Did anyone else think the FG was missed?

icehole3

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81346124&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Thanks to this I don't think I'll have any future confusion about which Ryan brother is which. After all, Rex is now the toast of Broadway thanks to the suprising success of the New York Jets Jets Jets. Meanwhile, five days after losing yet another football game Rob Ryan is still crying about camera angles and whether or not a kick was good.

(((sniff)))

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81346124&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think it's no good. You can see it from the endzone view - ball passes in front of the post.

I recall being rather surprised at the time that the zebras raised their arms. Oh well, tough sh!t, brownies.

if you look at the view from behind the line of scrimmage, it looks like the ball went over but just inside the right upright.

I was at cleve. in the mid 90's at a game where matt stover kicked the exact same kick on the game's last play.

It looked worse than that one and was called good and the browns won. I protested to a few of the drunken, toothless browns fans to no avail.

maybe what comes around goes around.

if you look at the view from behind the line of scrimmage, it looks like the ball went over but just inside the right upright.

ESPN aired several views of the kick earlier in the week and all of them but the one shown live during the game make it abundantly clear the kick was good. Needlessly close, but still good. Furthermore, if you watch the reaction of nearby fans and players it's fairly obvious most of those closest to the action knew the kick was good....including most of the Brownies on the field.

Frankly, I think if Ryan truly believed what he's claiming he'd bitch loudly about the officials blowing the call without worrying about a fine. But that's not what he's doing, is it? In fact, all he's doing is bumping his gums while saying..."I'm not saying anything."

It was really close (and yes, needlessly close), and close enough for Ryan to not even bring it up like he did, God how lame.

Two of these kinds of things in one week. Someone needs to send a memo to the NFL teams that says "If you say something like 'I'm not saying the officials were wrong, but they didn't make the right call,' you actually ARE saying the officials were wrong."

It's so stupid. How big of a fine do you really get? If you're going to complain five days after a game, at least sack up and complain like a man. I can totally sympathize with their feelings, especially the ray lewis/the ravens after the game, but to do it so nervously or cautiously just makes the player/coach look ridiculous.

ESPN aired several views of the kick earlier in the week and all of them but the one shown live during the game make it abundantly clear the kick was good.

Meh...the one I saw from the endzone, it looked like the ball crossed behind the upright relative to the camera view. If that happened, then it was definitely no good (just based on geometry). The only angles I'd trust are ones in which either the ball eclipsed the post (relative to the camera), or vice versa. Anything else is open to optical illusion and lack of depth perception.

But I'll admit I haven't given it the Zapruder film treatment.

This is nothing but pointless. Nothing he does or says will change the outcome of the game and him bringing it up at this point makes him look foolish and you would think they have better things to be concerned about less than 2 days before their next game.

While I will admit that at first I was concerned about the kick as well, it doesn't take much to figure out it was good. Look at the players reaction on both sides of the ball. Hell, look at the reaction of Graham. Kickers KNOW if the kick is good or not. Have you ever seen a kicker celebrate a game winning kick when they know they missed it ?? There was NO hesitation on the part of Graham at all.

Hey Rob Ryan... F*CK OFF !!!

I haven't either. But ESPN did give the kick the Zapruder treatment, and while admitting there are camera angles that make it appear the kick MIGHT have been missed, there was at least one view conclusive enough to prove the kick was indeed good. And the head of NFL officiating also pointed to a camera angle that confirmed the refs call, right?

Frankly, I hope Ryan and the Browns keep talking for weeks, months, and even years about how they were jobbed out of a freaking tie by an officials call.

Edit: Solid evidence proving conclusively the kick was good aired on Channel 12 and later posted on youtube. Sadly I can't seem to get the following link to work.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KcPxAfIT5Bc

Frankly, I hope Ryan and the Browns keep talking for weeks, months, and even years about how they were jobbed out of a freaking tie by an officials call.

At this point that's all they got. The Browns are an utter mess.

I haven't either. But ESPN did give the kick the Zapruder treatment, and while admitting there are camera angles that make it appear the kick MIGHT have been missed, there was at least one view conclusive enough to prove the kick was indeed good. And the head of NFL officiating also pointed to a camera angle that confirmed the refs call, right?

Edit: Solid evidence proving conclusively the kick was good aired on Channel 12 and later posted on youtube. Sadly I can't seem to get the following link to work.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPxAfIT5Bc

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPxAfIT5Bc

Well there you go. Now maybe this BS can be done with. This whole thing was a pretty childish move for Ryan anyhow. He should be worried about Buffalo right now.