Please Put Chris Henry In for Coles

Exacta

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Child, Please. Again Henry is the key to the bengals wining this game. Guy is just what we need. The long ball opens everything up.

Ocho man. COme on. Get 3 Chris Henry's in there only way we win.

What a great job he did. Love that threesome. Caldwell, Henry, Ocho!

Henry stepped up. almost 100 yds.

And the wish is granted: Please put Henry in for Coles. End of story.

Looked more to me like he slowed down and started to celebrate a bit early and got caught from behind. If he had run hard the whole play it would have been a TD.

What he said.

From Reedy's blog on enquirer.com, this was of interest...

No (more) looking back: Chris Henry said his legs aren’t quite 100 percent – “they’re getting close,” he said – but that isn’t what caused him to be caught from behind on a 73-yard reception last Sunday in Baltimore.

“It was me looking back instead of just running,” Henry said. “He caught up with me. I should’ve been just eyes straight-ahead, running for the touchdown. Whenever you’re looking back, you’re not a full speed… I guarantee you next time I’ll take it to the (house).”

You don't say...

Looked more to me like he slowed down and started to celebrate a bit early and got caught from behind. If he had run hard the whole play it would have been a TD.

What he said.

From Reedy's blog on enquirer.com, this was of interest...

No (more) looking back: Chris Henry said his legs aren't quite 100 percent – "they're getting close," he said – but that isn't what caused him to be caught from behind on a 73-yard reception last Sunday in Baltimore.

"It was me looking back instead of just running," Henry said. "He caught up with me. I should've been just eyes straight-ahead, running for the touchdown. Whenever you're looking back, you're not a full speed… I guarantee you next time I'll take it to the (house)."

You don't say...

Nice to hear him fess up to that, actually. Good for you, Chris.

That's like fessing up to the sun rising in the east, but, yeah, I guess, good for him.

I love the idea of Chris Henry (as a fan, how can you not), but I totally understand why ML has been so reluctant to fully trust him. Henry has to truly embrace being a professional, and I still don't know if he is all the way there.

Nothing against Chris but I'd say his talent level is at best AVG... Otherwise you'd see better routes better hands etc...

Reason he's a factor is he's 4-6 inchs taller then Db's & Can jump higher then them so it's a mismatch...

I don't know. Maybe you're right on some level. His height and speed should be producing far far more than well under 2000 total yards well into his 5th yr. His talent is certainly better than that.

His potential (maybe a better word than talent), if he truly gave a damn would be around about 600-1000 yds a season easily. Not even close right now. You don't work for it, you don't given it. Especially in pro sports. The guys across from you Slim are getting paid too, often they're getting paid far more than you are as well. There's a reason for that.

• 1 month later...

Palmer promised he'd check down more often this season, and I'd have to say he's done just that. In fact, after watching the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games you could argue the offensive gameplans against those teams were built almost completely around checkdowns to TE's, RB's, and short field options like Coles and Caldwell.....most of whom are either new to the team or unproven.

And weeks later, the song remains the same.

I am telling you if Laveranues Trolls plays against Minn or SD or any of the playoff games we are in serious trouble.

Runs horrifc routes. Can't catch. Brings nothing to the team except the tackle he had on Benson against Baltimore.

When was the last time he scored a TD? 4 catches 8 incomplete passes and a pick due to his route against the 2 worst teams in the NFL

and he is covered by?

I am telling you if Laveranues Trolls plays against Minn or SD or any of the playoff games we are in serious trouble.

Runs horrifc routes. Can't catch. Brings nothing to the team except the tackle he had on Benson against Baltimore.

When was the last time he scored a TD? 4 catches 8 incomplete passes and a pick due to his route against the 2 worst teams in the NFL

and he is covered by?

I dont know when he last caught a TD but I am pretty certain I know what your last day here will be - today

dont let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha