After game Thoughts-Texans

Kazkal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those concerned with what the outside world thinks, our loss was considered "unworthy" of the top five disappointments on the FOX Sports poll today.

Giants giving up 48 to the Saints

Eagles losing to the Raiders

Seahawks blown out by the Cards

Mark Sanchez 5 INTs

Titans lose 59-0

Mike and Mike had a brief discussion this morning saying that they had doubts about the Bengals being for real. Nothing too dismissive but just stating what you might suspect. No mention of the injuries to Odom and Peko however.

For those concerned with what the outside world thinks, our loss was considered "unworthy" of the top five disappointments on the FOX Sports poll today.

Giants giving up 48 to the Saints

Eagles losing to the Raiders

Seahawks blown out by the Cards

Mark Sanchez 5 INTs

Titans lose 59-0

Mike and Mike had a brief discussion this morning saying that they had doubts about the Bengals being for real. Nothing too dismissive but just stating what you might suspect. No mention of the injuries to Odom and Peko however.

Gotta love the weekly "zero in depth analysis" by the media. "Are the Bengals for real if they beat the Ravens?" The next week...."The Bengals may be overrated after a loss to the Texans."

They really provide us with nothing we can't already make our own conclusions with. I can look at scores too and talk out of my ass.

The team has been through a rough couple of weeks, no doubt. But I don't think emotion was the problem, Carson said as much in the post game interview. What I've seen so far this season is one trait that killed us Sunday, we play to the level of the competition. We don't play as well as the team can play, we play to the level of the opponent. Denver, Cleveland, and Houston all games where we should have come out guns blazing, and get a huge first hall lead, but instead we play poorly and let bad teams hang in there. In this league, that will kill you.

The D played subpar no doubt. Loss of Odom and Peko certainly didn't help. But they have done a great job of keeping us in there and causing turn overs.

The O needs to develop that killer instinct. I love/hate that Carson throws to who is open, but for crying out loud man!, just say no to Coats! The league won't let us put a giant red NO sticker on his jersey so please Carson, don't throw it his way! With the weapons we have. there is no reason for us not to put up 24+ pts a week! Let's have the swagger and confidence of an AFC North leading team. Secret ingredient to all of this, (and maybe I'm crazy) = 1 part Slim, 1 part Andre, and a little Chase Coffman to top it off. Andre had some great looks Sunday, but lets get the ball over to #15 more than 2-3 times a game!!!!! Chase needs to suit up on a Sunday. I know Marv wants him to acclimate a little more, but what the heck are we waiting for?!?!?!

We need need need to win against the bears. 5-2 going into the bye week is where we have to be in order to take on Baltimore and Pitt, and those games people, will determine the playoffs for us this year.

One last thought, maybe Ocho should switch back to the pink accessories, we played real well when Chad is in pink!

The team has been through a rough couple of weeks, no doubt. But I don't think emotion was the problem, Carson said as much in the post game interview. What I've seen so far this season is one trait that killed us Sunday, we play to the level of the competition. We don't play as well as the team can play, we play to the level of the opponent. Denver, Cleveland, and Houston all games where we should have come out guns blazing, and get a huge first hall lead, but instead we play poorly and let bad teams hang in there. In this league, that will kill you.

The D played subpar no doubt. Loss of Odom and Peko certainly didn't help. But they have done a great job of keeping us in there and causing turn overs.

The O needs to develop that killer instinct. I love/hate that Carson throws to who is open, but for crying out loud man!, just say no to Coats! The league won't let us put a giant red NO sticker on his jersey so please Carson, don't throw it his way! With the weapons we have. there is no reason for us not to put up 24+ pts a week! Let's have the swagger and confidence of an AFC North leading team. Secret ingredient to all of this, (and maybe I'm crazy) = 1 part Slim, 1 part Andre, and a little Chase Coffman to top it off. Andre had some great looks Sunday, but lets get the ball over to #15 more than 2-3 times a game!!!!! Chase needs to suit up on a Sunday. I know Marv wants him to acclimate a little more, but what the heck are we waiting for?!?!?!

We need need need to win against the bears. 5-2 going into the bye week is where we have to be in order to take on Baltimore and Pitt, and those games people, will determine the playoffs for us this year.

One last thought, maybe Ocho should switch back to the pink accessories, we played real well when Chad is in pink!

Excellent post. Welcome to Bengalszone Hollywood, you'll do well here.

Does the ip address for Hollywood Sage look a bit familiar?

He's supposed to be the brother of jonasdsage, isn't he? I think I read a post from jonas sometime last week referencing him. You know something we don't?

Yeah, here we go.

/>http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20457&st=0&p=295542&#entry295542

Exacta got cha' a little paranoid, TJ?

Does the ip address for Hollywood Sage look a bit familiar?

He's supposed to be the brother of jonasdsage, isn't he? I think I read a post from jonas sometime last week referencing him. You know something we don't?

Yeah, here we go.

/>http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20457&st=0&p=295542&#entry295542

Exacta got cha' a little paranoid, TJ?

To clarify, jonahdsage is indeed my brother, and the one that got me cheering for the Bengals in the first place. I now live in OH, so there shouldn't be any IP scares in the future TJ.

Before it turns to Wednesday and I officially stop caring what happened the last game, here's a couple things...

I honestly don't know why (maybe the scheme being ran by Houston) that made it where Andre Johnson ended up being covered by Morgan Trent. It happened at 5 times that I can recall and each time I was like, WTF ?!?!

Was anyone else thinking, and I include the play Odom got hurt, that the Texans were going low with their blocks ?? What's done is done, but there was at least another handful of times that I saw their players apparently going low with their blocks. I could be wrong, but that was irritating me.

Nothing else to add that hasn't already been said, but I do have one more question...

Since we took the loss, does that mean the next win can now have celebratory boobage Billy ??

I honestly don't know why (maybe the scheme being ran by Houston) that made it where Andre Johnson ended up being covered by Morgan Trent. It happened at 5 times that I can recall and each time I was like, WTF ?!?!

The problem is they leave JJoe and Hall lined up in the same spot every play no matter what WR is lined up where. So it was easy for the Texans to put Johnson in the slot and they knew that Trent would be covering him. Stupid on the Bengals, smart on the Texans.

The problem is they leave JJoe and Hall lined up in the same spot every play no matter what WR is lined up where. So it was easy for the Texans to put Johnson in the slot and they knew that Trent would be covering him. Stupid on the Bengals, smart on the Texans.

Ok, then... Note to the coaches, don't do that...

• 3 weeks later...

...the leading rusher in the league never got a chance to do anything. Playcalling sucked!!!!!

exactly. the leading rusher in the NFL was an afterthought. Brat, you miserable bitch, understand the weapons you have.

It has been said ad nauseum that he does not make halftime adjustments. They lead at the half 17-14 and lose the second half 14-0.

Benson had 4 rushes in second half. ridiculous.

The D prevented the TE fumbles from turning into points but they were beaing asked to do too much.

I do think Zimmer did not have the plan tight enough to win. blitz timing was off a bit and Slaton got massive YAC due to the LB's playing so deep.

Ok, not the end of the world and far better than a divisional loss. Time to get health check on the injured and regorup for Chicago.

Ahem.

Kingwilly sure wasn't celebrating Ced getting a reduced workload in this game...

...the leading rusher in the league never got a chance to do anything. Playcalling sucked!!!!!

exactly. the leading rusher in the NFL was an afterthought. Brat, you miserable bitch, understand the weapons you have.

It has been said ad nauseum that he does not make halftime adjustments. They lead at the half 17-14 and lose the second half 14-0.

Benson had 4 rushes in second half. ridiculous.

The D prevented the TE fumbles from turning into points but they were beaing asked to do too much.

I do think Zimmer did not have the plan tight enough to win. blitz timing was off a bit and Slaton got massive YAC due to the LB's playing so deep.

Ok, not the end of the world and far better than a divisional loss. Time to get health check on the injured and regorup for Chicago.

Ahem.

Kingwilly sure wasn't celebrating Ced getting a reduced workload in this game...

I feel that Ced needs to carry the ball over 20 times a game, almost everytime they do they win. It seems like in games like the Houston game they give up on the run to soon. So lets hope this week they get a nice diet of Benson even if he dosnt get a 100 yards they still need to be honest with the run.