What's the Call On the Texans ??

ArmyBengal

I totally agree with you mem. Which is a little disappointing considering the Bengals decided to throw a high pick in his direction.

But I don't see Coles around in 2010. And by then, after two years of an apprenticeship, Simpson should be ready. If not...well, bust. But, for now, given who is on their roster, I don't know that he is a wasted pick.

Given that receivers generally need two years to acclimate to the league, I still don't know enough about him to say one way or the other. I don't think anyone does.

But given who is on this roster now, I am not concerned that he isn't dressing on Sundays...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With it well known that I am a big fan of Bernard Scott, I'd of course be happy if he takes some carries from Cedric, but to be honest, I'm OK with any of the running backs do it, just to keep Cedric fresh for (one can hope, one can pray) the playoffs.

That said, yeah, Leapfrog Leonard is inactive with any injury vs the Texans, so its all but certain Scott will get the carries that Ced doesn't. But this one game is one of two (the other being the Bears game) where, as has already been pointed out, Ced will personally want to really kick the opposition in the teeth.

Keep in mind, however, that Bernard Scott is ALSO from Texas

Motivation will be high today at the tailback spot, folks

I totally agree with you mem. Which is a little disappointing considering the Bengals decided to throw a high pick in his direction.

But I don't see Coles around in 2010. And by then, after two years of an apprenticeship, Simpson should be ready. If not...well, bust. But, for now, given who is on their roster, I don't know that he is a wasted pick.

Given that receivers generally need two years to acclimate to the league, I still don't know enough about him to say one way or the other. I don't think anyone does.

But given who is on this roster now, I am not concerned that he isn't dressing on Sundays...

Well, certianly if Coles' production (although his work-rate is a huge plus for this team) doesn't improve then I would think it likely he moves on. I actually think Coles could have a healthy day today. Their safeties aren't the greatest. I would say Coats might have a big day too but he's absolute gash at catching the ball. If he did manage to catch it he'd only fumble it anyway. As long as he helps Ced get the yds today then all is good.

About Simpson, sure - a bit unfair to call him a bust without seeing him on the field but eh, still a little sceptical. He really must have had some high ceiling in the coaches' minds. Hope he starts to climb towards it next yr.

I'd like to see him get 5-7 less carries a game.

Well, you must be very happy this morning. Benson got just 16 carries against Houston.

As for me, if I'm calling the plays I build my gameplan every week around 25-30 rushing attempts per game for Benson. It's job one.

I He's on pace to obliterate his highest # of carries in a season by 141, and I don't know of any backs with more carries.

Benson was drafted to be a workhorse, and that's what this team needs most right now.

I don't want to see him worn down in December when they need him most.

Look at the calendar. It's October, right? Nothing's locked up. Nothing has been earned. And besides, the games this team wins today count for just as much as the games they'll play in December.

I guess that's just a ridiculously stupid thought though.

Apparently not, based upon the number of posters who have agreed with you. Props.

But c'mon now, you're advocating a strategy that deliberatly takes the ball out of the hands of a player who, at the time, was leading the NFL in rushing yards. And all this while running behind an offensive line you have repeatedly compared to garbage.

Now factor in this sweetner.

Most of you want to take the ball from Benson and quickly hand it off to.....(wait for it)......a rookie.

:lmao: