Ocho at it again

gregstephens

Ocho is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with most of you. If he doesn't try to get the extra yards he's soft and not trying to go the extra yard for the team. If he tries to get the extra yards and fumbles it's stupid because we have a lead? He just needs to be cognizant of the ball and making sure it's secure. I have no issue with anything he's doing. He's having fun and being very productive.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ocho is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with most of you. If he doesn't try to get the extra yards he's soft and not trying to go the extra yard for the team. If he tries to get the extra yards and fumbles it's stupid because we have a lead? He just needs to be cognizant of the ball and making sure it's secure. I have no issue with anything he's doing. He's having fun and being very productive.

Given your screen name, your response startles me.

Seriously, though. I love the fact he's pushing for extra yards. That's one of things I love about Leonard.

All I ask, though, is for Fredo to hold on to the ball. I got no beef with him digging for more. Just protect the rock.

How is it too much to ask for him to hold on to the ball?

I for one never criticized him in the past for not fighting for extra yards. I understood that he's a small WR who makes his living on quickness more than toughness, so I never made a stink when he went to the ground after a catch, or decided to avoid contact by running out of bounds.

That said, I do appreciate the effort he's been putting forth to get the extra yards... but if he is unable to hold onto the ball, I for one would prefer to see the contact shy version of Chad return.

Did anybody else catch Deion Sanders do his post game hindsight schtick on the NFL Network this weekend?

Short story even shorter...(ahem)...Sanders claims Chad's preseason boasting about being more physical, training with boxers, attempting to block on running plays, and promising to gain more yards after the catch was a heavy topic of conversation within the NFL cornerback fraternity. And according to Sanders many of those same CB's believed Chad's ball security issues could be exploited if and when he attempts to add yards after the catch.

Take it for whatever it might be worth.

You can add me to the list of, glad he is trying, but would rather see a return of the "catch and flop" Chad if he cant hold onto the rock. He has come up with quite a few big catches this year only to give the ball up after some of them. Ball security has to become more of a concern for him.

You can add me to the list of, glad he is trying, but would rather see a return of the "catch and flop" Chad if he cant hold onto the rock. He has come up with quite a few big catches this year only to give the ball up after some of them. Ball security has to become more of a concern for him.

Agreed. If we don't get bailed out by that pass interference call during Chad's first fumble, I think the game could have gone much differently. And that would have been three fumbles lost on the season for him - all against the Ravens. There are only two players that I routinely scream, "Don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble!" after they make a catch. One is Chad. The other is Coats (assuming he actually makes the catch).

Agreed. If we don't get bailed out by that pass interference call during Chad's first fumble, I think the game could have gone much differently. And that would have been three fumbles lost on the season for him - all against the Ravens. There are only two players that I routinely scream, "Don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble!" after they make a catch. One is Chad. The other is Coats (assuming he actually makes the catch).

For me, it used to be Warrick, and then after that, Perry.

When Warrick would field a punt, I could not even look.

I guess Chad is back to the dollar menu, 20k poorer today

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009/11/13/chad-fined-20000/

Sure, you knew they would fine him but that is stupid. 'he used the word bribe' in public.... call the FBI!

Chad is a ding-dong but the fine is not a deterrent and disproportional to fines for serious issues, like head-to-head hits.

10k for the wrong color chin strap, 20k for a childish $1 bribe prank... silly.

Goodell is a buffoon. What happens in the labor negotiations will tell us about the future of this league and his so called leadership.

Well, the second you saw him with any amount of money in his hand you knew what was going to happen.

Yes I did. (((snicker)))

So did Chad.

I doubt it, and that's why I said I'd laugh if he was fined. Best, the fine is far heavier than I thought it would be...which is even funnier.

He's getting his attention and some fat 70 yr old dude in Podunk, Idaho can get a knee replacement now. Everyone's a winner.

Well, it's true he'll get SOME attention from this, and for his failed mustard delivery as well. But there's the rub because the amount of attention Chad craves is limitless. So yesterday it's off to Kinkos he goes for another laminated message to post near his locker, right? Besides, it's only Friday...so he's got time for at least one more act of douchebaggery before kickoff.

All of which explains why I'm laughing at the fine. Because let's face it, a guy could buy plenty of clown shoes with 20k.

Yeah, I hope that was a major point of emphasis this week with him. In these week's "photo of the week" on NFL.com, one of the photos is Chad fighting Foxworth for the very first down of the game and the ball is barely in his hands. He's luck he didn't lose that one, too.

"Child wait till you see what I do in Pittsburgh," he said via Twitter. "Remember I set aside (a) fine fund before the season started, I'm just starting!"

Hey player, 20K is 20K, wake the f**k up. Your various offspring could probably use some clothes or a college fund or something.

"Child wait till you see what I do in Pittsburgh," he said via Twitter. "Remember I set aside (a) fine fund before the season started, I'm just starting!"

Hey player, 20K is 20K, wake the f**k up. Your various offspring could probably use some clothes or a college fund or something.

Hell, if he doesn't want it I'll take it.