Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

The complaints are just getting a bit tired. He's not changing anytime soon, and I don't quite understand why people want to keep harping on it when life in Bengaldom is so good right now...Chad included.

Fair enough. Now flip it around and ask yourself why I should have to defend myself from criticism by other Bengal fans simply because I won't forgive a guy for deliberatly tanking a full season.

What exactly are fans like me doing wrong? What transgression have we committed?

Other than annoying me to no end by sounding like a broken record? Not much.

And to be clear, I'm not exactly giving Chad "love". To be more accurate, I'm withholding criticism. I'll gladly tolerate all of his loud talk as long as it does no harm and he continues to back it up on the field. If he decides, at some point, to fall back into the Chad of old, then I'll lead the charge right next to you...torches and all.

To be fair, however, that 'broken record' does have a 'B' side, you know? It's equally annoying to hear some folks act like Fredo has done absolutely nothing wrong in the past because he all of a sudden 'found his smile' again.

And to be clear, at least as far as I myself go, I'm not tolerating as much as ignoring all of his loud talk. If he is performing, great. Go perform. I'm not giving him a pass on the past, but I'm also not complaining a whole lot, except when threads like this are started and some posters resume the 'Saint Fredo' mantras. If someone goes the 'Ain't it great to have Fredo back?' route, you have to expect these responses will follow. Otherwise, I have no need to opine on the topic.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are fans like me doing wrong? What transgression have we committed?

Oh, you poor baby. How tough it must be for you. After all, I'm not doing my broken record imitation without plenty of help from Chad, who you've already forgiven....despite your oft stated reluctance. So having grasped the only option still available you quickly begin whining about other fans who aren't quite as forgiving as you.

And to be clear, I'm not exactly giving Chad "love". To be more accurate, I'm withholding criticism.

To be more accurate, you're not withholding criticism at all. Rather, you're simply directing that criticism at targets that don't deserve it. For example, at Bengal fans who quite rightly refuse to forgive Chad for tanking a season....an act many fans might describe as unforgivable, ehh?

If he decides, at some point, to fall back into the Chad of old, then I'll lead the charge right next to you...torches and all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but guys who show up late for battle very rarely get to lead the charge.

Hobson updates the places where Chad's minstrel act can be seen later this week. So if you're not a hater, enjoy!

If you think you've seen plenty of The Ocho, just wait.

Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocincohttp://www.bengals.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif spends all day Thursday at ESPN before taping Late Show with David Letterman for his Thursday night appearance.

While the Bengals went through a light practice Tuesday, Ocho's second book opened in stores, What Life and Football Have Thrown My Way, a day after the heavy ad campaign began for his iPhone application.

At 7:30 a.m. Thursday, he'll be on ESPN's First Take and ESPN2's First Take at 10 a.m. In between at 9:15 a.m. he'll do ESPN radio and ESPNU on The Herd with Colin Cowherd on a tape that will be heard later. He'll then tape bits for NFL Live and SportsCenter.

/>http://www.bengals.c...e3-e22b86b1e34c

Who should be the public face of this franchise? Please I'd like to hear your opinion.

In all seriousness, there is one guy I would love to see be the face of this franchise. He's the embodiment of everything that has gone right with the new attitude, the power play of the offense, and the revamped o-line. He looks the part of smashmouth football as well and knows how to talk it up.

Kyle Cook

I honestly think Kyle Cook is a younger version of Rich Braham whose importance to this team cannot be understated. Of all the reasons this team couldn't come close to repeating 2005, the loss of Rich Braham is the biggest. Kyle Cook looks to be Rich Braham without the miles on him. To hear him talk on local shows, you can see why the players rave about his ability to call protections and read the defense.

Hobson updates the places where Chad's minstrel act can be seen later this week. So if you're not a hater, enjoy!

Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocincohttp://www.bengals.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif spends all day Thursday at ESPN before taping Late Show with David Letterman for his Thursday night appearance.

While the Bengals went through a light practice Tuesday, Ocho's second book opened in stores, What Life and Football Have Thrown My Way, a day after the heavy ad campaign began for his iPhone application.

At 7:30 a.m. Thursday, he'll be on ESPN's First Take and ESPN2's First Take at 10 a.m. In between at 9:15 a.m. he'll do ESPN radio and ESPNU on The Herd with Colin Cowherd on a tape that will be heard later. He'll then tape bits for NFL Live and SportsCenter.

Don't the Bengals have a practice on Thursday? I think we should watch very carefully and make sure Chad doesn't bag out on any practices while doing his media swing.

Don't the Bengals have a practice on Thursday? I think we should watch very carefully and make sure Chad doesn't bag out on any practices while doing his media swing.

IIRC, they practice today and tommorrow then they're off until Monday.

Make it stop.

Seriously, if ESPN is going to allow him in the building, they'd better guard the Sportscenter set. If Chad sees a working camera he's likely to run in front of it and start clowning.

I marvel at his insatiable desire for attention. And how serendiptous that his disorder meshes so well with ESPN's need to fill about 168 hours a week of radio and 168 hours a week of tv with something, anything, that viewers might find interesting or unusual. Chad falls in the latter category.

Make it stop.

Seriously, if ESPN is going to allow him in the building, they'd better guard the Sportscenter set. If Chad sees a working camera he's likely to run in front of it and start clowning.

I marvel at his insatiable desire for attention. And how serendiptous that his disorder meshes so well with ESPN's need to fill about 168 hours a week of radio and 168 hours a week of tv with something, anything, that viewers might find interesting or unusual. Chad falls in the latter category.

This is what you do when you are pushing a book. next you'll act surprised they planned to release his book during the football season. god forbid.

This is also what PR folks get paid good money to provide: booking a client anywhere and everywhere. saturation.

I see nothing wrong with this kind of parade. If folks don't like it, simply look away.

I will check to watch Chad and Bayless. Mostly so I can see Bayless flounder.../dick/.

but actually isnt 'kiss the baby' a sexual term?

It is for me.

/Cruises slowly and creepily past daycare center. Notices the cops have Pidge handcuffed in the parking lot, accelerates and drives away/

See, there you go. It COULDN'T have been Pidge. If you check the 'Ocho autographs autobiography' thread, you'll note donkeys and midgets are his speed.

It is for me.

/Cruises slowly and creepily past daycare center. Notices the cops have Pidge handcuffed in the parking lot, accelerates and drives away/

See, there you go. It COULDN'T have been Pidge. If you check the 'Ocho autographs autobiography' thread, you'll note donkeys and midgets are his speed.

I always got consent.

Oh, you poor baby. How tough it must be for you. After all, I'm not doing my broken record imitation without plenty of help from Chad, who you've already forgiven....despite your oft stated reluctance. So having grasped the only option still available you quickly begin whining about other fans who aren't quite as forgiving as you.

It is ironic, isn't it, that I'm whining about other fans that are whining? And you're right...it's a mistake on my part. After all, if we can't expect Chad to change his act, then we certainly can't expect you to change yours. Point taken.

And to be clear, I'm not exactly giving Chad "love". To be more accurate, I'm withholding criticism.

To be more accurate, you're not withholding criticism at all. Rather, you're simply directing that criticism at targets that don't deserve it. For example, at Bengal fans who quite rightly refuse to forgive Chad for tanking a season....an act many fans might describe as unforgivable, ehh?

Again, you're right. From this point forward I vow never to forgive again! Holding a grudge is much more fun...and obviously, in your opinion, the right thing to do. My apologies for forgetting that you are above criticism. I must have left my Hair handbook at home today.

If he decides, at some point, to fall back into the Chad of old, then I'll lead the charge right next to you...torches and all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but guys who show up late for battle very rarely get to lead the charge.

If a battle is imaginary, can one show up for it at all? Or, if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

*shrug*

That's why I majored in math.

It is ironic, isn't it, that I'm whining about other fans that are whining? And you're right...it's a mistake on my part. After all, if we can't expect Chad to change his act, then we certainly can't expect you to change yours. Point taken.

Again, you're right. From this point forward I vow never to forgive again! Holding a grudge is much more fun...and obviously, in your opinion, the right thing to do. My apologies for forgetting that you are above criticism. I must have left my Hair handbook at home today.

If a battle is imaginary, can one show up for it at all? Or, if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

*shrug*

I think therefore I'm Pi??

(Wait, I think I spliced majors, didn't I?)

Who should be the public face of this franchise? Please I'd like to hear your opinion.

Pick somebody.

Frankly, there are 52 other Bengals on this teams active roster, yet the only guy I constantly see being interviewed after every big win is the same guy who admits to deliberately tanking an entire season.

...and thats what the media should be asking him about, and what he should be answering for.

Im pissed at Chad for what he did, but he didnt single handedly ruin last year.

Really?

So how exactly is this a defense of Chad? Or a justification for not being mad at Chad?

He (like the rest of us) can only be held accountable for his own actions

His own actions were a DISGRACE to the profession and should ensure his bust only enters the hall of fame if he carries one in with him in a bowling bag.

Were other players a disgrace too? Hell yeah, absolutely. Ghiaciuc leaps to mind. However, we don't have other such players being proclaimed as the second coming day in and day out over and over and over and over again by certain intelligence-challenged posters here.

It is for me.

Little midget kids need daycare too. It was Pidge.

Chad's always been about the team.

Oh yeah, always

What a wonderful season he put in for the team last year.

You know, last year, as in "one of the years included when one uses the word 'always'"

He is all about the team when he does all that great blocking for other players, too

He is always about the team when he draws penalties for excessive celebrations

He is always about the team when he wears faux Hall of Fame jackets.

He's such a TEAM guy.

Always.

In all seriousness, there is one guy I would love to see be the face of this franchise. He's the embodiment of everything that has gone right with the new attitude, the power play of the offense, and the revamped o-line. He looks the part of smashmouth football as well and knows how to talk it up.

Kyle Cook

I am liking Hall and Crocker in this same vein

By the end of the year, I will also probably feel the same about Rey

Yeah, but you say that like I have something to answer for. But I don't. Because holding a players feet to the fire after they've admitted they tanked a full season is normal fan behavior, right? Furthermore, it isn't just my act, as I'm hardly alone on an island on this one.

Holding a grudge is much more fun...and obviously, in your opinion, the right thing to do.

I'm hardly holding a grudge. I don't start Chad threads, I'm not bashing his recent play, and I'm not demanding his absolute silence. I simply don't think he deserves to be the public face of this franchise any longer.

My apologies for forgetting that you are above criticism. I must have left my Hair handbook at home today.

Feel free to criticize anytime the mood strikes. But again, be specific about what I have to answer for.

Outstanding! All we have to do now is walk our way through the problem using math. And that's easy. Because there's only one player on the 53 man roster who is a proven quitter and thus.....he alone should be excluded from consideration as this teams frontman.