Where are they now? Former Bengals

jjakq27

Saturday afternoon, I was at a restaurant watching some college football and noticed this younger guy in the studio on the halftime show of the Michigan State game on ESPNU. I kept looking thinking that it might be David Pollack but couldn't tell because it was a small TV that was kinda far away. Eventually they posted his name on the screen and sure enough it was him. He looks good and seemed pretty comfortable doing the job.

Then I was watching the Ravens game on Sunday and noticed that Kelly (Squirrel) Washington was one of their receivers. Later in the Steelers game I saw that Keiwan Ratliff was one of their DBs. With all of the discussion locally and nationally about TJ, it's pretty easy to know that he's lighting it up in Seattle. Well not really but that's where he's at these days.

Now with the pick-up of Kevin Kaesviharn by the Titans, I thought we could post some of the known where-abouts of some recently departed Bengals.

Eric Steinbach-Cleveland Browns

Chris Perry-recently drafted by the Florida Tuskers of the UFL

Kenny Watson-currently a free agent

Madieu Williams-Minnesota Vikings

Landon Johnson-Carolina Panthers

Mathias Askew-Detroit Lions (Practice squad)

Stacy Andrews-Philadelphia Eagles

Maurice Mann-CFL player (Edmonton)

Casey Bramlet-CFL Player (Winnipeg)

Odell Thurman-recently drafted by the Florida Tuskers of the UFL

Eric Ghiaciuc-released by the Kansas City Chiefs in preseason

Tab Perry-recently drafted by the Las Vegas Locomotives of the UFL

AJ Nicholson-listed on the roster of the Florida Tuskers of the UFL

Reggie McNeal-CFL player (Toronto)

Ethan Kilmer-retired

Ahmad Brooks-San Francisco 49ers

Kenny Irons-out of football

Marvin White-Dallas Cowboys

Jeff Rowe-Seattle Seahawks

Matt Toeaina-Chicago Bears

Fui Vakapuna-Arizona Cardinals

Simeon Castille-San Diego Chargers

DeDe Dorsey-signed by the Las Vegas Locomotives of the UFL last week

Ryan Fitzpatrick-Buffalo Bills

Jon Kitna-Dallas Cowboys

Dexter Jackson-listed on the roster of the Florida Tuskers of the UFL

John Busing-Houston Texans

Kevin Walter-Houston Texans

andrecaldwellkeiwanratl.jpg

I really like this picture. It's Andre Caldwell scoring the game-winning TD in front of former Bengal Keiwan Ratliff.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't DeDe with the LV Locomotives now as well?

Had no idea Kitna was in Dallas. Crazy.

I checked a couple of places for each guy as a double check. DeDe is either listed as a free agent or still on the Bengals roster. huh.gif

http://twitter-athle...?athleteID=3103

You can always count on Twitter to be the most up to date source of information or a person's where-abouts! I've updated the list.

Yeah, apparently the Cowboys were looking for a backup to Romo and after making the trade to bring in Roy Williams (WR) he told them if they wanted someone as a backup QB, to go get Kitna. I can't remember where I saw that, but recall thinking that Jon still gets a lot of respect in regards to his knowledge of the game. I still think he would make an awesome QB coach when he retires...

Amazing that Matthias Askew is still eligible for a practice squad. He was drafted by the Bengals in 2004. Word was that if he'd stayed in school one more year he would have been a first rd pick. Here he is 5 years later and still hasn't accrued a year on an NFL roster. Care to figure out how much money he lost by coming out early?

Yeah, apparently the Cowboys were looking for a backup to Romo and after making the trade to bring in Roy Williams (WR) he told them if they wanted someone as a backup QB, to go get Kitna. I can't remember where I saw that, but recall thinking that Jon still gets a lot of respect in regards to his knowledge of the game. I still think he would make an awesome QB coach when he retires...

Yeah I was watching the Cowboys during the preseason and that's when I saw Kitna. They made a point of saying that if he had been in Dallas that his presence would have helped Tony Romo and the Cowboys make the playoffs.

Now whether he is capable of winning a playoff game is a whole other matter!

Takeo Spikes - 49er's as well...

Almost half of the defense for the 49ers is now ex-Bengals.

Weird coincidence.

Who is the DC for San Fran?

What's interesting is that former head coach and current Steelers DC Dick LeBeau never picked up or traded for anyone (that I know of) that was on his roster while he was HC here. I think that speaks volumes about the guys we had. On second thought, I think Adrian Ross may have gone to Pittsburgh for a short period of time but I don't remember the details. Wasn't he going to "chill" with his buddies from Colorado State that were on the Steelers?

If anyone is feeling ambitious, I wonder what these former coaches are doing these days...

Chuck Breshnahan

Rickey Hundley

I know Ken Anderson is the QB coach for the Steelers.

Mark Roman - 49ers (11 tackles, 1 sack in 3 games)

Marquand Manuel - Lions (17 tackles, 1 FF)

Neil Rackers - Cardinals (5/6 on FGs)

Kelly Gregg - Ravens (12 tackles)

Justin Smith - 49ers (6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF)

That's some good stuff. I focused on guys under Marvin's tenure. I had forgotten about a few of those guys. Man some of those names bring up some memories of the dreary days of the late 90's and early 2000's.

I think I read that Levi Jones got a tryout with Green Bay this week.

Also whatever happened to Rudi Johnson. Is he even playing anywhere?

Also whatever happened to Rudi Johnson. Is he even playing anywhere?

The Lions did not offer him a contract this year so far as I know. He's not listed on any NFL roster. I don't know anything more

GO TUSKERS!

I checked their roster on the UFL site, and though Chris Perry was nowhere to be found, Anthony Schlegel, Odell Thurman, and Dexter Jackson were on there as active players. They also have an offensive lineman named Mike Brown. Rumor has it that Brown missed most of training camp as he drove around the practice field looking for a meter with some time left on it. /Rimshot/

Allegedly their first game is this Saturday, October 10th.

I don't know what a Tusker is, but I bet they need a fight song, so here goes:

"Go Tuskers Go"

(sung the tune of any fight song you can think of)

NFL washouts, parolees, has beens and never weres,

Oh mighty Tuskers! Crush, Kill, Destroy!

Fear the mighty Tuskers, Fear the Mighty Tuskers!

March on down the field, Commander Haslett at the helm

You're completely out of options, you better play

your f**king asses off! Or else! Or else! Or else!

But not your girlfriend or that little boy!

That might be yours, but your not really sure,

because with 'roids and liquor, your past is all a blur!

March on down the field, Tuskers, some guys at 3rd rate

cable channel Vs need you,

to break your bones and spill your blood

so some slack-jawed morons sitting drunk in a bar

somewhere might think they're watching the NFL!

Because everyone else is changing the channel!

We're not kidding, please kill somebody on the field or something,

anything for some publicity, because VS will replace

us with a reality show about waiters in LA!

March on down the field, Tuskers! March on down the field!

Crush! Kill! Destroy! But watch your back if you're at a waterpark

with Odell Thurman, Tuskers. We're not kidding Tuskers!

Seriously, just keep your guard up around that dude!

Oh mighty Tuskers, that's the team we're gonna cheer!

Wow, I forgot about him...and that incident.

Which by word association brings me to Brian Simmons. He appears to be out of football. That move to New Orleans really panned out well.

Mike Goff moved to KC and is a starter on their O-line. He was one guy that I liked for his toughness and attitude. I think the team brought Bobby Williams in when Goff was a free agent and signed with SD. Not sure why the team elected not to re-sign him but there might have been an issue or he was asking for too much. Don't really remember.

I am not sure how recent this article is but Peter Warrick is listed on the roster of the Bloomington Extreme of the IFL. It's a shame he got hurt. I think he was just coming into his own in 2003 when got injured.

/>http://www.bloomingtonextreme.com/team/roseter/index.html?player_id=207
/>http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/jun/21/sports/chi-21-peter-warrick-jun21#___1__

GOO TUSKERS!!! I JUST FOUND OUT IMMA TUSKERS FAN!!

GO THURMAN!!! WELCOME BACK TO FOOTBALL BUDDY!

Link to the Tuskers team page.

http://www.ufl-footb...florida_tuskers

And the league must have went to the same fabric store as the Seahawks this past weekend because all four of the teams in the league use some combination of that popsicle-green color, the Carolina Panther blue along with black, grey or white on their unis.

GOO TUSKERS!!! I JUST FOUND OUT IMMA TUSKERS FAN!!

GO THURMAN!!! WELCOME BACK TO FOOTBALL BUDDY!

Link to the Tuskers team page.

http://www.ufl-footb...florida_tuskers

And the league must have went to the same fabric store as the Seahawks this past weekend because all four of the teams in the league use some combination of that popsicle-green color, the Carolina Panther blue along with black, grey or white on their unis.

Oh man this gets even better. Chuck Breshnehan is their LB coach and Al Roberts is their special teams coach................

What is this place, the Island of Misfit Toys or something?