Cedric Benson is leading the NFL in rushing

BlainThePain

As of right now, Cedric Benson has six more yards than Adrian Peterson.

1. Cedric Benson CIN 487

2. Adrian Peterson MIN 481

3. Steven Jackson STL 451

4. Chris Johnson TEN 434

5. Ahmad Bradshaw NYG 375

Granted Chris Johnson will probably pass him tonight, but Cedric is giving us something we haven't had since Corey Dillon was in his prime.

I wonder how Bears fans feel about this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cedric Benson CIN 487

4. Chris Johnson TEN 434

Granted Chris Johnson will probably pass him tonight, but Cedric is giving us something we haven't had since Corey Dillon was in his prime.

Holy hell. I'm not used to looking at stats like this.

1. Cedric Benson CIN 487

4. Chris Johnson TEN 434

I was about to come online and post this. I am sure they feel about the same as the Chargers do about Drew Brees. Yea, it sucks to see your pick go somewhere else and produce, but they do have a pretty good RB in Chi town now.

1. Cedric Benson CIN 487

4. Chris Johnson TEN 434

I was about to come online and post this. I am sure they feel about the same as the Chargers do about Drew Brees. Yea, it sucks to see your pick go somewhere else and produce, but they do have a pretty good RB in Chi town now.

Shame about their o-line which is pretty much unchanged.

I think it was the first 100 yd rusher against the Ravens since 2006 or something. Insane. Kudos Ced, love your head down style and what a burst of speed. Also kudos to the o-line and Smith isn't even in the lineup yet!

Oh man...I never even thought of what lies in reserve!

Funny, I did a podcast interview before the Browns game for some Browns site I had talked to over the summer, and the one thing the host mentioned was that he had taken my advice on Ced-Bed and it was saving his fantasy team so far this year. Just an amazing comeback. I will keep an ear to the Chi-town radio to see their reactions.

Think about this past off-season and how close we came to losing him to the Texans.

Honestly,

I think that whole thing was a thing for him to squeeze more money out of us. Ced isn't stupid and he isn't going to leave a guaranteed starting spot with a high level Offense to be a backup with the Texans. Don't discount the loyalty that a player like Ced has in an organization that has resurrected his career.

Maybe but Ced is a Texas guy and I think they have very attractive tax breaks in Texas. Might not have been down to the wire but I personally thought he'd sign there. Was ecstatic he re-signed with us though and I didn't even think he'd be doing this well. Over the moon right now.

He can break big runs off but what I like is he is getting nice chunks. 3,4,5 yds with each carry. The occasional stop at the line or what not but it makes the downs manageable most times (when the O-line doesn't hold someone!).

I can't remember the specific date but as of late last season, CB is the leading rusher in the NFL. I liked the fact that he kept asking about the last time someone got 100 on Baltimore. Shows me he likes challenges and he came through.

Give credit to Bratkowski and the other offensive coaches for the unbalanced and jumbo packages that nullified much of the Ravens zaniness on defense. I felt like we had a chance because their defense had been on the field for a long time in the first half. I know people hate when we runs two straight draw plays for no gain but I feel like that stuff adds up and by the end of the game it will pay off. It takes time off the clock, keeps our defense off the field longer and wears them down. I like it and I hope they keep doing it.

Yes, good point. No major complaints about eh play-calling this week. The execution still leaves a lot to be desired.

The propensity of penalties pisses me off to no end. Yet the Bengals shrug them off and win. I just don't get it.

Yes, good point. No major complaints about eh play-calling this week. The execution still leaves a lot to be desired.

The propensity of penalties pisses me off to no end. Yet the Bengals shrug them off and win. I just don't get it.

They probably think they're juts a normal part of the game they've been so prevalent this season. Second nature.

They probably think they're juts a normal part of the game they've been so prevalent this season. Second nature.

I think Marvin told Dave Lapham after the game that the team feels like "the down is over-rated". It only takes one play.....

I think Marvin told Dave Lapham after the game that the team feels like "the down is over-rated". It only takes one play.....

Huh...that it does.

Haha. Excellent stuff. Quite true really. I mean, when we want to we move the ball with ease. Very easy to get caught up in that thinking though - oh noes, it's 3 & 8, we're not going to get it.

As far as what Chicago thinks, i think there happy with Forte, either way who cares i love him as a Bengal

So they should be. He's a good runner.

It just wasn't working out for him in Chicago. A change of scenery is what's needed sometimes. We got the player mthey expected to have but hey ho. They should be happy with Forte. Everyone's a winner and we didn't burn a top 5 pick on Ced so yay us.

Ced is a blast to watch. So damn physical, he's just hard to tackle on that first contact. He's also big, so guys try to go low on him, then he just drives even lower. Remember Polomalu last year? He got way low to take out Ced's legs, and Ced just met him there helmet to helmet.

Think about the additions to this team: Crocker, Ced, Tank, Roy Williams, they all have one thing in common; they're very hard hitters. I've got to believe Marvin had a plan to bring toughness to this team.

And it seems to have worked, as other guys have taken on that persona. Which corner was that out there today laying some big hits? I think it was Joseph. I don't recall that kind of play from him in the past. Got the right leaders in here and some guys were ready to follow.

Ceddy is just doin work! The Gayvens have a great run D, not a great overall D but good run D and CedBen made them look like their D-Coordinator is from Switzerland! :o Oh Snap!!!

If and when Andre comes back, man oh man is this gonna be a sick ass running team!

Huge props to Carson and Bubba Caldwell for their stone cold nads! :bengal: