Ocho at it again

gregstephens

This is just another case of Chad being Chad

And by that, of course, I mean throwing his entire team under the bus for the sake of a little extra media attention for him personally

So of course, Chad makes a good catch against the Ravens today, and then waves the ball at them so he personally can showboat....

.....and BAM.......

He loses it again

Thankfully, Baltimore fails to capitalize, FG goes wide.....but still.....bengals were driving for the put-the-game-away score, and all Chad cared about was attention for Chad

Right up there with the most selfish players every to wear the Bengal stripes.....maybe number 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just another case of Chad being Chad

And by that, of course, I mean throwing his entire team under the bus for the sake of a little extra media attention for him personally

So of course, Chad makes a good catch against the Ravens today, and then waves the ball at them so he personally can showboat....

.....and BAM.......

He loses it again

Thankfully, Baltimore fails to capitalize, FG goes wide.....but still.....bengals were driving for the put-the-game-away score, and all Chad cared about was attention for Chad

Right up there with the most selfish players every to wear the Bengal stripes.....maybe number 1

In fairness, that's not remotely what happened on that fumble. He should not have fumbled, and I was all over him for it in the game thread, but it did NOT happen because of show-boating.

so Showboating is Stiff Arming Ed Reed & trying to run for more yards? I don't know about you guys but I was standing up Cheering when he stiffed arm Ed ya he fumbled it but he was trying to make a big play like he should be...Coles Fought Ed Reed for more yards making a big play chad was just doing the same thing but backfired.

Yea i to wish he would just play the game, he wants to have a check list thats fine, but please stop sending players things.

When he initially did it, it was a complete failure, but now things seem different. I can't explain why. Defenses are paying him far more attention than he's worth and opening up routes for other WR's, and holes for the running game. I hope he sends Troy Polamalu the same distracting basket he sent the Ravens DBs.

so Showboating is Stiff Arming Ed Reed & trying to run for more yards? I don't know about you guys but I was standing up Cheering when he stiffed arm Ed ya he fumbled it but he was trying to make a big play like he should be...Coles Fought Ed Reed for more yards making a big play chad was just doing the same thing but backfired.

Oh i loved that stiff arm! Chad is a great player im not doubting that, he strives to be the best he can be and love that about him.

He was lazy with the ball the first time, not holding it tight to his body. He got lucky there was a flag on the play. To do it a second time is just plain unacceptable. Once should have got him a what da f**k a**h*** from the sidelines. He should be tarred and feathered for doing it a second time in the same frigging game. He's not doing us a favour, he's not donating his spare time, playing for free for us.

He wasn't showboating but he was unprofessional on those plays. Get your head in the game Chad. It wasn't a great play by the Db on either fumble. It was boneheaded and lazy play from a player who has been in the league for the best part of a decade. Do that s**t in the playoffs and we're one and done. Not quite as 'no biggie' then is it? This isn't HS anymore.

He wasn't showboating but he was unprofessional on those plays.

I've apologized and retracted the 'showboating' comment on another thread

But yeah, protecting the ball is FAR more important than adding a few extra yards when your team is protecting a 2 score lead late in the game. Retain the ball, move the chains, kill the clock - every truly professional player understand this.

He went for the extra yards instead of wrapping two hands and going down earlier because Chad is about Chad, not about the team.

He wasn't showboating but he was unprofessional on those plays.

I've apologized and retracted the 'showboating' comment on another thread

But yeah, protecting the ball is FAR more important than adding a few extra yards when your team is protecting a 2 score lead.

He went for the extra yards instead of wrapping two hands and going down earlier because Chad is about Chad, not about the team.

Hell, even had it had been ripped away from his tightly clutching hands I wouldn't have been mad at his extra effort. Sometimes the other guy just makes a great play. But the other guy had f**k all to do with it, on either fumble. I mean, he's so lazy the same thing happened in the first Balt game. He's all kinds of dumb. TBH, I'd fine him. Maybe that would get the message through his thick skull.

Actually, rewinding it, he did have a hand on the ball the second time. But still, very little situational awareness. Dumb and he somehow needs to be taught/learn or this could happen at the worst possible time for this team.

I'm still pist off with the fumble in the first Balt game I guess. He didn't just wave it casually about the second time today though so there's that.

Why exactly - yeah, subject change, sorta - did he have a dollar bill in his hand at all?

I mean, the only money that is supposed to be out on the field at game time is the coin the ref flips (even assuming it is a spendable coin at all)

Or is that pic just some graphics-program tomfoolery? :-)

No, that was legit, as the announcers kept talking about the dollar. I have no friggin' clue why he had a buck in his hand. Getting ready for his halftime McDonald's run?

Why exactly - yeah, subject change, sorta - did he have a dollar bill in his hand at all?

I mean, the only money that is supposed to be out on the field at game time is the coin the ref flips (even assuming it is a spendable coin at all)

Or is that pic just some graphics-program tomfoolery? :-)

I can only imagine the fine he'll get for that stunt. I realise that the nuffle is an out of touch, cranky institution at the best of times but money changing hands with officials etc - they'll fine him. I mean, they were pissed at Vick for betting on NFL games slaughtering dogs.

My wife just updated me and said she saw Fredo hand the buck to a coach after the call was overturned. Friendly wager? Shake down? Protection money? Crap, I dunno. I don't think he'll get fined because I don't think he actually did/tried to do/pretended to do anything with it. I didn't see him 'playfully' offer it to the ref, did anyone else?

My wife just updated me and said she saw Fredo hand the buck to a coach after the call was overturned. Friendly wager? Shake down? Protection money? Crap, I dunno. I don't think he'll get fined because I don't think he actually did/tried to do/pretended to do anything with it. I didn't see him 'playfully' offer it to the ref, did anyone else?

I can't remember now, my tivo is acting up. Good thing I guess, I get to erase the grating shrill, nails on chalkboard voice and opinion of f**kfaceDan "I have a beardy beard" Fouts.

My money is on him getting fined. Whatever the reason for him having the dollar, the NFL will surely find a way to say that it represents the perception that he was going to give the money to the referee. Either that or he had a bet with the coach and lost which represents gambling during a game in which money switched hands.

I think he gets fined, but I really don't care.

Chad needs to hold onto the f*cking ball. I will quickly say how much I love his willingness to make a play, but this is becoming a trend with him.

Fix it Chad. Oh yeah, good game otherwise douchebag...

My money is on him getting fined. Whatever the reason for him having the dollar, the NFL will surely find a way to say that it represents the perception that he was going to give the money to the referee. Either that or he had a bet with the coach and lost which represents gambling during a game in which money switched hands.

I think he gets fined, but I really don't care.

Chad needs to hold onto the f*cking ball. I will quickly say how much I love his willingness to make a play, but this is becoming a trend with him.

Fix it Chad. Oh yeah, good game otherwise douchebag...

Given the NFL's oftentimes overly-clinched buttocks, I've rethought my position on the fine. They may well consider that a 'prop' or something else stupid like that.

Otherwise, hold the ball Fredo, but decent game by both him and Coles. Solid efforts all the way around.

I actually like what I'm seeing from Chad. He's clearly been influenced by someone, probably Coles, as I've never seen him fight so hard for yards after catch, or try to block like this. He might try tucking that ball away, though. Two fumbles? That stuff can lose games.

As far as the dollar bill thing, Chad's obsessive attention-seeking is beyond entertaining. It's not even interesting anymore. It's just sad. From the snap to the whistle, he's doing what we want. And the team is mentally strong enough now to let him carry on his little sideshow between plays and during the week. It's not affecting the Bengals.

Yea...Fantastic catches,But I wonder how many points his bookies want him to shave off next weeks game.The second he dressed after his shower yesterday Lewis should have stuck a ball in his hands and told him that he would be fined $25,000 anytime between practices that he wasn't carrying that ball in a well protected manner.He should have to pay any Bengal player the same amount that could take that ball away from him during this week also.

I can't remember now, my tivo is acting up. Good thing I guess, I get to erase the grating shrill, nails on chalkboard voice and opinion of f**kfaceDan "I have a beardy beard" Fouts.

At the risk of further damaging my hater status on all things Chad, I've got to admit Fouts pissed me off far more than Chad managed to do. In fact, after hearing Fouts lob great gobs of undeserved praise upon the Ravens I found myself screaming at the television...."Pay attention Fout-hole, your boys are down by three scores."

As for Chad's attempted bribe, funny.....and I'll laugh even more if Goodell dings him for a couple of thousand.

At the risk of further damaging my hater status on all things Chad, I've got to admit Fouts pissed me off far more than Chad managed to do. In fact, after hearing Fouts lob great gobs of undeserved praise upon the Ravens I found myself screaming at the television...."Pay attention Fout-hole, your boys are down by three scores."

As for Chad's attempted bribe, funny.....and I'll laugh even more if Goodell dings him for a couple of thousand.

The question that hasn't been asked, much less answered thus far, is this:

Why did an assistant GIVE Fredo the buck? Was this assistant in on the joke? Did he think Fredo was stepping out for a McDouble? If he was in on the joke, does he also face some sort of smack from the team/Commish?

Just curious.