Chris Henry Career Day

Exacta

It is only just the beginning. He has got his act together.

Got grabbed and yanked and still gets the longest reception of his career. His presence just opens it up even more for Chad and Caldwell.

He has finally bought into the system and there is no doubt he has his life in order.

Love the fact he was the first guy to celebrate when Caldwell caught the td to win it.

Great supporting role he played today.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. He has a quad tweak. They had to double and triple cover the guy at the end of the game. Coles is done. There is no more coles.

He should have had one more long one down the sidelines, he was gettin grabbed on that one as well, the cornerback wasn't even looking for the ball! I agree, he was used perfectly today, he should've scored on the first one but that's the only thing Fabian Washington is good at so whatever!

You guys are just like the critics who gave the bengals no shot against the ravens. Different team and Henry is a different player. You have to be blind to not see he has got his act together.

Again every week you will see he is one of the top 20 best WR's in the NFL. Caldwell would have never been wide open in the middle of the endzone if not for henry on the right slot with two defenders covering him.

Jesus. He has a quad tweak. They had to double and triple cover the guy at the end of the game. Coles is done. There is no more coles.

I don't know about that! I like Laveranues, he's a pro, but I will admit I'm a little disappointed in the lack of production obviously and I think he's worth the money as long as it meant no TJ!

Yep i still like coles also, he is a team player something this team has not had in many years at that WR postion. Catches or not he hustles every play and does the little things that coaches ask him to do without complaining. He still comes up big, look at the steelers game, so there will be games when he comes up big and other games where he wont be needed as much, but you wont hear him complain. Great teammate!

Did I say he hasn't got his act togather? my only problem is he isn't the blocker coles is and doesn't seem to give it his all on turnovers I still love what he did tonight and hope he can keep it up...But still think coles helps this team beyond receiving yards which seems to be the only thing you can see.

Well I guess when you go out to eat if the food sucks and the waiter is super nice to you, the restaurant is just excellent!!

Where was Coles to block for Henry on the 30 yd line so he can run it in after he caught the bomb from Carson?

Well I guess when you go out to eat if the food sucks and the waiter is super nice to you, the restaurant is just excellent!!

Whats there to complain about this, team has a bunch of good recievers who cares who starts or who gets more balls as long as they keep winning. I dont see anyone complaining on the team, but dont you see the good things that coles brings. Maybe you forget the steelers game and the clutch catches.

Where was Coles to block for Henry on the 30 yd line so he can run it in after he caught the bomb from Carson?

Give me a few minutes and I'll find out with tivo :P , My only point is you act that coles has 0 impact and is not helping this team thats only thing I'm against because his blocking his helps his effort on plays he's not involved in helps... if the team decided to go with Henry as 2# I wouldn't complain though would kinda suck paying a player that much money to ride the bench.

Whats there to complain about this, team has a bunch of good recievers who cares who starts or who gets more balls as long as they keep winning. I dont see anyone complaining on the team, but dont you see the good things that coles brings. Maybe you forget the steelers game and the clutch catches.

Couldn't agree more! This is not what I thought this thread was about, I thought we were just giving props to Chris not dissing Coles?

Got grabbed and yanked and still gets the longest reception of his career. His presence just opens it up even more for Chad and Caldwell.

He has finally bought into the system and there is no doubt he has his life in order.

Love the fact he was the first guy to celebrate when Caldwell caught the td to win it.

You know, I kept thinking as I read post after post of the same one-note garbage.....wow, Chris Henry is a one trick pony reciever, and this assbag Exacta is a one trick poster (Chris Henry blah blah blah Chris Henry Blah Blah Blah etc etc lather rinse repeat)

and then I thought

at least Chris Henry's one trick - the occasional long pass - is a good one, unlike Exacta with Chris Henry's nuts flapping on his chin for post after post after post

The rest of us know that Chris Henry is not a #3 receiver nor even a number 4 - he's a specialty player who can do exactly one thing, and if he did not do that one thing very well (and work for the Redeemer) would not even have a job in this league

When Chris starts blocking, playing special teams, pursuing and tackling when defenders intercept, and all the other little things a full-fledged NFL wide receiver does, then come crowing. Til then, you are spewing wind, and Chris is remains a novelty act. A good one, but still...and nowhere remotely near a top 15 talent

LOLOL OK whatever. I came and said what I said before the game and the guy has over 90yds and Coles doesnt do anything.

I wont say another word. The season will play out and yes Henry is a novelty act. You are right. Lets get Coles in there blocking with his crippled hands.

Who Dey!!!

Wow dude the guy cant be everywhere i didnt see anybody near him on that play, get over it Coles is still a good player.

Wasn't Coles the one who recovered Coats fumble deep in Bengals territory in week #2 to save the Bengals game tying drive at Green Bay after the Packers had just gone up 21-14 and had all the momentum? Hustle plays like that is why Coles will remain starting.

You know, I kept thinking as I read post after post of the same one-note garbage.....wow, Chris Henry is a one trick pony reciever, and this assbag Exacta is a one trick poster (Chris Henry blah blah blah Chris Henry Blah Blah Blah etc etc lather rinse repeat)

and then I thought

at least Chris Henry's one trick - the occasional long pass - is a good one, unlike Exacta with Chris Henry's nuts flapping on his chin for post after post after post

The rest of us know that Chris Henry is not a #3 receiver nor even a number 4 - he's a specialty player who can do exactly one thing, and if he did not do that one thing very well (and work for the Redeemer) would not even have a job in this league

When Chris starts blocking, playing special teams, pursuing and tackling when defenders intercept, and all the other little things a full-fledged NFL wide receiver does, then come crowing. Til then, you are spewing wind, and Chris is remains a novelty act. A good one, but still...and nowhere remotely near a top 15 talent

When Coles plays again and does something special besides collect his $$ than let me know. Until then he is the only novelty act. Cause a WR that only blocks is certainly a novelty to me.

Wow dude the guy cant be everywhere i didnt see anybody near him on that play, get over it Coles is still a good player.

Wasn't Coles the one who recovered Coats fumble deep in Bengals territory in week #2 to save the Bengals game tying drive at Green Bay after the Packers had just gone up 21-14 and had all the momentum? Hustle plays like that is why Coles will remain starting.

And exactly why Henry isn't a starting receiver, never mind a #1. This isn't college. Talent alone is very rarely enough.

LOLOL OK whatever. I came and said what I said before the game and the guy has over 90yds and Coles doesnt do anything.

I wont say another word. The season will play out and yes Henry is a novelty act. You are right. Lets get Coles in there blocking with his crippled hands.

Actually you said he would have 7 receptions or a Touchdown and you were wrong on both accounts,Pretty sure you owe Derekshank your soul.

Coles hasnt dropped any 30 yd passes because he can't beat anyone 30yds downfield. The only reason Henry is not in the game is because of his injury. They said he is 100 percent now. Guarantee he gets a td and or at least 7 receptions sunday. Gigantic beast. Carson already loves him the guy knows how to get open better than anyone.

Coles is a gutty veteran. No doubt. He just does not fit with the program. He was a safety measure as Caldwell was an unknown and Henry shaped up off the field better than they expected.

What is so hard to understand. He will get limited play due to Caldwell and Henry both stepping up. It is life. You get play based on performance. Not taking anything away from Coles he has had an excellent career thus far. just can't see him being used too often.

Not one person has said Chirs Henry is a bad player. But the Bengals have 4 recievers, who do 4 different things well. Chad of course is your stud, the best route runner and your most reliable target. Caldwell goes over the middle and is clutch in 3rd downs. Coles is an effort player who makes those around him seem better. Henry is a big play threat and a redzone target. On different days, different players will be counted on. Henry was used great today. The bengals ran 66 plays on offense, and Henry was in on just over 1/3 of them. Enough to keep him in the defenses mind, and allow him his oppertunities, but few enough to keep him fresh and ready. He made 1 great play, and 1 play where he didnt seem to go all out. He did his job today. No one is saying he didnt. The difference here is you are trying to badmouth a true team player, who goes out, does his job, never complains and makes the team better. This team is 4-1 because of Lavernous Coles, not in spite of him. Everyone has a job to do.