Bengals vs Seahawks

w8th

Two things here

1st TJ is on thier home page as the face of the team?

2nd Seems to me that if I were running a business, I would want to hire the least amount of people as possible to get the jobs done. Bloated staffs do not win football games or sell tickets. Just like Big Government does not work, it looks as if the Seahawks have proven that Big Staffs arent a sure thing either.

Although, I have been told by some women that a big staff will go a long way toward happiness.

2nd Seems to me that if I were running a business, I would want to hire the least amount of people as possible to get the jobs done. Bloated staffs do not win football games or sell tickets. Just like Big Government does not work, it looks as if the Seahawks have proven that Big Staffs arent a sure thing either.

Clearly there's a sweet spot. You don't want to hire 25,000 scouts. But at the same time, it's kind of not arguable that the Bengals' way of doing things hasn't brought long-term success.

That said, since we're 5-2, let's not dwell on the negative. Our blind squirrel GM found his nuts. Let him enjoy them.

Clearly there's a sweet spot. You don't want to hire 25,000 scouts. But at the same time, it's kind of not arguable that the Bengals' way of doing things hasn't brought long-term success.

That said, since we're 5-2, let's not dwell on the negative. Our blind squirrel GM found his nuts. Let him enjoy them.

Boy, it would suck to have to wait so long to find your nuts in 2005, only to lose them again for another 4 years. I'm beginning to feel sorry for SOP.

The smell of the coaching staff covers this yr's draft. No huge reaches on project players, key areas of need addressed. The opposite of most of our drafts.

Good call Pidge.

Compare this: http://www.bengals.com/team/staff-directory.html

to this: http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff/index.html

I knew the Bengals had a very small scouting department but I didn't realize how light they were on the business side of the team.

Well, in all that I counted 8 scouts for the Seahawks versus three for the Bengals. It's not a huge difference considering the coaches spend a lot of time scouting, too.

I have no problems with the personnel department in recent years. They have been doing a great job both in the draft and picking up free agents and castoffs from other teams who have been big time contributors.

Maybe at one point in the past you could criticize the bengals for this, but since they expanded their scouting a few years back, they've done well. The biggest problem recently has been injuries, not scouting.

I have no problems with the personnel department in recent years.

Heretic.

Let's hold him underwater for 10 minutes. Although it is tough to fault a personnel department that picks guys off the street, then uses them not for depth but for starters, and not just starters but as the cornerstone players to turn a franchise around.

Come to think of it, not only do I have no problem with the personnel department recently, it is apparent that they have done an exceptional job.