Why the Bengals will win the AFC North + Houston Sunday

Exacta

Get rid of it. That is like those bastards that were saying we were dangerous enough to go to the superbowl in 2005.................WHAT HAPPENS? Franchise QB laying on the ground rolling.....................Jon Kitna blowing lead...........please make it stop

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of it. That is like those bastards that were saying we were dangerous enough to go to the superbowl in 2005.................WHAT HAPPENS? Franchise QB laying on the ground rolling.....................Jon Kitna blowing lead...........please make it stop

One problem here. Kitna didn't blow the lead. He didn't have a lead when he came in. He and 52 other guys built the lead. He and 52 other guys blew the lead. Plus coaches. Don't lay it all on Kitna.

Ok, with the whole superstitious viewpoint brought up from time to time, does this thread need to be closed ??

What say you Bengalszoners ?? 10 YEAHS = thread closed

Me being one of those superstitious bastards (I think that's how someone put it recently) I vote close...

Unless everyone is knocking on wood, you better close 'er up Army!

TJ seriously, all you do is try to trash talk and put quotes what people said and leave out things for YOUR convenience. You are already a Troll bro too me.

Everything I post is my opinion. You are just some bitter person displacing his anger on some random guy on a Bengals forum.

Wow what fun it is for Bengals fans to have miserable people waiting to pick apart someones post like they are an expert.

Don't make me pull your card player.

TJ seriously, all you do is try to trash talk and put quotes what people said and leave out things for YOUR convenience. You are already a Troll bro too me.

Everything I post is my opinion. You are just some bitter person displacing his anger on some random guy on a Bengals forum.

Wow what fun it is for Bengals fans to have miserable people waiting to pick apart someones post like they are an expert.

Don't make me pull your card player.

In his defense, you coming here and saying the Bengals are going to win the North and against Houston this Sunday is kind of stupid. You don't know that anymore than anyone else does. Do I think they should win Sunday? Yes. Do I predict it? No. You never know what's going to happen on any given Sunday and tempting fate with words like that pisses some people off.

Ron Mexico that makes a little more sense. thank you. You can make me understand something without insulting me. Thank you brother. Good man. I hear ya.

I do have a good feeling this team is going real far but as you said nobody knows what is gonna happen.

Everyone has got there own style. I see that plenty of you predicted the Bengals record as evident by all the posts people are pulling out from pre-season.

I came on here guaranteed Henry would emerge and Coles would be a non factor. NO doubt in my mind we were going to beat Baltimore on the road. Yes i was off with the stats but you get the idea.

I do believe the Bengals have the stuff to have a great chance to make the superbowl. Is it early? Yes. I have I ever thought this in the last 10-15 years watching the Bengals? Never.

This team has what it takes. They have the balance you just do not see often in the NFL. You guys can rip me apart if the Bengals are not 6-2 after 8 games.

Houston has some nice weapons no doubt, but they do not match up well against us.

That was Carson's 4th game since being out for a long time. Some of our key players were really banged up and the Browns had Derek giving them false hope like Rex Ryan and the Jets the first few weeks.

Also there were many mistakes and lucky plays that went against us. Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

With Benson getting the blocking and running game the way it is complemented by yes the passing game with Ocho and Henry giving defenders fits and Caldwell getting open never mind our solid defense, we now have

our strategy to move ahead. 5 games to get this well oiled machine together. Sunday will be a blow out.

That was Carson's 4th game since being out for a long time. Some of our key players were really banged up and the Browns had Derek giving them false hope like Rex Ryan and the Jets the first few weeks.

Also there were many mistakes and lucky plays that went against us. Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

Everything you said there is reason NOT to take the Texans lightly or to count them as a win. Yes, the Bengals should win, but it's no guarantee.

Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

Do you even understand the differences between the following two sentences?

1) Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

2) Still I believe it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

Some help

One is statement of guarentee

One is a statement of opinion

here's another

Sunday will be a blow out.

1) Sunday will be a blow out.

2) I believe that Sunday will be a blowout.

Got it yet?

Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

1) Still it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

2) Still I believe it literally will take a "Miracle" to beat us as the undefeated broncos can tell you.

Some help

One is statement of guarentee

One is a statement of opinion

here's another

Sunday will be a blow out.

1) Sunday will be a blow out.

2) I believe that Sunday will be a blowout.

Got it yet?

You mean to say don't you under stand the DIFFERENCE. NOT DIFFERENCES TJ JACKSONS?

STOP ADDING "S" and start learning football you waste your time trying to correct people and find when they are wrong after the fact.

I grant you the troll of Monday Morning Qb's. Have you ever made an accurate prediction regarding the Bengals? You just sit and wait to rip on them. I guarantee when and if we go to the superbowl you will be saying

Let's see what happens blah blah.

You are the Official Bengals Buzz Kill of the 2009 Season.

Living in the past bro. it is 2009.

And yes the only any team has beaten us so far in 2009 is by a miracle. FACT. One loss. One loss was by a Miracle, thus the only way the Bengals have lost is by a miracle.

Therefore Houston will need a miracle to beat us. Fact.

Do your research. Wait a bit. I know how you operate TJ. Make sure you can impress your buddies here. Go through my posts. Keep going. And begin...

Therefore Houston will need a miracle to beat us. Fact.

THAT is an asinine statement. There are all kinds of ways we could lose this week. Not that I want that, but you know that as well as I do.

Also, you can't state as fact something that hasn't happened yet and that is stupid on your part.

I think I have been fairly accurate thus far based on my preseason predictions. I posted the two following posts a month or so ago. Obviously parts of the first prediction were incorrect, they didn't mentally flop, they came back stronger.

POST 1

I was examining our situation and our schedule and I was thinking to myself that we have to win the first week against Denver. They had a horrendous defense last year and they lost their franchise QB. Their entire team is in dissaray and the players aren't fully behind their coach. If we lose that game our confidence will be shot and we will go into the first half of our schedule mentally drained.

Week 2- Green Bay- They have a solid offense and a good, young defense. Had they not lost a bunch of games in the fourth quarter last season they would have been a playoff team, we will have our hands full with them, but we can beat them if we get that win in week 1.

Week 3- Pittsburgh- Defending champs, Hopefully we have some confidence from games 1 and 2 and we are able to sustain some pass rush to expose their week offensive line. If we can win the first two it will give our young line the confidence needed to handle Pittsburgh's ridiculous defense. We always have problems with them at home.

Week 4- Cleveland- They don't have a clear cut leader on Offense, they traded away their best offensive weapon and they have a new coach. Mangini did well in his first year in New York, but this is the AFC North. We should win this game pretty easily unless we lose the first three and we are decimated.

Week 5- Baltimore- They lost a starting MLB, a starting safety and most importantly their D-Coordinator. You want to know the importance of a D Coordinator look at what happened to Chicago when Rivera left a couple years ago. They don't have any receivers and their QB is vastly overrated. I predict a big drop off for the Ravens, this is a very winnable game.

Week 6- Houston- Damn good offense, but their QB has injury issues that he is always facing. They have an up and coming defense, but I still think they are a year away from being a playoff contender. If our Oline is meshing and our offense isn't banged up we should beat them.

Week 7- Chicago- Picked up a Franchise QB, but they don't really have receivers to throw to. They have a good, but aging defense and Oline. I wouldn't be surprised to see them banged up by this point on both sides of the ball. It is at home which gives us a big advantage, I expect that we can win this game and I think we will.

Going into the Bye week we could be as good as 6-1 or as bad as 2-5. We will most likely IMO be around 5-2 or 4-3 going into this week. If we don't win in week one that may shatter the optimism on the team and cause our young Oline to fall apart. If we can get to the bye week with a winning record we will be set because four of our next five games are against IMO subpar teams in the Ravens, Lions, Browns, and Raiders. Lets go out and win week 1. I am going to be at PBS to see the fate of our entire season determined!

POST 2

Looking at our schedule I come to realize that from weeks 11 to 13 we have been granted a very easy schedule. We play the Raiders, Browns, and Lions in successive weeks. If we get to that point at 5 and 4 we could very easily be 8 and 4 heading into the stretch. Then we would have to win 2 of our next four games against the Vikings, Chargers, Chiefs, and Jets.

I see our schedule ending up like this (This is me being realistic):

Baltimore- Split 1/1

Pittsburgh- Lose both

Cleveland- Win Both

Rest:

Denver- Win

Green Bay- Win

Houston- ?----We will lose one and win one of these two

Chicago- ?----We will lose one and win one of these two

Oakland- Win

Detroit- Win

Minny- Lose

San Diego- Lose

Kansas City- Win

New York Jets- Win

If we can somehow beat Pitt at home (Which we hardly ever do) then we could go into the bye week at 5 and 2. I then think we will go into those easy three games at 6 and 3. We could be sitting right where the Jets were last season at 9 and 3 going into the final four games in the driver seat of the AFC.

Revisiting this I think we have a shot to sweep Baltimore and I think the next two games are very winnable. I think San Diego is more beatable at the end of the season than the Jets

You are playing devils advocate with yourself.

Worst scenario is 11-5

Bears, at Pitt and at Minn, SD are 4 games we can lose. I think the others right now we match up terrific against.

Still can get 1 or 2 of those first 4.

This has the feel of a 11-5 or better team.

You are playing devils advocate with yourself.

No, like all avid sports fans I like to revisit my predictions. I usually don't do it until the end of the season, but for the sake of the topic I thought I would do it. I think we are going 11 and 5 or better as well. The roughest part of our schedule is getting started to maintain that HOPE that we can make the playoffs. I am not buying into the hype that everyone is pissing around here because I don't want to jinx the team. It has been a fun season thus far