4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

Cedric is doing a great job, but you can't run the football without your offensive line opening holes for him to run too. Lets face it, Carson isn't lighting the field up with his passer rating of 76.9, so somebody is doing something right along with CB. They are avg nearly 20 first downs per-game and over 32 minutes of possession. Considering all that they still have a minus 2 in the turnover area. I can't imagine what the results will be like if they can start moving the football down the field through passing....perhaps they can start to put away games in the third quarter rather than in the 59th minute.

One last thing on CB, they need to open up this passing game, because he is on pace to carry the football 355 times and for a guy who hasn't played a full season in almost two years that could be a problem down the stretch.....

I love having a defense who can put the offense right back on the field. It meant the game for us today, and a big salute to Mike Zimmer. He's the real deal. :bengal:

Yep the defense was back this week, this was the defense i saw in week 1 against Denver. Zim called a great game, he blitzed the Ravens like crazy pressure on Flacco most of the day he had to get the ball out early. Great job, now i can only hope to see this defense play like this week in and week out.

#1 offseason priority- Extending Benson three years.

Well I wouldn't say 1# but with him still having fresh body I wouldn't mind it...I'd say Priority would be

1# Roy or Tank (maybe both) Great depth and I don't see us picking high enough to get Mays or Berry..

2# Kyle Cook He has played well and would like to lock him up asap

3# Brandon Johnson This If they feel he could play SLB the guy has played great & I'd hate to lose him

4# Evan Mathis Think the guy has played well enough to keep around,Livings injury seems to have been a good thing

5# Bobbie Williams I'd say go with youth but if you can't get young player who is a upgrade keep him around 1-2 more years

6# Chris Henry if he plays cheap enough wouldn't hurt

7# Roland (I think hes a FA but great depth and would like to keep him

THEN I wouldn't mind rewarding Benson with a extension

Cedric is doing a great job, but you can't run the football without your offensive line opening holes for him to run too. Lets face it, Carson isn't lighting the field up with his passer rating of 76.9, so somebody is doing something right along with CB. They are avg nearly 20 first downs per-game and over 32 minutes of possession. Considering all that they still have a minus 2 in the turnover area. I can't imagine what the results will be like if they can start moving the football down the field through passing....perhaps they can start to put away games in the third quarter rather than in the 59th minute.

One last thing on CB, they need to open up this passing game, because he is on pace to carry the football 355 times and for a guy who hasn't played a full season in almost two years that could be a problem down the stretch.....

If Coates and Jeremi didn't have hands of stone, you could add another 2 TDs, 40 yds and about 20 points to that rating.

It's official for this week!

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

sorry but it is not official for this week yet

dont forgot about ronnie brown tomorrow night, he needs only 119 yards to beat benson and i am 95% sure he will.

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

dont forgot about ronnie brown tomorrow night, he need only 119 yards to beat benson and i am 95% sure he will.

119 yards vs the Jets? I don't see it happening.

I do. Sure the Wildcat will get found out eventually and the Jets aren't as ickle as the Colts' D but I think he has a damn good chance of going well over a hundred yds. By the sheer volume of running they'll do if nothing else. No way do they tell henne to go out there and win the game by throwing on Revis and Rhodes etc.

I think the wildcat works for one more game at least.

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

dont forgot about ronnie brown tomorrow night, he need only 119 yards to beat benson and i am 95% sure he will.

119 yards vs the Jets? I don't see it happening.

How much you wanna bet he doesn't get over 70yds?

I am catching up on the threads today, but I thought I would post a quick note in this one...

Without going back to look, because I know it's there, Hair was one of (if not the only) members who LOUDLY stated that resigning Benson during this past offseason, should be the #1 priority of this team. Kudos to Hair for having the insight and making the great call as well !!!

I am catching up on the threads today, but I thought I would post a quick note in this one...

Without going back to look, because I know it's there, Hair was one of (if not the only) members who LOUDLY stated that resigning Benson during this past offseason, should be the #1 priority of this team. Kudos to Hair for having the insight and making the great call as well !!!

I think everyone kind of thought that. We didn't want to burn a high pick on a RB, especially with so many gaps that we had after last season. I think when you see a guy with a lot of 100 yard games to finish the season you have to make him your priority. With that said, Ced is just one of the many players that has come to us and created a perfect storm here.

How dumb does TJ feel right now???

I will also kudo Hair as well, but I think the reason no one else didn't think the same thing was because we didn't think the oline had improved enough to let Ced do his thing. The oline has to get more props here, as they are not the 2008 oline. They have done a great job, all things considered, and should only improve with Smith, hopefully. There are some weaknesses, but our coaches have done a remarkable job covering the weaknesses with blocking schemes and now Palmer no longer has to run for his life--he can now just run.

I do. Sure the Wildcat will get found out eventually and the Jets aren't as ickle as the Colts' D but I think he has a damn good chance of going well over a hundred yds. By the sheer volume of running they'll do if nothing else. No way do they tell henne to go out there and win the game by throwing on Revis and Rhodes etc.

You have to remember that he splits carries with Ricky Williams though.

You have to remember that he splits carries with Ricky Williams though.

Damn, forgot about him. Good point. I still think they nudge the 200 yd rushing barrier as a team.

Don't forget either, Benson's leading the league in rushing after already facing the third, fifth, and sixth ranked rushing defenses. The sixth ranked team (Baltimore) was first before Ced ran through them.

Ouch. Well, the pass protection might not be all that great still but you just can't argue with their run blocking based on those stats. Fantastic play from the line.

I'd say their pass protection is pretty solid right now as well. Only giving up 1 sack to the Ravens is a pretty good day in my book.

Ouch. Well, the pass protection might not be all that great still but you just can't argue with their run blocking based on those stats. Fantastic play from the line.

I'd say their pass protection is pretty solid right now as well. Only giving up 1 sack to the Ravens is a pretty good day in my book.

Agreed!!! :cheers:

I think everyone kind of thought that. We didn't want to burn a high pick on a RB, especially with so many gaps that we had after last season. I think when you see a guy with a lot of 100 yard games to finish the season you have to make him your priority. With that said, Ced is just one of the many players that has come to us and created a perfect storm here.

I agree, its not rocket science to know that he was our biggest priority! The way he finished the season and our recent and historical bust of drafting RB's high...

I agree, its not rocket science to know that he was our biggest priority! The way he finished the season and our recent and historical bust of drafting RB's high...

"Kind of" thinking that and coming right out saying so, are different things. I wish I had the patience to go back and review every post made during the offseason to show how many people weren't concerned in the least that Benson might have signed with the Texans and were wondering who we were going to draft at the running back position. Hell, there were many people that were still clinging to the thought of Kenny Watson being a starting RB in the NFL. Not a word out of those guys lately...

In regards to how he finished last season, the same thing was being said about him in the thought of the teams he managed to get his yards against.

They weren't that good and many thought it is was an equal risk to bring him back. Sh*t, many HATED signing him, but people remember what they want.