Simpson or Coffman?

kurgan74

I never put a lot of stock in the "Simpson is a bust" talk, because not being able to leapfrog the talent of Chad, Coles, and Henry, or the unique skill set of Caldwell doesn't exactly mean that he sucks.

But with Palmer's endorsement of Purify over Simpson does begin to make me wonder, how long does it take? I know he came from a small school... but it's not like he was a QB learning the WR position for the first time. If Simpson wants to play ever, he might need to learn to play STs.

Not sure why everyone is down on Simpson. He may be further along than we think. There has been no room on the active roster until now.

Who was he gonna dress over/ Coles, Caldwell, Chad, Henry, Cosby? He doesnt return kicks, so he didnt have a role. It isnt really a testament of his skills, more of a testament of the rest of the cores skills.

Caldwell has been the one to step up from that draft. If we miss on Simpson then Im ok with it because we hit on Caldwell.

Im just not ready to say he should be dropped. I think this is his opportunity to contribute. This will be his chance to show his stuff. It would be a huge slap in the face and indication that he is just taking up space if Purify is brought up and dresses over Simpson.

Henry to IR. Simpson Dresses. Purify brought up from practice squad. (Purify gets on field only because of ST play but not this week, Simpson will be on sidelines this week.)

And whats the alternative to Simpson from the draft? Sweed?

Maybe Smith this week? Or do we wait til the easy schedule after?

Not sure why everyone is down on Simpson.

I'm not ready to cut all ties with him, he'll get next yr's camp until that decision has to be made but when the QB says the PS guy who has been in the league as long as Simpson is more ready well, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Not sure why everyone is down on Simpson. He may be further along than we think. There has been no room on the active roster until now.

Who was he gonna dress over/ Coles, Caldwell, Chad, Henry, Cosby? He doesnt return kicks, so he didnt have a role. It isnt really a testament of his skills, more of a testament of the rest of the cores skills.

Caldwell has been the one to step up from that draft. If we miss on Simpson then Im ok with it because we hit on Caldwell.

Im just not ready to say he should be dropped. I think this is his opportunity to contribute. This will be his chance to show his stuff. It would be a huge slap in the face and indication that he is just taking up space if Purify is brought up and dresses over Simpson.

Henry to IR. Simpson Dresses. Purify brought up from practice squad. (Purify gets on field only because of ST play but not this week, Simpson will be on sidelines this week.)

And whats the alternative to Simpson from the draft? Sweed?

Maybe Smith this week? Or do we wait til the easy schedule after?

I kind of agree here, but there are 8 games left in the regular season, that would seem to be enough time for Henry to heal and rehab and get back on the team before the playoffs begin. The coaches may not want to hold a spot for him that long though.

Let's say Simpson and Purify are more or less equal purely as receivers - ie catch the ball

They're not, but for sake of this argument, they're equal

Then let's add blocking, toughness, and special teams play to the equation

Then add Carson's endorsement

Now decide who you want if Cheech is IR'ed

We all know what you want dips**t, you wanna release Chad and promote Purify, right?

At Marvin's 1pm presser today he stated that Scott Kooistra would likely be brought back after putting Henry on IR. Seems he likes his depth at WR with Simpson and Cosby battling it out to replace Henry. Marvin didn't seem worried about replacing Chris by calling him his 4th receiver

At Marvin's 1pm presser today he stated that Scott Kooistra would likely be brought back after putting Henry on IR. Seems he likes his depth at WR with Simpson and Cosby battling it out to replace Henry. Marvin didn't seem worried about replacing Chris by calling him his 4th receiver

Damn, I thought we had finally gotten rid of Koistra! I guess when you need backup OG he isnt to bad of a pickup.

Wasn't Mathis also hurt in this past game?

*checking gamebook*

yeah, Livings must have come in for Mathis and now with Mathis week to week and probably out next week they need a versatile experienced backup OL, and Kooistra is that

Less of Cheech means we'll see more of Caldwell and his 4.3 speed, which ain't a bad thing at all

We all know what you want dips**t, you wanna release Chad and promote Purify, right?

Didn't say anything about releasing Chad in the post you are responding to

In fact, Chad was not mentioned at all

To review - Cheech to IR, Purify from PS to active roster

Paging Jerome Simpson....Mr. Jerome Simpson, please pick up the orange and black courtesy phone, please.

According to Lewis - Simpson will get a shot.

In YO FACE!!! :P

kidding - I really want to see Simpson on the field. We will see him more I bet in the run against Cle, Oak, Det. He wont see action in Pitt. Unless we run 4 wr set - I hope we dont have to though.

Purify will get his shot though. But he will have to wait, we cant practice squad Simpson.

Im not counting on Coffman this year at all. Kindof dissappointing but we are 6-2 - so no real problem since Foschi is playing well.