Texans at Bengals Game Thread 10/18/09

membengal

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the D will get the blame for this loss in some quarters, and they got flat out manhandled today for sure, but really. The D is going to be beaten some days, just the way it goes. The offense is still very poor though.

Hoe many possessions have they had this half? How many points? Pathetic.

We live and die by the D and we're not the 2000 Ravens FFS.

Looks like the magic tank is on E. Oh well. If there is one game I don't necessarily mind losing it's this one.

Now who's going to be the first chicken little???

Not I. We can't win 'em all, I don't care how many times Mem starts the game thread. :rolleyes:

Looks like the magic tank is on E. Oh well. If there is one game I don't necessarily mind losing it's this one.

Not me. 6 weeks ago I would have taken 4-2 at this point in the season in a heartbeat. Chicago next week just got bigger, tho.

lets be honest, if you were offered 4-2 at the start of the season, you would have taken it, wouldn't you?? <_<

Totally, 1st place in the division still. We're still in a position of good health. The O really needs to find a way of improving. The D needs to try and put this game behind them.

lets be honest, if you were offered 4-2 at the start of the season, you would have taken it, wouldn't you?? <_<

Totally, 1st place in the division still. We're still in a position of good health. The O really needs to find a way of improving. The D needs to try and put this game behind them.

i think the bengals just totally under estimated the texans, especially after the teams we've played and beaten this far

I had 'em at 3-3 at this point and 1-2 in the division.

So, yeah, 4-2 and 3-0 in the division I can't complain about.

Not me. 6 weeks ago I would have taken 4-2 at this point in the season in a heartbeat. Chicago next week just got bigger, tho.

At least it's a REAL sell out next week. I don't care what anyone says the fact that you can't sell out a stadium in a legit way being 4-1 has to mess with players heads.

Chicago is a much tougher team then the Texans.

Baltimore is now beating the Vikes, this divison is going to be tough.

i think the bengals just totally under estimated the texans, especially after the teams we've played and beaten this far

I dunno. The D had it's first real off day this yr, and still came up with a couple of huge turnovers. As for the offense - the usual story.

We got away with it due to the D being money. They have an off day, the offense we've seen all yr is not going to pick up the slack.

gotta win the home games.

16 runs to 35 passes - good job brat.

benson had 44 yards

turnovers (TE's fumbling the ball) and injuries

I am very unhappy with Brat playcalling... throwing to TE's and not intgrating Scott into plays... waste of talent.

There were many breakdowns in the coverage of slaton out of the backfield, as if they would over-blitz and then bring no one up to account for Slaton.

We knew andre johnson was pro bowl level. if you don't get a pass rush, he will get the ball.

Cushing and Ryans are excellent LB's.

Better re-group for Chicago.

That was a discouraging game all-around. This team really hasn't looked good once this year for an entire game, or even close to that, ecspecially the offense. I guess we'll see if they can get their head's out of their asses for 4 quarters next week, or go into a tailspin.

The tailspin is what scares me yea we started out good, but they have to finish this year also. They better fix there problems on both sides of the ball otherwise the tailspin could happen

Chicago is a much tougher team then the Texans.

No, they're not. Trust me on this. I live in NFCN territory, and they're the most over-rated team in the league.

Not that they can't win, but I am far less afraid of the bears than I was of Houston. I like the Bengals next week.

At least it's a REAL sell out. I don't care what anyone says the fact that you can't sell out a stadium in a legit way being 4-1 has to mess with players heads.

Today's performance pretty much tells you why they didn't sell it out. Blaming it on 3,000 fans is stupid. The Bengals' had a perfect opportunity to win people over and show people they're not on the way to another 7-9 or 8-8 year.

Today's performance pretty much tells you why they didn't sell it out. Blaming it on 3,000 fans is stupid. The Bengals' had a perfect opportunity to win people over and show people they're not on the way to another 7-9 or 8-8 year.

I won't buy into an "effect-cause" type view on this game. You are correct that blaming it on 3,000 fans dows not hold water.

At a 4-2 start, given the teams they've beaten, I still believe that 10-6/11-5 is in reach. Now, they've got to get some tie-breaker wins over the NFC north teams.

Injuries to Odom and Peko have me concerned.

If Jjoe holds on to the ball, this game is a W. I don't like to play the "if" game, but that was a real chance to flip the game. Also the Cates and Foschi fumbles can be said to have cost the game.

Coffman, better get ready this week, your time has come.

Also, not running Benson was a poor decision. Shame on you brat.

At least it's a REAL sell out. I don't care what anyone says the fact that you can't sell out a stadium in a legit way being 4-1 has to mess with players heads.

I really doubt that the players or coaches worry about winning over fans or making some kind of statement. Football's a hard enough game without having to take on that task. And even if they hadn't sold out, they still would have had close to 60,000 fans there.

The Bears game has been sold out for awhile but no one really mentions that. We were playing the friggin Houston Texans. There is no history there and their fans can't drive from Houston so why the Bengals were having trouble selling out this game shouldn't be the big mystery or story that it was last week.