Just Because We Haven't Kicked Mikey Around Lately

HoosierCat

I'm surprised the Saints aren't being mentioned. The owner wanted to move long before Katrina hit.

How much longer does he have to wait so that it won't look like divorcing your wife the day after she was diagnosed with cancer?

I dunno. Is there a 'John Edwards' joke in here somewhere?

(Booo Hisssss)

Yeah, I know, below the belt.

Anywho, he ain't leaving New Orleans as long as they are winning. They start losing and the fans turn, maybe. After the support the fans showed that team, Robert Irsay has a better chance of getting a day named after him in Baltimore.

[A little off-topic, but if you go here http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/ you get a look at the new stadium design. Check out the earthen bank built up around the stadium. Think of the structural steel and concrete you save with this design. Just lay your seating in the earthen bowl. PS - This Roski guy must have a pipeline of money flowing to the California Legislature, because they passed a law exempting his stadium from their environmental laws.

Looks more like they are taking the top of a hill off and placing the stadium down inside the carved out remains of said hill.

[A little off-topic, but if you go here http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/ you get a look at the new stadium design. Check out the earthen bank built up around the stadium. Think of the structural steel and concrete you save with this design. Just lay your seating in the earthen bowl. PS - This Roski guy must have a pipeline of money flowing to the California Legislature, because they passed a law exempting his stadium from their environmental laws.

Looks more like they are taking the top of a hill off and placing the stadium down inside the carved out remains of said hill.

They are. It reduces that amount of material needed to construct the stadium. Not a bad idea.

Greg...it doesn't matter if LA has been there and done that with Al Davis. If Al wants to come, I bet he could end up back there. Davis has already beaten the NFL in court once. He doesn't mind that process at all.

How much longer does he have to wait so that it won't look like divorcing your wife the day after she was diagnosed with cancer?

Sure. In fact, let me set you up.

Start by reminding the reader how Newt Gingrich announced he was divorcing his wife while she was hospitalized with cancer. Then work in the bit where Rudy G, America's Mayor, pulls a comparable stunt. Finally, mention how John McCain dumped his first wife while she was still recovering from injuries suffered in a near fatal car crash.

Now all you need to come up with is a funny John Edwards punchline.

You're welcome.

Sure. In fact, let me set you up.

Start by reminding the reader how Newt Gingrich announced he was divorcing his wife while she was hospitalized with cancer. Then work in the bit where Rudy G, America's Mayor, pulls a comparable stunt. Finally, mention how John McCain dumped his first wife while she was still recovering from injuries suffered in a near fatal car crash.

Now all you need to come up with is a funny John Edwards punchline.

You're welcome.

Actually, I'd kinda like to see the punchline you could craft from this. You set it up very well, truth be told. However, since you brought up car crash with McCain's wife, could we also put in a Ted Kennedy/Chappaquadick reference, or is it too soon?