Baltimore Week: What they are saying in Baltimore

membengal

As much as he's a Cane, the dude is a real douchebag some times. Also, does anyone get the impression he thinks he's a reel deep dude? All that prancing around like a peacock and screeching in a manly fashion he does to 'pump himself up' is also cringe-worthy. I don't know how his teammates put up with the embarrassment. He's rivalled only by Dawkins for pure self love.

Also, Drew, it's nice you visited the marines and stuff but that call out/cadence is a little OTT dontcha think. At least it does appear that way to me when it's performed by multi-millionaire pro athletes and not, ya know, actual Marines/soldiers.

That was the way the Canes played when he was with them, cocky to the point of it hurting the chances of winning.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting from work on blackberry now.

Rob long being a little bitch. Says he doesn't know what to make of the loss b/c he does not know what the bengals are. Apparently the wins over steelers and packers didn't happen.

His callers are alternately pissed at the O and D.

I've been getting a kick from reading some Raven's board posts. What's funny to me is that the idea that the Ravens were outplayed and overmatched never crosses their mind. They had no pass rush because suddenly their scheme sucks? Let's not talk about the Bengals O-line and (brace yourself) the play calling. Flacco was throwing check downs all day, WTF? No mention of JJoe or Leon Hall (kind of hard to throw to a receiver when they're covered). The Refs cost the game? Maybe for the Bengals -- let's not mention that Ndukwe TD or the FLAGRANT pass interference calls we weren't getting all day, m'kay?

Disregard the score board for a moment -- we dominated the Ravens. Our defense played LIGHTS OUT and NEARLY shut out the league's #3 offense. Cripes man. Our offense moved the ball at will and pounded them with the running game -- the Ravens D looked absolutely beat up and worn out in the 4th quarter. Go ahead and think that the Ravens lost the game as opposed to the Bengals won it (whatever that means). I'll call you from the bye week when we're 6-1 and the Ratbirds drop another game to Minnesota. Thanks ladies, hope you enjoyed the Carson show.

First four hours of calls and reactions in the book and the arrogance and sense of entitlement that had settled over ravens fans in the first three games and even after the pats loss is suddenly g.o.n.e. Gone.

As much as he's a Cane, the dude is a real douchebag some times. Also, does anyone get the impression he thinks he's a reel deep dude? All that prancing around like a peacock and screeching in a manly fashion he does to 'pump himself up' is also cringe-worthy. I don't know how his teammates put up with the embarrassment. He's rivalled only by Dawkins for pure self love.

Also, Drew, it's nice you visited the marines and stuff but that call out/cadence is a little OTT dontcha think. At least it does appear that way to me when it's performed by multi-millionaire pro athletes and not, ya know, actual Marines/soldiers.

That was the way the Canes played when he was with them, cocky to the point of it hurting the chances of winning.

Indeed. The 80's were, erm, an interesting time. Really cocky bastards but considering the make up of those teams and the fact that they backed it up with national Champs they just about got away with it, although obviously won few neutral fans.

When Ray was there, yeah, fine individual players and very strong teams but ultimately toothless in the big games. Acting like your poop doesn't stink is just shy-making in those circs.

Then of course, 2000/2001 happened. Pure awesomeness, especially for a pasty 19 yr-old Englishman in Miami.

Anyways, I loved seeing Ray and Ed walking off their home turf as losers. Nothing they could to stop it, other than cheap shots by Ray and Ed going AWOL on the last drive. Flat out beat them and they knew it.

Posting from work on blackberry now.

Rob long being a little bitch. Says he doesn't know what to make of the loss b/c he does not know what the bengals are. Apparently the wins over steelers and packers didn't happen.

His callers are alternately pissed at the O and D.

I've been getting a kick from reading some Raven's board posts. What's funny to me is that the idea that the Ravens were outplayed and overmatched never crosses their mind. They had no pass rush because suddenly their scheme sucks? Let's not talk about the Bengals O-line and (brace yourself) the play calling. Flacco was throwing check downs all day, WTF? No mention of JJoe or Leon Hall (kind of hard to throw to a receiver when they're covered). The Refs cost the game? Maybe for the Bengals -- let's not mention that Ndukwe TD or the FLAGRANT pass interference calls we weren't getting all day, m'kay?

Disregard the score board for a moment -- we dominated the Ravens. Our defense played LIGHTS OUT and NEARLY shut out the league's #3 offense. Cripes man. Our offense moved the ball at will and pounded them with the running game -- the Ravens D looked absolutely beat up and worn out in the 4th quarter. Go ahead and think that the Ravens lost the game as opposed to the Bengals won it (whatever that means). I'll call you from the bye week when we're 6-1 and the Ratbirds drop another game to Minnesota. Thanks ladies, hope you enjoyed the Carson show.

I know. The only way to help them get passed this way of thinking is not one dominating win against them, or even winning the division this yr. It's doing it yr after yr. I hope we keep drafting D and getting better. I enjoyed the heck out of 2005's offensive juggernaut but there's something about having a decent D that makes me horny. Let's build that, championship winning D and build up the O-line and smash these guys and the Steelers back in to fighting it out for 2nd place yr on yr.

Becoming the team to beat with a stout D and strong running game would be poetry and I don't think Carson would mind much. Keep Caldwell around for him to throw to.

Of course, the flip side is, this doesn't last and it goes back to the same old same old in which case the Ravens and Steelers fans continue being the smug bastards they are. Even worse, we would have nothing in response.

First four hours of calls and reactions in the book and the arrogance and sense of entitlement that had settled over ravens fans in the first three games and even after the pats loss is suddenly g.o.n.e. Gone.

I noticed that too. I've been tuning into 105.7 fm. You have to think that one of the biggest concerns for the entire team is that we exposed their defense badly. I understand they have and have had in the past one of the best defenses in the NFL, BUT...you have to wonder if alot of their opponents struggles with the run are because they quit running the ball early. The streak is over, their defense is exposed and now the rest of the league will exploit it. It's going to affect their offense as well in how they have to execute. If I were the Ravens, I'd be real concerned.

In regards to that video...

Is it the refs "cheatin" you out of the game, like he said at the beginning of the video or "the defense let us down" like he said at the end of the video ??

Either way, I think it's laughable, because regardless of who you ask OUTSIDE OF BALTIMORE, the Ravens were dominated in a game that I clearly think everyone in that town (obviously the players) thought they should have won walking away.

In regards to that video...

Is it the refs "cheatin" you out of the game, like he said at the beginning of the video or "the defense let us down" like he said at the end of the video ??

Either way, I think it's laughable, because regardless of who you ask OUTSIDE OF BALTIMORE, the Ravens were dominated in a game that I clearly think everyone in that town (obviously the players) thought they should have won walking away.

Heck even the fans on the forums said they got dominated but still feel the refs screwed em hehe.

Hello, checking back in, from the afternoon shows and the drive home.

Generally:

---Jerry Coleman on 1370 remains a cock of the first order. He is weirdly obsessed with CJ, and kept teasing a soundbite he had from CJ. It turned out it was post-game locker-room, it was Coleman himself asking questions, doing his level best to bait Chad, and all Chad did was say complimentary things about the Ravens D and Ed Reed, and when baited to talk about whether he was upset he hadn't scored a touchdown himself, Chad answered "of course not". It was as grown up and mature an interview as I have heard from Chad. Coleman's reaction after they ran the clip? He says CJ is full of "hot air". Asswipe.

---The hosts midday on 105.7 and the drive team there (and even Coleman) are beating back some sore loser callers bitching about the refs. The Ravens sure have a whiny fanbase. Hugely laughable are all caller bitching that the flag on Lewis was unwarranted. Seriously. And there have been a lot of them. At least the hosts are rightly calling cheap shot on the Lewis hit.

---Lots of complaining about the Defense and the offensive play-calling yesterday. Between only one ball thrown at Mason yesterday and Willis McGahee only toucing the ball once, there is a lot of frustration with Cam Cameron. Which is amusing, give that they were the second most prolific offense through four weeks heading into that game. All of a sudden Cameron is stupid.

---What has been largely absent, although a few hosts will occasionally bravely mention it, is acknowledgement that the Bengals had a huge hand in shutting the Ravens down and in gashing the Ravens on defense.

---What is also weird is the lack of recognition that the Ravens fattened up on Brodie Croyle and Brady Quinn with their defensive stats (both home games) and have been ruined by real quarterbacks Rivers, Brady, Palmer in their five games. I would say that is an issue. At some point, they may all wake up to that.

With that, I will stop with the updates from here, and the mods can unsticky.

Hope that it was an enjoyable read the last eight days.

I will do this again when Baltimore week comes around again in the next three weeks.

Hello, checking back in, from the afternoon shows and the drive home.

Generally:

---Jerry Coleman on 1370 remains a cock of the first order. He is weirdly obsessed with CJ, and kept teasing a soundbite he had from CJ. It turned out it was post-game locker-room, it was Coleman himself asking questions, doing his level best to bait Chad, and all Chad did was say complimentary things about the Ravens D and Ed Reed, and when baited to talk about whether he was upset he hadn't scored a touchdown himself, Chad answered "of course not". It was as grown up and mature an interview as I have heard from Chad. Coleman's reaction after they ran the clip? He says CJ is full of "hot air". Asswipe.

---The hosts midday on 105.7 and the drive team there (and even Coleman) are beating back some sore loser callers bitching about the refs. The Ravens sure have a whiny fanbase. Hugely laughable are all caller bitching that the flag on Lewis was unwarranted. Seriously. And there have been a lot of them. At least the hosts are rightly calling cheap shot on the Lewis hit.

---Lots of complaining about the Defense and the offensive play-calling yesterday. Between only one ball thrown at Mason yesterday and Willis McGahee only toucing the ball once, there is a lot of frustration with Cam Cameron. Which is amusing, give that they were the second most prolific offense through four weeks heading into that game. All of a sudden Cameron is stupid.

---What has been largely absent, although a few hosts will occasionally bravely mention it, is acknowledgement that the Bengals had a huge hand in shutting the Ravens down and in gashing the Ravens on defense.

---What is also weird is the lack of recognition that the Ravens fattened up on Brodie Croyle and Brady Quinn with their defensive stats (both home games) and have been ruined by real quarterbacks Rivers, Brady, Palmer in their five games. I would say that is an issue. At some point, they may all wake up to that.

With that, I will stop with the updates from here, and the mods can unsticky.

Hope that it was an enjoyable read the last eight days.

I will do this again when Baltimore week comes around again in the next three weeks.

Great stuff. Not surprised.

I have fond memories of their Monday Night game against the Patriots in '07, when their defense melted down at the end of the game. The issue then? Officiating. I recall one of their linebackers picking up a penalty flag and whipping it through and out of the endzone, as they incurred a series of unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

I enjoyed their intensity. It was fun to watch someone else's team lose all it's composure, along with whatever chance they had left to win the game.

Watching the Ravens stay true to form and commit stupid penalty after stupid penalty at the end of the game was a thing of beauty.

Not a thing of beauty? Ray Lewis' cheap attempt to injure Chad. The league will fine the crap out of him, but I believe he should definitely be suspended. At least one game.

They play like the neighborhood bully. But Scott Farkas go his comeuppance yesterday. Funny how the bully cries louder than the bullied.