First semester report card

jjakq27

That's kind of why I don't want to give up on Jerome without giving him a chance on the field.

I don't want to give up on him either, but there's a reason he hasn't played in a game yet. He's obviously not ready. I know he was a project and they knew he was a project. What I don't understand is taking a project in the 2nd round when there are many NFL ready guys available. Like Desean Jackson....

Actually it's because he can't return Punts effectively ...If he could I'm sure he would be activated in place of Cosby...

Like marvin Said if game roster was 47 Jerome would be on it

I missed this one....who the heck is Turnip?

3036774914_837c550edf.jpg

Quarterback A Yes he's given the Defense Points but Leadership & His 4th quarter drives are HUGE and on top huge game vs Chicago hopefully Offense is here to stay

Running Backs A+Cedric Has led the NFL week's 5 & 8....Where you look at how we acquired all 3 starting running backs how could you do anything but A+? Cedric Benson:Cast away from Chicago was unemployed for months awesome work horse ...B Scott 5th rnd troubled youth has turned his life around looks be a great change of pace...Brian Leonard acquired for nothing via trade has been awesome pass receiving back & Blockier ...

Wide Receivers:A-/B+This you gotta look beyond stats for being inept offense I still think they've done good job...Coles may not have numbers but he has still been huge part success with his effort....Caldwell & Henry are both great 3#'s Cosby earns his keep returning punts and well Simpson is getting flak it doesn't matter who the 6th WR is if they don't return or aren't a awesome gunner their not activated on game day...

Offensive Line B+A Not only has their play been great but what did it cost us? a 2nd round pick...Evan Mathis & Bobbie Williams 3rd rounder by other teams & 2 undrafted players in Cook & Rolland have been huge Help in our success...

Tight ends D+Injury's hit us hard and Coats hands are Horrible,But I do find myself looking forward to seeing Foschi start

Defensive line B Has been great though Pass rush could be better IMO

Linebackers B Studs all around Dhani is losing speed but is still a Savvy vet...Good depth too

Secondary B I know other people will rate them low but outside of few big plays given up here and being torched by Houston They've played great...Most of time after giving up a pass the D would lock down offense Nullifying it.

Special teams C+ Thank God Louis is gone...

Harris A+ not one faulty snap

Huber A+ & Jamey Dukes gave us crap!

Graham C+ Kickoffs have been abit weak Fieldgoals hasn't been given real chances..

Coverage:C+ [Given up some but most time seem to do a good job

Coaching:B+ Overall they've all done a great job...Glad to see Marvin listens to his players ^_^

Right. We have a good receivers. If he isn't a ST guy then tough. We're not the Tits for chrissake! No need to throw any healthy adult in there in the desperate hope that they can play WR.

Yup Let the guy Develop,At the time we needed WR's because Ocho was Psycho...But now he's right in the mind & People are freaking out at the pick but really it's luxury pick he get's to develop and hopefully a chance to play by his 4th year hehehe...

A

Coaching/Front office

Running back

Interior offensive line

Corners

Punter

- Marvin, Mikey, and company have done a great job. Players were pulled from the scrap heap and molded into a division leading team.

- Benson has been unbelievable, obviously. Scott and Leonard have both made noteworthy contributions too, including a game winning play from Leonard against our biggest division rival. Jeremi Johnson has been having a career year.

- Mathis, Cook, and Williams have all been fantastic. The running game has been effective on the interior on both sides, and Cook has played well enough for Pro Bowl consideration.

- The pass defense has been sketchy, but I don't blame Hall or Joseph. They've done everything they could ever be asked to do despite an inconsistent pass rush and very little safety help.

- Huber is money. I can only recall off hand a single punt that went at all awry, and that was just a directional punt that went out around the 25.

B

Quarterback

Offensive tackle

Wide Receivers

Defensive line

Kickoff coverage

Linebackers

- Carson started slowly, but engineered late wins four times in the first five games (ignoring the Stokely fluke). The inevitable statistical explosion has happened now too.

- Whitworth, Roland, and Collins have played admirably, save for some costly penalties.

- Chad's production is back to normal. Coles has been our best blocking receiver since I don't know when (though he's had some drops). Caldwell's doing well, though I think he's been a little overrated by Bengals fans thus far. Henry has filled his role as expected.

- The defensive line has been solid across the board. Odom was awesome prior to his injury. Peko, Tank, and Sims have all been consistent. Geathers has been involved often despite little statistical production. Overall the pass rush has stalled a bit though, even before Odom was lost.

- I don't recall any big plays given up on kickoffs (Cribbs maybe? I know he gashed us on a punt or three).

- The linebackers are playing well. They've been tackling as well as I've ever seen from Bengals linebackers, and have been incredibly disciplined considering their youth. Props to Dhani for keeping them straight. The exception was against Houston when they were repeatedly gashed by screen passes.

C

Safety

Punt coverage

Kicker

Tight End

- I love the physicality of Crocker and Roy, and Ndukwe provides valuable depth. They've been a liability in pass coverage though.

- We've given up some big plays on punt returns, primarily against but not limited to Cribbs.

- Graham's had a rough go this year mostly because of St. Louis. His kickoffs have been a bit weak though.

- As bad as the tight ends have been catching the ball, they've been equally impressive blocking for Cedric. Average grade.

D

Paul Brown Stadium

:P