What's the Call On the Texans ??

ArmyBengal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game reminds me a lot of the Green Bay game - real good passing offense, but with some key injuries on the offensive line that we could potentially take advantage of. Only their secondary isn't nearly as good as Green Bay's. I predict a pretty hard fought game that we eventually pull away from towards the end with a strong effort from Benson. Run run run and pass off of it.

This game reminds me a lot of the Green Bay game - real good passing offense, but with some key injuries on the offensive line that we could potentially take advantage of. Only their secondary isn't nearly as good as Green Bay's. I predict a pretty hard fought game that we eventually pull away from towards the end with a strong effort from Benson. Run run run and pass off of it.

I've been curious how having TWO backup guards in will affect our pass rush. I don't know enough about football to know if it hurts more losing a tackle or a guard -- but I imagine losing two guards hurts a good bit. I'd love to see some consistent penetration by peko, sims and tank on Sunday. If they're having to double the inside guys Odom, Geathers and MJ should be able to do real damage. It would be great if we could force Schaub into the check down game like we did with Flacco -- that'll go a long ways in containing andre johnson, too. I wonder what other obvious things I could say in this post . . .

I believe Tank was full go at practice...

Thank you Dave. In light of this I'll throw out a prediction of a 33-17 win for the Bengals.

Tank & Roy are back to 50/50, per James Walker. :( Leonard looks like a no, too.

Bengals

Out: OL Andre Smith (foot)

Doubtful: RB Brian Leonard (groin), DL Frostee Rucker (ankle),

Questionable: Tank Johnson (foot), S Roy Williams (forearm)

Probable: S Kyries Herbert (hip), LB Rashad Jeanty (finger), S Chinedum Ndukwe (hamstring), QB Carson Palmer (thumb), WR Jerome Simpson (illness)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65735

God I hope we win this game. I mean, man, it's annoying when the Steelers trot out their arrogance but the Texans FFS. No foundation for it at all. Sure they might easily win but the attitude. They've won 7 road games in their entire existence.

/Irrational need to see these particular fans and random strangers eat a giant s**t sandwich.

Like a pitcher who has too many "stressful innings" that lead to break down, you wonder if this team is due for one.

Then again those stressful games and extra quarters so far, are a result of break downs and mistakes, and maybe they get better.

If they control the clock more, they should quit abusing Benson like they did Rudi and Dillon (Dillon was very rare but always hurt after his first few years, Benson is already in his late 20's much like Rudi was).

Thank you Dave. In light of this I'll throw out a prediction of a 33-17 win for the Bengals.

Tank & Roy are back to 50/50, per James Walker. :( Leonard looks like a no, too.

Bengals

Probable: S Kyries Herbert (hip), LB Rashad Jeanty (finger), S Chinedum Ndukwe (hamstring), QB Carson Palmer (thumb), WR Jerome Simpson (illness)

Well that Leonard injury really sucks, he has been huge in those last minute drives out there, i guess this means more B. Scott. I will not be happy if Tank, and Roy cant go the last time that happens the defense just wasnt the same, and Houston as a big offense that can score very quick if they need to. I dont understand Tank, they said after the game on Sunday that Tank could of played, but they held him out to rest for this week, i guess its still not looking good.

Oh and who cares in Simpson is probable, the guy never dresses on game day!

Wow, those Texans fans must be seeing something we're not. Yes they have good players, but last I looked they're 2-3. They shouldn't be acting like they're going to win in any game, let alone this one coming up.

They beat the Raiders and the Titans. Shouldn't they be confident?

LoL good call Cincy :)

The groin injury for Leonard is scary as those things typically don't heal overnight, but Jeremi Johnson is playing the best football of his career right now and should be able to give Carson the same type of protection in the 3rd down package. I hate to say it, but conditions are right for a very tough game against a team they should play extremely well against at home, ala Denver. With Cedric running wild this year, I'm expecting a lot of 8 and maybe even 9 in the box, against certain offensive sets. I'm nervous as hell about our Special Teams in going against one of the top 2-3 units in the league, but hopefully we can slow down Davis and Jones.

Anybody else think Chase finally gets activated this week, especially if Leonard is down? Might be a good matchup for the Bengals with all the Texans' injuries at LB. I'd like to see Coffman in during the 3 TE, 1 WR look the the Bengals have had success with this season. There hasn't been enough credit given to Brat for the job he has done in the running game, using some pretty unconventional stuff.

I think Coles finally has a breakout game as a Bengal with 2 TDs and close to 100 yards receiving as the Bengals win in another 24-20 thrille

Bengals

I think Bernard could get wuite a few more looks this weekend, especially if the bengals play with a lead. They do need to manage some wear and tear on benson.

Funny how they list Simpson as "probable", as in it is "probable he will be inactive as he cannot learn how to run routes properly". At least they have the luxury of sitting him, though it would be nice to have the 08' r2 pick contribute on Sundays.

With Hebert, RW and Chinny dinged up, we could see Nelson on ST and on Dime.

I totally agree with you mem. Which is a little disappointing considering the Bengals decided to throw a high pick in his direction.

I hope that wasn't one of those "we'll take him because we don't want someone else in our division to take him" picks. Hopefully he will eventually blossom into a productive player.

Bengals by 10 tomorrow.

If they control the clock more, they should quit abusing Benson...

So stupid....

I'd like to see him get 5-7 less carries a game. He's on pace to obliterate his highest # of carries in a season by 141, and I don't know of any backs with more carries. I don't want to see him worn down in December when they need him most. I guess that's just a ridiculously stupid thought though.

Of course in close games where the offense is struggling, there's less of a tendency to switch it up. When the game(s) are not mistake-filled, last second types, I hope he's not getting it 22X or more a game.

So stupid....

I'd like to see him get 5-7 less carries a game. He's on pace to obliterate his highest # of carries in a season by 141, and I don't know of any backs with more carries. I don't want to see him worn down in December when they need him most. I guess that's just a ridiculously stupid thought though.

Of course in close games where the offense is struggling, there's less of a tendency to switch it up. When the game(s) are not mistake-filled, last second types, I hope he's not getting it 22X or more a game.

Agreeing with Shula here, particularly since our other two tailbacks have shown some promise

Not stupid at all

So stupid....

Agreeing with Shula here, particularly since our other two tailbacks have shown some promise

Not stupid at all

I agree as well and think that Scott should be getting 8-10 touches a game, but let's take a closer look at the upcoming schedule as it applies to how CedBen is used...

The next three games after today should tell us if the Bengals will indeed win this division, with physical games against Chicago, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We need to win at least 2 out of the 3, including sweeping Baltimore at home in 2 weeks. That would leave us at least 6-2 with games against Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit before another real test in Minnesota. After that game, the Bengals get San Diego, Kansas City and the Jets to finish the season. Ced should have plenty of time to rest with the tougher portion in the schedule over in a month, and I think this team could realistically finish the season at 11-5 or 12-4.

As far as this thread goes, does anybody else remember that the Texans offered Ced a contract to backup Steve Slaton in the offseason? Must be a real slap in the face to be the all-time leading rusher in the state of Texas, and the home-state team wants you to come in as a backup to a first-year guy. I'm sure Ced's motivated for this one.

So stupid....

Not stupid at all

I agree as well and think that Scott should be getting 8-10 touches a game, but let's take a closer look at the upcoming schedule as it applies to how CedBen is used...

The next three games after today should tell us if the Bengals will indeed win this division, with physical games against Chicago, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We need to win at least 2 out of the 3, including sweeping Baltimore at home in 2 weeks. That would leave us at least 6-2 with games against Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit before another real test in Minnesota. After that game, the Bengals get San Diego, Kansas City and the Jets to finish the season. Ced should have plenty of time to rest with the tougher portion in the schedule over in a month, and I think this team could realistically finish the season at 11-5 or 12-4.

I think the reason B. Scott hasn't seen the field that much is because the coaching staff thinks he has ball control issues. I really don't have a lot of proof, its just a gut feeling. The rest of this season, you will probably only see him get significant playing time against the less aggressive defenses, while his game matures, and next year you will see his carries jump.

With all of that said, I have a feeling he will get double-digit carries in this game because the Texans leave a boatload of cutback lanes open, and I think Scott will tear them up.

In a season or so, I see Scott being for us what Steve Slaton was for the Texans last year.