After Thoughts Ravens game 1#

Kazkal

The best part - the offense can improve their all round play hugely. Not little things here and there but huge improvements can be made. Which is pretty nice considering we're 4-1 and 3-0 in the division.

Also, the odd missed block and fubar aside that plagues even pro bowl lines, the O-line held up against a good front 7 well for the most part. Well done to them also.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout this boys... I made a "Cardiac Cats" sig for everyone to wear to show group support for the 09 team! Let's wear this all regular season, and I'll make a new one when we make it to the playoffs! WHO DEY!

15wjbjb.png

15wjbjb.png

Sweet sig!

How 'bout this boys... I made a "Cardiac Cats" sig for everyone to wear to show group support for the 09 team! Let's wear this all regular season, and I'll make a new one when we make it to the playoffs! WHO DEY!

15wjbjb.png

Fanstastic. Nice player you picked too. Twice he's come through when needed. Baller!

How 'bout this boys... I made a "Cardiac Cats" sig for everyone to wear to show group support for the 09 team!

I appreciate what you're thinking, but I'm not changing ANYTHING that I'm doing today. In fact the clothes I'm wearing right now (Bengals shirt and cap) will be folded and placed atop my dresser to await next Sunday's game. It's worked as long as membengal has started the Gameday Threads. :P

How 'bout this boys... I made a "Cardiac Cats" sig for everyone to wear to show group support for the 09 team!

I appreciate what you're thinking, but I'm not changing ANYTHING that I'm doing today. In fact the clothes I'm wearing right now (Bengals shirt and cap) will be folded and placed atop my dresser to await next Sunday's game. It's worked as long as membengal has started the Gameday Threads. :P

That's funny, I've also been wearing the same shirt/shorts combination ever since the Greenbay game.

That's funny, I've also been wearing the same shirt/shorts combination ever since the Greenbay game.

Absolutely understood. I vote an automatic death by firing squad for anyone who starts a Gameday thread before membengal!

Oh, and who else was furious while having to watch Kelley Washington dance around like a moron after making his catch? Just made the win that much sweeter.

His being shutdown just made this all the sweeter...

Absolutely understood. I vote an automatic death by firing squad for anyone who starts a Gameday thread before membengal!

I think everyone here understands that. ^_^

Oh is that what I was smelling :lol:

our defense was unreal today, did any body else notice that the ravens offense was intimidated by our defense. they where scared to open up the offense. the Bengals pass rush and corners took everything they wanted to do away. other than a hell of a play by rice. we dominated this offense. man was it a great thing to see. then palmer and company man are they just deadly when the game is on the line! palmer said, i am so good. i will lead my team down the field and score with one hand!! lol just clutch! then benson and the o-line way to run the damn ball. we went there and just out played them physically on both sides of the ball. WHO DEY

the bad, st louis must go! kyle cook snap the damn ball when you are suppose to. coats, wow 2 huge drops. where is coffman?

My thoughts on the game???? Can anyone say CLU CLU CLUTCH?!?!!

WhooooooooooDeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bengal:

Very nice and respectful things about the team from NBC on their highlights package. And good stuff from the locker-room with them giving Zim the game ball.

And they made Rodney Harrison say nice things. Which was fun.

As of right now we have the NFL leading rusher in Benson, the sack leader in Odom, and a guy tied for second in INTs in Joseph.

This season is really coming together in a hurry. Despite enormous problems on special teams and with penalties, the Bengals just shrug them off. I'm watching Chris Berman right now on ESPN just gushing about this team. Cincinnati is for real this year, and I for one loves seeing this!

After thoughts....

Wow. Another hard victory on the road. This team amazes me every week. Unbelievalbe! The old Bengals would've been done in the 4th quarter. This team fights til the end.. I've been waiting for years now to see Palmer develop into a game winning QB. He has matured and it's showing this season. There is something about this team, god is definitely on our side.

Side notes. Brat's playcalling is 05'ish. I'm loving it.

The O'Line played their asses off. Like I said, MB does a good job of always having a solid O'line.

Ocho Cinco... His got ALL you haters out there shutting the f**kK up-O. He's my boy I don't care what any of you say. 85 is the real deal. MB is genius.

Now the bad...

The delays of game are terrible. Fix that.

St. Louis has to get it together, he's going to lose a game or two for us if he doesn't get his s**t together.

Coats has to go.. OR placed on the bench in passing plays. Why is COFFMAN not in there on 3rd and long or other passing plays? There is no answer for that. THEY HAVE TO GET COFFMAN in the game!! Have to!

My favorite O lineman Big Whit needs to learn the damn count. C'mon Whit..

I think Rey Lewis and 85's relationship is over lol..

After thoughts....

Wow. Another hard victory on the road. This team amazes me every week. Unbelievalbe! The old Bengals would've been done in the 4th quarter. This team fights til the end.. I've been waiting for years now to see Palmer develop into a game winning QB. He has matured and it's showing this season. There is something about this team, god is definitely on our side.

Side notes. Brat's playcalling is 05'ish. I'm loving it.

The O'Line played their asses off. Like I said, MB does a good job of always having a solid O'line.

Ocho Cinco... His got ALL you haters out there shutting the f**kK up-O. He's my boy I don't care what any of you say. 85 is the real deal. MB is genius.

Now the bad...

The delays of game are terrible. Fix that.

St. Louis has to get it together, he's going to lose a game or two for us if he doesn't get his s**t together.

Coats has to go.. OR placed on the bench in passing plays. Why is COFFMAN not in there on 3rd and long or other passing plays? There is no answer for that. THEY HAVE TO GET COFFMAN in the game!! Have to!

My favorite O lineman Big Whit needs to learn the damn count. C'mon Whit..

I think Rey Lewis and 85's relationship is over lol..

Team could be anywhere between 5-0 and 0-5. I would have been happy with 3-2 at this point. Obviously 4-1 makes people look at you a whole lot differently. There are a lot of little things that just can't keep happening but in spite of them the team is able to keep it close and pull it out at the end.

Coats is very frustrating to watch. He fights the ball too much.

Really not sure about St. Louis. Very fortunate that he was able to get it together to make enough solid snaps to not cost us.

Kept calling for Caldwell at the end of the game. Kept wondering where he and Coles were.

Chad had a good game. The hit by Lewis seemed to fire him up and the rest of the team. Sweet justice is all I can say. He's a HoF'er for sure but he has gotten away with that kind of head-hunting for along time. Glad to see the flag for once.

Liked the power formations by the O-line. I like the shift from the finesse stuff. I like power running and want to see more of it.

Love Brian Leonard. Might only make a play or two a game but they always count. Don't see DeDe or Watson making those kinda plays. Staff seems like geniuses for keeping him.

Carson seems like he is just getting warmed up. Told a friend today that training camp is over. Glad to see him keep his composure despite the INT and some drops. His pass the Henry was amazing. The play to Caldwell was textbook look-left-freeze the safety-throw-right...TD. Happy for the guy. He's worked hard and put up with a lot of doubters.

Concerned that Bernard Scott isn't ready for the pros yet. Seems out of his league a little.

Coach Z and the rest of the coaches and defense were awesome today. With the exception of Rice's TD they did just about everything right.

Kevin Huber did enough to keep the Ravens from completely flipping the field. And kudos for working through this with St. Louis.

It's nice to beat some teams the way we've been beaten numerous times before. Times they are a changing.

My thoughts: We sucked ass, the Bengals D may be the best in the division right now (did I just say that??), and I'm scared of carson palmer again. I don't buy the intimidation though. I think the Ravens got outschemed. The Bengals committed to taking away the deep play and the front seven controlled the run game. My hope is that Gaither really is that great a player and his absence made the difference today. More likely Marvin was in Cam's playbook today.

I look forward to the rematch.

Don't get too comfy at the top. Our stay was all too brief...

My thoughts: We sucked ass, the Bengals D may be the best in the division right now (did I just say that??), and I'm scared of carson palmer again. I don't buy the intimidation though. I think the Ravens got outschemed. The Bengals committed to taking away the deep play and the front seven controlled the run game. My hope is that Gaither really is that great a player and his absence made the difference today. More likely Marvin was in Cam's playbook today.

I look forward to the rematch.

Don't get too comfy at the top. Our stay was all too brief...

Brief? Baltimore and Pittsburgh have OWNED first place for years. Times have changed.

One last thought about Kelly Washington. Earlier in the week he was saying how he was out to prove that he could play and the Bengals were wrong for getting rid of him.

First of all I always thought that the Bengals were more than fair with him. They took a chance on him in the '03 draft after he had some neck issues and he dropped him out of the first round. Then he was reluctant or unable to play special teams but the team managed to give him a spot on the team anyway. He couldn't beat out rookie Chris Henry in 2005 and after the '06 season he was gone. He went to the Pats and then they got rid of him after last year. The guy didn't even have 1,000 yards receiving for the Bengals and he acts like they did him wrong somehow. I just don't get it.