Ravens game on Sky ( British TV)

jonf45uk

after sky saying they would never show a bengals game again after last years browns debacle(!), they've decided to show the Ravens game:

Sky sports 3 and HD3, Sunday 18:00

almost guarantee a humiliating loss now!!!

jon

Did they actually say that? Utter pricks. I mean I like watching week after week of the Chargers/Cowboys/Patriots as much as the next man (not one one frigging bit!) but c'mon. It'll be nice to see the stripes on TV.

ps Sky, your presenters aren't worthy of sniffing Mike Carlson's used jockstrap.

I say flag watching sky (cause they really really really suck here in New Zealand) Go and get the NFL Gamepass http://gamepass.nfl.com and watch every game (though a few are blacked out in the UK) and get the NFL Network...I got given a week of it and it was life changing. it's 25 US a week and something around 240 US for the entire season (I'm a cheap ass and waiting till they drop the price later on)

I say flag watching sky (cause they really really really suck here in New Zealand) Go and get the NFL Gamepass http://gamepass.nfl.com and watch every game (though a few are blacked out in the UK) and get the NFL Network...I got given a week of it and it was life changing. it's 25 US a week and something around 240 US for the entire season (I'm a cheap ass and waiting till they drop the price later on)

Damn, that gamepass looks great. £150 for all the games all season. I'll get that for next yr for sure, as well as upgrade my old rickety pooter in the new yr. Thanks for link Kev.

We get quite a few NFLN shows on Sky here in the UK, get the Thrusday and Sat night games from them live as well. Not sure if you can get the entire network in the UK though. As long as Baldinger and his finger of nightmares aren't so prominent nowadays I'll check into that too.

yeah, that certainly looks good!!

the main annouance for us is that the presenter's a steelers fan, and the all round presentation is pretty crap, but if it means being able to watch the match then we'll just have to grin and bear it!!

jon

after sky saying they would never show a bengals game again after last years browns debacle(!), they've decided to show the Ravens game:

This has been said almost every year. The Bengals are particularly disliked by Nick Halling (presenter) who is a massive Steelers fan and they do get very little exposure, but thats hardly surprising based on their record over the last 20 years!

I enquired a year or two ago with Sky about the "Gamepass" subscription for a particular team and they were very very arms length about it. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction over this time then.

Also with ESPN now running the old Sentanta channel I wonder if that will add extra matches/new dimension to games being aired in the UK ????

This has been said almost every year. The Bengals are particularly disliked by Nick Halling (presenter) who is a massive Steelers fan and they do get very little exposure, but thats hardly surprising based on their record over the last 20 years!

I enquired a year or two ago with Sky about the "Gamepass" subscription for a particular team and they were very very arms length about it. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction over this time then.

Also with ESPN now running the old Sentanta channel I wonder if that will add extra matches/new dimension to games being aired in the UK ????

its great when they show bengals -steelers games isn't it!!

he hides his bias very well :rolleyes:

jon

I've never much cared for the sky presentation of games. The quality of the actual game broadcast is much better than you get from channel five with their tin can and a piece of string technology but the announcers and presenters (Shaun Gayle aside) always tend to get on my last nerve.

If only Carlson was still on Sky.

I've never much cared for the sky presentation of games. The quality of the actual game broadcast is much better than you get from channel five with their tin can and a piece of string technology but the announcers and presenters (Shaun Gayle aside) always tend to get on my last nerve.

If only Carlson was still on Sky.

Mick Luckhurst or Gary Imlach would do ;)