Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

Furthermore, it isn't just my act, as I'm hardly alone on an island on this one.

True. There's at least you and greg. And possibly TJ. Which, by my count, leaves room for the millionaire, and his wife, the Professor and Mary Anne...enjoy!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, it isn't just my act, as I'm hardly alone on an island on this one.

True. There's at least you and greg. And possibly TJ. Which, by my count, leaves room for the millionaire, and his wife, the Professor and Mary Anne...enjoy!

Alright, which one of you two clowns is 'Ginger', because it ain't me!

Well, there's also me... and pretty much every Bengal fan I know out in the real world.

I've given him a break since it was his effort that allowed us to see the Texans game locally. But if I'm to go on the record, I still don't like him. He's a me-monster, and I'm sick of the media rewarding it. My opinion of him might not count for much... but I still often wish he was a Redskin.

But like I said, I haven't been as vocal about my dislike of him... simply because he did do something that directly benefited me. That said, I don't see why I should all of the sudden forgive, respect, or like him.

He is who he is... and it's not going to change. And if I have my way, he'll be playing elsewhere before his next tank job. And yes... I do beleve he'd be willing to do it again. Especially if the team isn't playing well the next time he thinks he deserves to get paid.

Well, there's also me... and pretty much every Bengal fan I know out in the real world.

I've given him a break since it was his effort that allowed us to see the Texans game locally. But if I'm to go on the record, I still don't like him. He's a me-monster, and I'm sick of the media rewarding it. My opinion of him might not count for much... but I still often wish he was a Redskin.

But like I said, I haven't been as vocal about my dislike of him... simply because he did do something that directly benefited me. That said, I don't see why I should all of the sudden forgive, respect, or like him.

He is who he is... and it's not going to change. And if I have my way, he'll be playing elsewhere before his next tank job. And yes... I do beleve he'd be willing to do it again. Especially if the team isn't playing well the next time he thinks he deserves to get paid.

I then nominate you the 'Professor'. Welcome to 'Hater' Island.

I'm with Derek, Hair, and Greg on this one, too. I don't think I can ever forgive or forget what he put this team and it's fans through last year. However, I will root for him only because he's a Bengal. Anything he does well on the field benefits this team and I'm all about that.

Also, as with Derek, most fans I know in the real world can't really stand him either.

I've given him a break since it was his effort that allowed us to see the Texans game locally. But if I'm to go on the record,

Well, stop right there. This isn't about whether you like or don't like Chad. Few people do. It's about whether you whine about him incessantly. The very act of having to go on record disqualifies you.

Man...10 catches, 118 yards, 2 TDs and it's still bitchbitchbitch. :thumbsdown:

I was gonna quote his stats. 11 targets. 10 receptions 2 TD's. 118 yards.

Benson had a good game too but the Bears revenge stuff is weak. Good for Benson. Lets focus on the Bengals though.

The focus should be on the team. And quite frankly, Chad has been all about team this year. And people that rip on him doing all this tweeting, ustream, tv shows (ESPN all Thursday), CBS Pregame- Dont hate.

These are things he does in his free time. He doesnt drink. Rarely goes out, and when he does, he invites fans to where he is going.

I hope the rest of the team gets cab rides and is smart about their time off.

Best season ever so far.

You lost me here at the boldface. I think everyone on here, including me, Hair and AB, have been quite clear that we are happy to have his productivity back.

I don't personally have to accept his apologies for past transgressions, and I'll feel about him however I wish on a personal level. Why must every person that disagrees with his personal antics be dubbed 'a hater'? If we were on here wishing him failure even at the expense of the team, that would be different.

That said, you won't find me or probably Hair and AB at Fredo's butt attending the 'kiss Fredo's baby' meeting with some of you, but we still love the yards and the td's and it's all good.

I said in my post that Chad pissed me off. I had to listen to him on Sirius all summer being an idiot.

I despised him at that point. I wanted him to sit and never play again.

But now, you dont HAVE to pay any attention to him off the field. Twitter, Ustream, ESPN, CBS, book signings, etc all have an off switch. Hes not even really doing any touchdown celebrations.

Im dont follow Chad. I dont tweet. (I may be misinformed but actually isnt 'kiss the baby' a sexual term?) I thought it was.

But those of you who dislike him jump for joy when he catches a touchdown for you.

But Benson is an ok guy? Henry? Hall? Rucker?

Hell we just cheered for a RB that was let go from the Bears after two arrests and no appreciation for what he has. Hes been forgiven. But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

fwiw - I love all these guys - They are my football team. Even if Henry is a douche. Even if Chad needs attention and without that attention he withers and dies. Once yo uare off my team, well....see TJ.

Ok, so if 'kiss the baby' is a sexual term, still applies for some on here.

I don't know if Ced, or Rucker or if any of these guys are 'good' guys, or whatever. I know of the current roster, Fredo's the only one that trashed his team in public, wanted to leave and admitted to tanking a whole season to the end.

So, in sum, good playing Ocho. No more dropsies, a little more 'effort' at 'blocking', seeing the endzone more. Props to him.

Not gonna like him as a person. Don't gotta. Don't care which personality he's showing at any given moment. Like the title says, he's still our douche, so I wish him the best on the field.

Greg forget about it man... We all know the chip you have on your shoulder for Chad is because he turned you and your son down for an autograph. He can't sign for everyone, you missed out. Forget about it and move on... If you want his autograph come hang out with us at the book store Saturday! No disrespect but I have a feeling you don't like Chad because of this one sticking point.

Chad's the ultimate team player. Yeah last season was a mess, but you can't blame Chad. Half the players out there would've done the same. Without Palmer, there is no Chad.

I've given him a break since it was his effort that allowed us to see the Texans game locally. But if I'm to go on the record,

Well, stop right there. This isn't about whether you like or don't like Chad. Few people do. It's about whether you whine about him incessantly. The very act of having to go on record disqualifies you.

Whoa whoa whoa here. So, you basically just decide to throw me and Hair and TJ under the bus, but let everyone else off with a pass because why? As I said earlier, I don't think anyone on here, including Hair, has been bashing Fredo's play or doing anything but supporting the guy's physical contributions to the team.

I haven't been incessantly whining about Fredo. I don't really think Hair or TJ or anyone else has. It's when these stupid 'Chad' threads are started where certain people (read you and Greenie) start trumpeting that he's a great guy and it's great to 'have him back' that these discussions get to rocking.

I've given Fredo his props for his playing ability. I've even helped him plug his book signing (albeit with a satirical twist). So, Derek is off the hook and isn't a 'hater', but I'm cast in the remake of 'Gilligan's Island', playing Little Buddy to HoF's Skipper?

Un-freaking-believable.

Chad's always been about the team.

Oh yeah, always

What a wonderful season he put in for the team last year.

You know, last year, as in "one of the years included when one uses the word 'always'"

He is all about the team when he does all that great blocking for other players, too

He is always about the team when he draws penalties for excessive celebrations

He is always about the team when he wears faux Hall of Fame jackets.

He's such a TEAM guy.

Always.

ALWAYS.

I'm with Derek, Hair, and Greg on this one, too. I don't think I can ever forgive or forget what he put this team and it's fans through last year. However, I will root for him only because he's a Bengal. Anything he does well on the field benefits this team and I'm all about that.

Also, as with Derek, most fans I know in the real world can't really stand him either.

It's what you put yourself through, Chad didn't put you through anything.. He was unhappy. He wanted to win. He said some things. He wanted out if the front office didn't make any changes.

If anything, Chad was the best thing that happened to this team after last season!! Think about that...

Man...10 catches, 118 yards, 2 TDs and it's still bitchbitchbitch. :thumbsdown:

I was gonna quote his stats. 11 targets. 10 receptions 2 TD's. 118 yards.

Benson had a good game too but the Bears revenge stuff is weak. Good for Benson. Lets focus on the Bengals though.

The focus should be on the team. And quite frankly, Chad has been all about team this year. And people that rip on him doing all this tweeting, ustream, tv shows (ESPN all Thursday), CBS Pregame- Dont hate.

These are things he does in his free time. He doesnt drink. Rarely goes out, and when he does, he invites fans to where he is going.

I hope the rest of the team gets cab rides and is smart about their time off.

Best season ever so far.

You lost me here at the boldface. I think everyone on here, including me, Hair and AB, have been quite clear that we are happy to have his productivity back.

I don't personally have to accept his apologies for past transgressions, and I'll feel about him however I wish on a personal level. Why must every person that disagrees with his personal antics be dubbed 'a hater'? If we were on here wishing him failure even at the expense of the team, that would be different.

That said, you won't find me or probably Hair and AB at Fredo's butt attending the 'kiss Fredo's baby' meeting with some of you, but we still love the yards and the td's and it's all good.

I said in my post that Chad pissed me off. I had to listen to him on Sirius all summer being an idiot.

I despised him at that point. I wanted him to sit and never play again.

But now, you dont HAVE to pay any attention to him off the field. Twitter, Ustream, ESPN, CBS, book signings, etc all have an off switch. Hes not even really doing any touchdown celebrations.

Im dont follow Chad. I dont tweet. (I may be misinformed but actually isnt 'kiss the baby' a sexual term?) I thought it was.

But those of you who dislike him jump for joy when he catches a touchdown for you.

But Benson is an ok guy? Henry? Hall? Rucker?

Hell we just cheered for a RB that was let go from the Bears after two arrests and no appreciation for what he has. Hes been forgiven. But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

fwiw - I love all these guys - They are my football team. Even if Henry is a douche. Even if Chad needs attention and without that attention he withers and dies. Once yo uare off my team, well....see TJ.

Ok, so if 'kiss the baby' is a sexual term, still applies for some on here.

I don't know if Ced, or Rucker or if any of these guys are 'good' guys, or whatever. I know of the current roster, Fredo's the only one that trashed his team in public, wanted to leave and admitted to tanking a whole season to the end.

So, in sum, good playing Ocho. No more dropsies, a little more 'effort' at 'blocking', seeing the endzone more. Props to him.

Not gonna like him as a person. Don't gotta. Don't care which personality he's showing at any given moment. Like the title says, he's still our douche, so I wish him the best on the field.

Greg forget about it man... We all know the chip you have on your shoulder for Chad is because he turned you and your son down for an autograph. He can't sign for everyone, you missed out. Forget about it and move on... If you want his autograph come hang out with us at the book store Saturday! No disrespect but I have a feeling you don't like Chad because of this one sticking point.

Chad's the ultimate team player. Yeah last season was a mess, but you can't blame Chad. Half the players out there would've done the same. Without Palmer, there is no Chad.

Annnnd here we go with round two. First, either your memory is short or you just like to lie, because you and I have had this discussion before, probably about this same time last year. For starters, I've went on record as denying this piece of trash little rumor you've started before. I have no clue where you come up with this about Fredo turning my son down for an autograph, as I've explicitly detailed on this very board that not only has Fredo never turned my son down for an autograph, but he actually did a nice thing for my son in signing something for him. I've propped Fredo for that. I've accused him of a lot of things but being a jerk to kids isn't on that list.

And as I've also mentioned before when you and I went around and around on this before, DO...NOT...BRING...MY...KIDS...INTO...THIS.

So, since you've decided to pick at scabs, and not accept my statements that I root for him as a Bengal, even though I don't have to like him as a person, because for some reason it is very important for guys like you that guys like me 'like' the guy, here you go:

-He imploded his team at halftime during the biggest game in the past eleven years of the team.

-He embarrassed his quarterback repeatedly by berating him on the sidelines of numerous televised football games.

-He has a history of running the wrong routes or not running them to completion.

-Brett Favre blocks better than he 'does'.

-He's a self-absorbed narcissist.

-He cares more about showboating than playing the game.

-He showed up his coach.

-He called out his team and denigrated it publicly to try to get traded.

-He admittedly tanked an entire season because he got his feelings hurt.

Yeah, I don't like the guy because of a bogus 'autograph' story you keep concocting.

I actually like you, greenie, but sometimes you just don't get it.

It's what you put yourself through, Chad didn't put you through anything.. He was unhappy. He wanted to win. He said some things. He wanted out if the front office didn't make any changes.

If anything, Chad was the best thing that happened to this team after last season!! Think about that...

You've said some really dumb things on here but that one's near the top. How on Earth are going to tell me that I put myself through anything? I didn't put myself through what he did last year. He did it. It's all on him. You trying to tell me it's my fault that he did what he did is one of the dumbest things you've ever said.

There was no way to get around it. It was on every channel, every newspaper, and every blog. There was no way to escape it or not know about it.

Don't tell me I did anything to myself, because I didn't. If I could've avoiding hearing all that s**t, I would have. But HE'S the one took every opportunity to go on ESPN or any other outlet that would let him talk to say that this team sucked and he wanted out. How you continue to defend that is beyond me.

As far as Chad being the best thing that happened to the Bengals this season....another ridiculously stupid claim. I'll list off a bunch of things that happened to this team that are much better:

Cedric Benson

Kyle Cook

Ethan Mathis

Dennis Roland

Andre Caldwell

Tank Johnson

Roy Williams

Marvin finally making this a physical team.

Mike Zimmer

Antwan Odom

Don't delude yourself into thinking this team wouldn't be where it is without Chad. He hasn't really done anything this year that none of our other receivers couldn't do.

My bad, I'm an ass.. Sorry bro.

Feel free to delete if you'd like.

No need to delete. Like I said, I like you. These little exchanges don't change that. What else are we going to do during a bye week?

:D

But seriously, you all know the problems this franchise has had since '05. Imagine being in Chad's shoes. He's a passionate player..

Maybe you missed the previous post but think about what good has come out of Chad's calling out of the head office...

Whoa whoa whoa here. So, you basically just decide to throw me and Hair and TJ under the bus, but let everyone else off with a pass because why?

I dunno, why don't we go back and look at the first page of this thread? It took, what, four whole posts -- NONE of which praise Chad at all -- for Hair and you to arrive in full (as Army might put it) "f**k Chad" mode.

I haven't been incessantly whining about Fredo.

No, no, no, not at all. You only gave the guy an insulting nickname and use it at every opportunity...

I don't really think Hair or TJ or anyone else has. It's when these stupid 'Chad' threads are started where certain people (read you and Greenie) start trumpeting that he's a great guy and it's great to 'have him back' that these discussions get to rocking.

Who ever said he was a great guy? I'm still searching for the person who called him a "saint," as you claimed earlier. How the hell was this ever some kind of pro-Chad thread? I mean, doesn't it call him a douchebag in the title?

My bad, I'm an ass.. Sorry bro.

Feel free to delete if you'd like.

No need to delete. Like I said, I like you. These little exchanges don't change that. What else are we going to do during a bye week?

:D

But seriously, you all know the problems this franchise has had since '05. Imagine being in Chad's shoes. He's a passionate player..

Maybe you missed the previous post but think about what good has come out of Chad's calling out of the head office...

Among all the problems this franchise has had since 2005 he's been the biggest one...except for this year.

Also, I seriously doubt that his little tantrum from last year had any effect on what the FO decided to do this year.

You've said some really dumb things on here but that one's near the top. How on Earth are going to tell me that I put myself through anything? I didn't put myself through what he did last year. He did it. It's all on him. You trying to tell me it's my fault that he did what he did is one of the dumbest things you've ever said.

There was no way to get around it. It was on every channel, every newspaper, and every blog. There was no way to escape it or not know about it.

Don't tell me I did anything to myself, because I didn't. If I could've avoiding hearing all that s**t, I would have. But HE'S the one took every opportunity to go on ESPN or any other outlet that would let him talk to say that this team sucked and he wanted out. How you continue to defend that is beyond me.

As far as Chad being the best thing that happened to the Bengals this season....another ridiculously stupid claim. I'll list off a bunch of things that happened to this team that are much better:

Cedric Benson

Kyle Cook

Ethan Mathis

Dennis Roland

Andre Caldwell

Tank Johnson

Roy Williams

Marvin finally making this a physical team.

Mike Zimmer

Antwan Odom

Don't delude yourself into thinking this team wouldn't be where it is without Chad. He hasn't really done anything this year that none of our other receivers couldn't do.

Let me lay it out for you... I wish we had voice chats on here.

For me, the season was over after Palmer went out. Chad blew up. He gave up. How many other players would after the series of events unfolded after going to the playoffs 3 years earlier. Instead of building on that '05 playoff run, we regressed and got worse. Chad had enough. Just like Pickens. Just like Spikes. Just like Dillon. We've seen this cycle repeat itself not once or twice but three times.

Who's fault is that? Chad's? Or, the ownership.

What Chad did at the end of the season was understandable. He's only human.

He wanted out. Mike Brown said "NO." For me, it was over then. I knew Chad would still be in stripes. I knew he would show up sooner or later. But for most of you, "Chad" put you through a lot of anger.

Look at that big picture, not just little bits and pieces of Chads character.

What did Chad exactly say when he went on ESPN? Did he say he hated the Bengals. Did he say that it would hurt him to leave the Bengals?

He said that this team (including the ownership) wasn't doing enough to be winners.

That's what I remember.

Look what happened. We brought some new guys in and had one of the best drafts, if not the best, this club has ever had. I'm not saying Chad deserves credit for the changes we've seen but I definitely believe that Mike Brown and the front office heard his message...

You said it.

Tank Johnson

Roy Williams

Does Mike Brown spend that money without being called out?

And you say I'm stupid... Chad is THE best WR on this team. Not too many recievers in the league can do some of the things he does let alone the WR's on our team. Our WR's are great. But Chad is top 3.

Whoa whoa whoa here. So, you basically just decide to throw me and Hair and TJ under the bus, but let everyone else off with a pass because why?

I dunno, why don't we go back and look at the first page of this thread? It took, what, four whole posts -- NONE of which praise Chad at all -- for Hair and you to arrive in full (as Army might put it) "f**k Chad" mode.

I haven't been incessantly whining about Fredo.

No, no, no, not at all. You only gave the guy an insulting nickname and use it at every opportunity...

I don't really think Hair or TJ or anyone else has. It's when these stupid 'Chad' threads are started where certain people (read you and Greenie) start trumpeting that he's a great guy and it's great to 'have him back' that these discussions get to rocking.

Who ever said he was a great guy? I'm still searching for the person who called him a "saint," as you claimed earlier. How the hell was this ever some kind of pro-Chad thread? I mean, doesn't it call him a douchebag in the title?

I think you're the one that needs to recheck the record. My first post on here was in response to Hair's statement that Fredo shouldn't be the face of the franchise, with which I agree and feel I should be entitled to agree. I didn't then bash Fredo in that post. I lifted up Palmer and pointed out that this week's media attention should have all went to Benson for his performance.

In fact, none of my posts, until today, was in full blown f*** Chad mode. I was the one that consistently said that as long as he is catching balls and doing his job, I don't have to like him, but I've laid off him. And curiously enough, you reference AB, as he's the originator of that little phrase and he's not even on your little island you'd like to apparently banish us to?

In terms of my nickname for him, yes, I call him Fredo. I have said since last season that that is how I see him on a personal level and that is how I refer to him. Although, if you check through other threads, I have also given him props after a good game and referred to him as Ocho.

And so it so irks you that I use that nickname, even though on it's face it's not 'insulting' at all (as opposed to many of the other names he's been called on here by others in the past) that we still have to have this discussion?

And you haven't found the person that's called him a saint??? Do you even read greenie's posts? Do you even realize how some of your own come across? Maybe no one's used the word 'saint', but come on. Is there a little glimpse of reality poking it's head through here?

the season was over after Palmer went out. Chad blew up. He gave up.

Stop right there. He gave up long before Palmer got hurt. He gave up as soon as the 2007 season was over. He didn't work out last year. He didn't come to voluntaries. He also waited until the start of training camp to get his ankle scoped when the team asked him to do it right after the 2007 season was over. This is all by his own admission.

How many other players would after the series of events unfolded after going to the playoffs 3 years earlier.

All of them except for him apparently. Do you remember how hard this team was playing last year for the second half of the season? Even with Fitzpatrick running this team everyone on it was busting their asses to get a win. You know why? Cause that's what a professional and a team player would do. Chad is neither. He seems to have turned it around this year though, which is why I haven't said anything about him.

What Chad did at the end of the season was understandable. He's only human.

Being frustrated is understandable, but doing what he did is not.

That's what I remember.

Perhaps you've heard of this neat little tool called google? Use it to search for the things he said last year. It would take me all day to find all that s**t just to prove it to the one guy who chooses not to remember it.

Holy s**t, this is going to be a long 2 weeks....

I know right... I don't get it. This is a top 3 WR on OUR team. Having 85 on our team makes us better. He's having a Pro Bowl start to a season and they still wanna bitch. I really don't understand.

Not to get involved in the whole Chad thing, don't really care either way, but, I do think you are missing the point. Your post seems to imply people are bitching about his on-field performances. That isn't happening.

I know right... I don't get it. This is a top 3 WR on OUR team. Having 85 on our team makes us better. He's having a Pro Bowl start to a season and they still wanna bitch. I really don't understand.

I'm not bitching, but I'm not going to sit by while you say the way he acted last year was acceptable. It wasn't.

Not to get involved in the whole Chad thing, don't really care either way, but, I do think you are missing the point. Your post seems to imply people are bitching about his on-field performances. That isn't happening.

Exactly.

This has broken down, once again, to who likes Chad the character as opposed to Chad the player.

I see Hair's point in all this. Chad's playing well again, so he's off to the races in terms of the media. That is Chad, and one of the things some of us can do without. Not one single person, including Hair, has criticized Fredo's play this year.

But those of us that choose to not like Chad's persona, whether it's real or just a show, are 'haters' and 'whiners' and playing Gilligan in dinner theater apparently.