Bengals at Browns Game Thread 10/04/09

membengal

Bad memories from 2007? A lot of key members on this defense don't have those, as they were not here. Let's hope the professionalism that has brought them to a 2-1 start shows up early today.

Have spent the week reading about this "new" Bengals offense that grinds things out. It is taking some getting used to.

Time to exorcise some more demons.

Bring the pre-game and game chatter here.

Weather forecast: High around 60, 30% chance of a passing shower, winds gusting to around 15-20 mph.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bengals defense gets the message from Zimmer that last week's first half effort was unacceptable and kicks the snot out of Anderson and whatever "skill" players the fairies throw at them.

The offense, much the same, except their ineptitude was even greater last week. They come out confident from pulling out the win over the Stealers and score 24 points before the end of the first half. Then they rack up 150 yards on the ground in the second where we get our first real look at B. Scott who comes on to give Ced a rest and gets a c-note on 10-15 carries and adds 50+ on 3 receptions.

The only thing I fear is Cribbs in the kicking game.

That said, I forsee a 41-9 victory for the Bengals.

The longer the week has drawn on, the more worried I've become. I'm not sure I've a reason for that other than simple paranoia, but I think the game will turn out fairly close. I have faith that this Bengals team is more poised and better prepared than that Browns team, so anything shy of victory would be sickening. Let's kick their ass. And go Patriots.

Any given Sunday, and all that, of course, but I think part of the trepdiation we feel as a fanbase is the running-to-kick-the-football-as-Lucy-pulls-it-away thing. That's something we may have to just get over as a fanbase.

There are good solid reasons to think this is a different Bengals team, even IF they were to trip up today. But I don't think they will.

Yaneverknow.

It also make Frostee Rucker active for the first time this year, I do believe.

Hope they don't miss Williams too much.

Maulaluga was out early for a test on his knee, he must have passed it.

Rest of the inactives per Reedy's twitter:

David Jones, Kooistra, Coffman, Simpson, A. Smith

That makes Tom Nelson active and about to see his first NFL action.

Go Mr. Nelson. Show us what you got.

What are we gonna do with Simpson? Guy can't sniff the field. We are very deep at WR but the guy is still not ready?

potential banana skin today, but we really must win these games if we're gonna be considered a good team.

can't see cleveland having enough to beat us if we play as we have in the 2nd half of games this season, but we all know how cruel fate can be....

ENJOY!!

jon

Rest of the inactives per Reedy's twitter:

David Jones, Kooistra, Coffman, Simpson, A. Smith

That makes Tom Nelson active and about to see his first NFL action.

Go Mr. Nelson. Show us what you got.

What are we gonna do with Simpson? Guy can't sniff the field. We are very deep at WR but the guy is still not ready?

In all seriousness, who does he kick off the active roster?

CJ? No.

Coles? No.

Caldwell? No.

Henry? No.

Cosby? No.

I just thing it is a deep WR roster, and he can't crack it. Doesn't mean he isn't progressing in practice.

You can worry if you want. It won't change anything.

Unless the Bengals are lying, it's a bruise. And apparently hurts enough that he won't be as effective this week as Ndukwe and Nelson. If this team is an all-growns-up big-boy team, it can beat Cleveland with Ndukwe and Nelson helping Crocker out at S while Williams lets it heal up for next week.

Reedy's pregame post on his Enquirer blog:

A couple changes to the starting lineup before the Bengals face the Browns …

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson and strong safety Roy Williams are inactive, meaning that Pat Sims and Chinedum Ndukwe will get their first starts of the season. Johnson injured his foot during the second half of last Sunday’s game against the Steelers while Williams injured his right forearm during practice on Wednesday. Even though both Williams and Johnson are out, Sims and Ndukwe are starters, so it shouldn’t be that much of a dropoff.

Evan Mathis will also get his third straight start at left guard even though Nate Livings practiced all week and is active. CB David Jones is also inactive despite practicing all week.

Also inactive are OT Andre Smith, TE Chase Coffman, OT Scott Kooistra and WR Jerome Simpson. Jordan Palmer is the third QB

For the Browns, starters RB Jamal Lewis, K Phil Dawson and RG Floyd Womack are inactive. With Rex Hadnot also inactive, Hand Fraley will start at RG while Jerome Harrison gets the start at RB and Billy Cundiff at K. Other Cleveland inactives are DB Gerard Lawson, DB Anthony Madison and TE Greg Estandia.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009/10/04/bengals-browns-pregame/

I'm just glad Mem started the thread today. You know, keeping all things with the universe aligned properly !!!

That wasn't an accident. He's designated game thread starter as long as this winning streak holds!

BTW, does anyone have a feed for the game?

I'm just glad Mem started the thread today. You know, keeping all things with the universe aligned properly !!!

That wasn't an accident. He's designated game thread starter as long as this winning streak holds!

+1. I'm stuck with Chicago v. Detroit. :puke:

+1. I'm stuck with Chicago v. Detroit. :puke:

I did better with the Ravens and Pats.

I agree with Ox, don't let the Browns get the idea that going to Anderson has changed things for them. Get them down quick and hopefully they'll quit.

Did anyone see the CBS list of Bengal injuries? They were almost all foot injuries. Our ex Cowboys are both hurt. But Sims can brawl in there about as well as tank, and our depth at safety is going to help us here.

COME ON BENGALS!!!