Final Thoughts on Browns Game

Kazkal

Wtf? I though we were a run first team this year, and I expected us to run it all over those bum's in cleveland. It looks like we gave up on that, CED had what 18 carries? We are still really struggling to find our way on offense, outside of the last two minutes. Defense was good today, 75yrd TD was big.

This game looked bad but I'll take the win.

They tried to run it. God knows, they tried. For the second and third quarter they tried. And a good chunk of the fourth. And failed. A parade of three and outs.

It wasn't until Scott gashed some runs late in the 4th quarter and Benson in OT that they got it going. For whatever reason.

I lean toward Hoosier's hypothesis...the Bengals walked into a hornet's nest where Cleveland was playing their own private Super Bowl. And especially on defense. The Bengals could have handled that a LOT better, but it was not easy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im sure ill take some heat for this, but why is everyone saying the defense was good, i would say they werent horrilbe, but there an average defense. If you ask me they are going backwards instead of improving from week to week. They have been giving up huge pass plays, and then today the run defense was gashed all day, with big holes. There was no pressure on Derek almost all day, until Zim decided to blitz, so where was the blitz all day. The front 4 stuggles to get off there blocks, so he needs to bring pressure.

So like i said they are not horrible, but they are an average bunch. They are giving up to many big plays, and for most of the game couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. Now im just saying from week to week they same to be giving up more big plays, more yards, and cant get off the field . Now today they were on a short field alot i understand that, but they still had there chances. I just hope they figure something out and can tighten this group, there is some talent on this side, but i dont think they have yet showed what they can do. So i really hope they can turn the defense around, otherwise Flacco and the ravens offense will throw and run all over them! I guess i should be happy with being average and not horrilbe, but damn i want that dominate defense.

Ok im sure ill take some heat for this, but why is everyone saying the defense was good, i would say they werent horrilbe, but there an average defense

Playing with constant bad fieldig because of the early returns by cribbs? Because the Offense couldn't sustain a drive outside of 1st qrt and OT?

Because it held a unit that gashed them for some yards when it counted including 3? 4? stops in OT? gotta look beyond the stats...

Ok im sure ill take some heat for this, but why is everyone saying the defense was good, i would say they werent horrilbe, but there an average defense

Playing with constant bad fieldig because of the early returns by cribbs? Because the Offense couldn't sustain a drive outside of 1st qrt and OT?

Because it held a unit that gashed them for some yards when it counted including 3? 4? stops in OT? gotta look beyond the stats...

Word.

One drive on the defense, in my view. The one that closed the game to 14-7. The rest that led to points was short fields following special teams gaffes or turnovers. And when it was 14-14? And Cleveland had two drives on short fields that should have been TDs? Instead were held to figgies? Kept them in the game and gave the offense one last chance to stop f**king up.

In the 4th quarter and OT, a succession of plays where they got Cleveland off the field and gave the offense a chance. Oh, and they scored 7 points while they were at it.

Sure, they could be better. But to complain about them is really bulls**t, frankly. If it were not for them they lose that game somewhere around 37-14.

And were without two key members of the defense, and several others (Hall, Joseph, Maulaluga) playing hurt.

Game ball to the D here. No questions about it.

Again.

Word.

One drive on the defense, in my view. The one that closed the game to 14-7. The rest that led to points was short fields following special teams gaffes or turnovers. And when it was 14-14? And Cleveland had two drives on short fields that should have been TDs? Instead were held to figgies? Kept them in the game and gave the offense one last chance to stop f**king up.

In the 4th quarter and OT, a succession of plays where they got Cleveland off the field and gave the offense a chance. Oh, and they scored 7 points while they were at it.

Sure, they could be better. But to complain about them is really bulls**t, frankly. If it were not for them they lose that game somewhere around 37-14.

And were without two key members of the defense, and several others (Hall, Joseph, Maulaluga) playing hurt.

Game ball to the D here. No questions about it.

Again.

Alright no complaints here, this team is 3-1, all im saying is that they have the talent to be a very good defense, and i am hoping at some point they become a dominant defense. We all see things different, and im just hoping that week in and week out they get better and stay healthy.

Funny...

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rich-Gannon-doesn-t-know-how-NFL-overtimes-work-;_ylt=AgREiZKE7SDkQXNUafEzsypDubYF?urn=nfl,193869

Awesomely, Eagle then asked if McNabb had infiltrated the broadcast booth. Nah, Ian, if that were true, Gannon would have vomited when the game got down to crunch time. (Rimshot!)

:lol:

You know, in Gannon's defense, how often do you ever see overtime games come down to the last seconds? Never, except last year when we tied the Eagles. I'm just not used to seeing a team do the 2 minute drill as the clock winds down at the end of overtime.

You know, in Gannon's defense, how often do you ever see overtime games come down to the last seconds? Never, except last year when we tied the Eagles. I'm just not used to seeing a team do the 2 minute drill as the clock winds down at the end of overtime.

That's our Cardiac Cats...just when you think you've seen it all...

Bobbie W. needs to lay off the sauce...

"I knew he's got some speed in him amongst all those braces. I was just wondering when he would bring out that Michael Vick."

:lol:

Hahaha Though wasn't Carson known as a athletic Quarterback coming out of college

It's a bit different when most NFL linebackers weigh as much as 80% of college DTs and have the speed of an average college safety though. I don't think I'd run much either. What an great, screw it - we're going to win, play. This team might be as awkward and goofy as a teenager at times but it also has that screw you man attitude. The big difference this yr is the attitude.

Other yrs, that week one loss might have been enough to derail the entire season. This yr it's galvanised the team.

The front 4 can not get any push.

uhm yeah, sure buddy

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Odom-named-AFC-Player-of-Month/cae6c11c-867e-48f3-a1a9-dc93895231fb

that said, I really only liked three things

The W (as opposed to the L or the T)

and

The team showed heart again - despite strugging in all three phases, no one packed it in

and

Bernard got some touches, and did quite well - 6 carries for 41 yards, 2 kickoffs avg 26yds and 1 special teams tackle. I think (hope?) his performance earned him some more touches next week.

oh...and regarding

I swear...every time I see that last field goal, it looks no good.

I dont have DVR, but I remember throwing my hands up in disgust as I watched the ball sail past the uprights and then being amazed that the refs called it good. I mean, I was dead certain it was a miss.

Ok im sure ill take some heat for this, but why is everyone saying the defense was good, i would say they werent horrilbe, but there an average defense. If you ask me they are going backwards instead of improving from week to week. They have been giving up huge pass plays, and then today the run defense was gashed all day, with big holes. There was no pressure on Derek almost all day, until Zim decided to blitz, so where was the blitz all day. The front 4 stuggles to get off there blocks, so he needs to bring pressure.

So like i said they are not horrible, but they are an average bunch. They are giving up to many big plays, and for most of the game couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. Now im just saying from week to week they same to be giving up more big plays, more yards, and cant get off the field . Now today they were on a short field alot i understand that, but they still had there chances. I just hope they figure something out and can tighten this group, there is some talent on this side, but i dont think they have yet showed what they can do. So i really hope they can turn the defense around, otherwise Flacco and the ravens offense will throw and run all over them! I guess i should be happy with being average and not horrilbe, but damn i want that dominate defense.

The defense wasn't the problem. When your offense doesn't get a first down for over 39 minutes, and your special teams are leaving you with an average starting field position just shy of midfield(often worse than that), giving up 20 points while scoring 7 on your own is pretty damn impressive. No they weren't the 2000 ravens, but they performed when they needed to and made up for the ineptitude of the offense and the special teams, and thats no small task.

Final thoughts ?? THANK GOD !!!

Sitting through these games is putting years on all of us. I swear to God, I had to switch from beer to water from how much I was sweating while yelling and jumping around during the game...

I will keep it simple and say the team still has room to improve and I want to see them get at those things sooner rather than later, but there is no way you can look at this game and be God awful upset. That was a Browns team determined to get a win and gave the Bengals their best shot. I will simply sit with a smile on my face knowing we are 3-1, 2-0 in the division, and in first place.

Just like last week, I want to see this team put it behind them, address problems, and focus on what it's going to take to beat the Ravens.

Oh yeah, Brad St. Louis SUCKS MONKEY BALLS !!! Put in Luigs to long snap and deal with whatever suck comes with it...