Purdue whips OSU!?!

Good for Griz indeed and they played a very good game for sure !!!

I said it in another OSU thread and I will say it again today. Pryor is lacking in his development as a QB in his second year. I think he lacks maturity and the decision making process to be the true leader of the team. The Buckeyes have zero leaders on that team as they have in the past and Pryor thinks he's better than he truly is. I've never seen a college QB of a top 10 (use to be) team just heave throw after throw into coverage without any thought.

He's either very arrogant or very stupid. Maybe a combination of both, but I'm now in the camp of seeing what the other QB's on the roster can do.

I mean, no chance of a National Championship or even a BCS bowl. Nothing else to lose.

Here's to hoping we can beat Michigan and get a bowl win in the www.whogivesash*t.com bowl...

Go Bearcats !!!

Go Bearcats !!!

I get the feeling that no matter how well Cincinnati plays for the remainder of the year, they're going to get screwed in the BCS seedings. I'm not saying they're a clear contender for the #1 spot, but I think the politics involve will relegate them far below where they should be.

Not sure why they were 7th to begin with arbitrary ranking based on events that happened in a different calnder yr with different players etc. Blah blah blah. No offense to Buckeyes meant. Aside from Florida, Bama and Texas, due to their D and not McCoy are there any real stand out teams? There are about a dozen other good teams right now but they all have their weaknesses which can and have been exposed by various teams throughout the yr.

Go Bearcats !!!

I get the feeling that no matter how well Cincinnati plays for the remainder of the year, they're going to get screwed in the BCS seedings. I'm not saying they're a clear contender for the #1 spot, but I think the politics involve will relegate them far below where they should be.

Of course they won't be Billy. Unless Pitt or maybe WV win the Big East convincingly no team from that conference will get a sniff of a national title game for at least 5-10 yrs minimum. All based on a long distant past. Although, Cincy's D worries me against a USC for example. The possible outcome of the game should not be used to prevent certain teams from playing in a title game though, especially when a genuine chance of playing that game has been earned on the field.

The sad thing is, a playoff style system will not even be considered while the NCAA is raking in the billions each yr under the current format.

Pryor is a giant disappointment. He's not developing at all. It is apparent that he dominated high school ball with size and speed, his quarterback skills and brain are barely average.

Hopefully Tressel will recruit a couple quarterbacks with the promise that the job will be obtained through an open competition. Then follow through. OSU's quarterback play is costing them games now. Last year Pryor's failure to even hold onto the ball during the final drive against Penn State was just a glimpse of things (none of them good) to come.

Being an honest Buckeye fan, I was thinking it was only a matter of time because I truly think Penn State is going to lay an asswhopping on them in Happy Valley this year. The odd thing about this team is that it really should have won that game against the Trojans, so they aren't "THAT" bad of a team, just horribly inconsistent, lacking a true leader, and having a liability at the QB position is their downfall.

Agree with getting more QB help and having competition at the position. PLEASE !!!

Pryor = Chris Leak --> For those not named Supa and don't remember, he played for Florida...

they aren't "THAT" bad of a team, just horribly inconsistent, lacking a true leader, and having a liability at the QB position is their downfall.

Absolutely. They're in the same position as about a dozen other teams. Good talent and coaching but iffy areas. There are only about 2 or 3 complete teams.

College football is getting weirder and weirder.

PS. I actually think you will win against the one time this yr (LMFAO) #5 ranked Penn State.

I use to think his athleticism would get him by until he developed better as a QB, but it's now to a point that I think he's of the midset that his athleticism will get him by without any further development. That might be a bit over the top, but I just don't think he's going to progress. He seems VERY immature and his decision making process SUCKS balls !!!

Billy I do have a legitimate excuse. I had a wedding today to go to. Missed the first half of the game because of it, and then had to leave to go the reception. I really did enjoy watching the win though. After so many heart breaking losses(Oregon, Notre Dame) for this team so far this year, it was great to finally win one.

And a big congrats to you Griz !!!

:cheers:

Though thanks the wedding wasn't mine, It was two friends. The m word still scares me.... lol

I was referring to the game as I think you would have let us know about a big occasion if it had been you !!!

Haha OK thanks Army! These days are few and far between when it comes to football. But beware for basketball this year.

Can't see a reason for that. I've managed to be both a Buckeye and Bearcat fan for my whole life. If the two play, I always want the team that is playing better to win regardless of the sport. Here's to hoping BOTH teams continue to do well for the remainder of the season...

Here's to hoping the bukeyes beat the hawkeyes to help out the bearcats.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, the Buckeyes have to given some credit for knocking off Penn State at Happy Valley and then follow it up with a win over Iowa.

Rose Bowl indeed. What BCS bowl will USC be playing in ?? Oh yeah, they won't after getting 55 or some sh*t hung on them by unranked Stanford.

All I need now is for the Bearcats to beat Pittsburgh and all will be right with my football world !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rose Bowl for the Buckeyes I think? Can't sniff at that.

We might play ND in the Gator Bowl or something and lose horribly. Jesus, just thinking about Clausen vs. our D. *vomits in mouth*

The grass isn't always greener OSU fans.

even with a rosebowl birth, most buckeyes fans feel this season is a disappointing one. most fans feel that even with this being a rebuilding season. we should not have lost to usc or purdue. losing to usc, texas, florida and lsu. has really struck a nerve in most buckeye fans.

Rose Bowl for the Buckeyes I think? Can't sniff at that.

We might play ND in the Gator Bowl or something and lose horribly. Jesus, just thinking about Clausen vs. our D. *vomits in mouth*

The grass isn't always greener OSU fans.

even with a rosebowl birth, most buckeyes fans feel this season is a disappointing one. most fans feel that even with this being a rebuilding season. we should not have lost to usc or purdue. losing to usc, texas, florida and lsu. has really struck a nerve in most buckeye fans.

I hear ya. Most UM fans are still living in the late 90's/early noughties and have the expectations to go with it, no matter how unrealistic they might be. Must be even worse for OSU, having actually been relevant every yr. Head exploding times.

Yep, the Buckeyes have to given some credit for knocking off Penn State at Happy Valley and then follow it up with a win over Iowa.

Rose Bowl indeed. What BCS bowl will USC be playing in ?? Oh yeah, they won't after getting 55 or some sh*t hung on them by unranked Stanford.

All I need now is for the Bearcats to beat Pittsburgh and all will be right with my football world !!!

Hey nothing wrong with Stanford they played some great football this year beating 2 ranked 10 teams...Pac 10 seems to have pretty much Killed each other but hey 4 ranked teams....

PS,Buckeyes are going down ducks will murtilized them ^_^