listen to TJ, he's a prude. Be on my side. The fun side. lololol.

Yeah, that injury bothers me as well. The offense blocked more consistently when Mathis came in for Livings ( or seemed to). Hopefully Livings can build on whatever it was the coaches saw that had him running with the first unit to start the year.

Can we please get on topic here?

I want to have Paul Alexander's Baby!

I like what he has done to get guys like Cook and Roland playing at an elite level. I do not hold it against him that he could not do the same with Gaychick, or convert Andrews form a shotputter to an NFL RT. It is also not his fault Levi Jones knees aged at an accelerated rate.

this line could be alexander's opus.

I like what he has done to get guys like Cook and Roland playing at an elite level. I do not hold it against him that he could not do the same with Gaychick, or convert Andrews form a shotputter to an NFL RT. It is also not his fault Levi Jones knees aged at an accelerated rate.

I will give him props for exceeding expectations. But, let's be honest, this is the first time he has ever done so. I still believe they burn far too many high draft picks on the OL, with very little return. At least now they are getting a return on their investment. And you are right about Cook and Roland. I have challenged anyone to name a Paul Alexander success story. I believe both were undrafted FA's so they would definitely qualify. I will gladly eat crow if he can maintain this type of success.

I like what he has done to get guys like Cook and Roland playing at an elite level. I do not hold it against him that he could not do the same with Gaychick, or convert Andrews from a shotputter to an NFL RT. It is also not his fault Levi Jones knees aged at an accelerated rate.

I will give him props for exceeding expectations. But, let's be honest, this is the first time he has ever done so. I still believe they burn far too many high draft picks on the OL, with very little return. At least now they are getting a return on their investment. And you are right about Cook and Roland. I have challenged anyone to name a Paul Alexander success story. I believe both were undrafted FA's so they would definitely qualify. I will gladly eat crow if he can maintain this type of success.

I'd even submit Mathis coming off the street, backing up Livings and starting the way he has is a big success.

I hold the bengals mgmt responsible for running Anderson out of town. Steinbeck as well.

Jones and Steinbeck are the only two i can think of who I wish had played out differently. Had Levi not broken down so quick and Eric get a contract, we'd not have had the pain of last year and probably not have had Carson injure his elbow.

Line would have been Levi - steinbeck - gaychick - Williams - Anderson. Once levi broke down, they could have had Whit go to LT right away, and still had Collins and Andrews in reserve.

So, this year it could have been Whit, Steinbeck, Cook, Williams, Roland/Collins.

Sure, this is all speculation but I don't hold Alexander responsible for the management decisions, which have often been bad, but i do applaud his work to get guys like Livings, Mathis, Cook, and Roland playing well. He has done a great job with developing Whitworth and certainly got as much from Levi Jones as his health would permit.

To me, the greatest test and measure of his ability will be Andre Smith. I look forward to seeing what he is able to do to shape him into an all-pro RT.

These last few yrs, Whit in the second is about the only high pick I can remember and Andre this yr of course.

In fact, looking into it a little further, for the 15 yrs PA has been the OL coach, there have been precisely 5 O-linemen drafted in the top 2 rnds of the draft. Or, one every 3 yrs. Too many? Really? Frankly, I'm astonished at such a low number. My appreciation for his efforts grows by the minute tbh.

And, hard to call Andrews a bust. He's starting at RG for the Eagles on a large FA contract. Not bad for a 4th round project who only played a few downs of football his senior year . That sounds to me like Alexander has to get some of that credit.

The Bengals will run some effective zone concepts; blasting a guard or two upfield to help with the second level. They’ll also send linemen pulling in space and go with straight man-on-man drive-blocking. However, the fact that they ranked at or near the bottom of the league in every blocking stat we tabulate implies that perhaps they should pick a method and stick with it.

The above is the opening paragraph from the football outsider article. I repost it only to make the following point.

Had the Bengals not picked a method and stuck with it we wouldn't be talking about Cook, Mathis, or Livings. Because none of those guys are athletic enough to do the types of things the Bengals routinely asked their O-lineman to do in the past.

So let's give Alexander the credit he deserves while wondering why it took so long to realize that better results could be had just by streamlining the things this team attempted to do every week.

It tends to make me think that there was no coherent direction from anyone: the owner, the coaches or the players until fairly recently. Football, whilst full of Xs & Os, is not rocket science. Find a philosophy and execute it well. Over and over and over.

It also helps you to identify players who fit your general scheme and game plan in the draft, hopefully leading to fewer disappointments.

These last few yrs, Whit in the second is about the only high pick I can remember and Andre this yr of course.

In fact, looking into it a little further, for the 15 yrs PA has been the OL coach, there have been precisely 5 O-linemen drafted in the top 2 rnds of the draft. Or, one every 3 yrs. Too many? Really? Frankly, I'm astonished at such a low number. My appreciation for his efforts grows by the minute tbh.

Prior to this year, the only above average line that PA fielded consisted of two Free Agents (signed from other teams), a projected first rounder that slipped to the 2nd round and 2 TOP TEN draft picks. I can not think of another team that had to burn two top 10 draft picks in order to achieve a decent line.

But, things are looking different this year. I just hope it continues.