The Official Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

BengalszoneBilly

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, some links to some Ravens boards game threads would be swell.

Thanks.

Agreed.

Just got to my car after the game, finaly got to one this year. Awesome game. Our cbs absolutely dominated, Leon Hall, Jonathon Joseph, and Morgan Trent. Amazing job by all 3. Coles had a great game, and JP Foschi.

Think they got a little too conservative with offensive and defensive playcalling, but gotta love this def.

Our cbs absolutely dominated, Leon Hall, Jonathon Joseph, and Morgan Trent. Amazing job by all 3.

I never would have guessed that come the halfway point of the season, our top performing draft picks would have been the 5th round punter and the 6th round corner (and yes, I know an argument can be made for Rey as well)

Of course, I would have laughed uproariously at anyone suggesting 6-2 record at the halfway point as well

Naturally, I still hope to see Bernard on the field more, but perhaps that can wait til the second halves of the Oakland-Cleveland-KC-Detroit games. Assuming we are several scores ahead, this'd give Cedric a lighter load to keep him fresh for the increasingly possible playoffs

Our cbs absolutely dominated, Leon Hall, Jonathon Joseph, and Morgan Trent. Amazing job by all 3.

I never would have guessed that come the halfway point of the season, our top performing draft picks would have been the 5th round punter and the 6th round corner (and yes, I know an argument can be made for Rey as well)

Of course, I would have laughed uproariously at anyone suggesting 6-2 record at the halfway point as well

Naturally, I still hope to see Bernard on the field more, but perhaps that can wait til the second halves of the Oakland-Cleveland-KC-Detroit games. Assuming we are several scores ahead, this'd give Cedric a lighter load to keep him fresh for the increasingly possible playoffs

Without Benson playing hard and getting his 100 yards per game, there will be no playoffs.

I think they secure the Po berth first and then work in Scott more to spot Benson and let him freshen up a little in the couple of weeks heading into them. Of course, were we to secure a bye, that would give Ced even more of a breather but I'm getting ahead of myself here. ^_^

Without Benson playing hard and getting his 100 yards per game, there will be no playoffs.

I am not suggesting not playing him at all - rather, if we blow those weak teams out early, wouldn't it be better play subs to keep Cedric fresher and avoid injury in a game already well in hand?

In theory you have a point, but the reality is there are no weak teams for the Bengals. I thought the Texans would have been one, but they beat us. IMHO every team remains a threat.

We have a hard schedule coming up. The Steelers have an easier remaining schedule on paper. Let's wrap this division up next week. I think we win two of our last 4 at least (namely the SD and Jets games - good match-ups for us). The meat of the schedule is coming up in the next month. The battle for the AFCN and then three very winnable games.

We take of business this month and we're playing for seeding thereafter.

I think we win two of our last 4

C'mon Pidge, don't think that way. It would have gotten us no where today. Come Sunday, the Bengals are in the game.

Well, they better beat the Jets. I'll be at the game. I'm glad the Steelers have a short week. The Duke has played well but Roy coming back would also be a great plus for us.

I think we win two of our last 4

C'mon Pidge, don't think that way. It would have gotten us no where today. Come Sunday, the Bengals are in the game.

Well, they better beat the Jets. I'll be at the game. I'm glad the Steelers have a short week. The Duke has played well but Roy coming back would also be a great plus for us.

Duke Nukem is a beast. So is Roy Williams, and don't fret the Bengals playing teams that run the 3-4 defense. They obviously know how to exploit it. :bengal:

I am not suggesting not playing him at all - rather, if we blow those weak teams out early, wouldn't it be better play subs to keep Cedric fresher and avoid injury in a game already well in hand?

In theory you have a point, but the reality is there are no weak teams for the Bengals. I thought the Texans would have been one, but they beat us. IMHO every team remains a threat.

Every game will be a challenge. A down and out team can always rise to the occasion against a better team-look what TB did today against the Packers and the Raiders to the Eagles. A lot of tough road games ahead, too. But 6-2, and 4-0 in the division, is still a great way to get reaqdy for the second half of the season.

Every game will be a challenge. A down and out team can always rise to the occasion against a better team-look what TB did today against the Packers and the Raiders to the Eagles. A lot of tough road games ahead, too. But 6-2, and 4-0 in the division, is still a great way to get reaqdy for the second half of the season.

Point taken.

Isn't this mem's job? If the Bengals lose today, we know who to blame.

uh oh :unsure:

Isn't this mem's job? If the Bengals lose today, we know who to blame.

My first thoughts as well... ruh-roh.

I'll be bringing it again next Sunday boys... bengalbelievers.gif