Can the Bengals do us all a favor

volcom69

So I'm listening to a talking head on ESPN yesterday, and the guy said something like...

"It's gotta be tough to be a Bengal fan anyways, but after the last three weeks? Wow."

And I'm sitting there thinking, how could you NOT be a Bengal fan after the last three weeks?

Isn't having your emotions toyed with exactly why we're fans in the first place?

Best, how would you feel right now if you were member of the enlightened revolution and you'd been pulling for them to lose every weekend? How do you deliberately let THIS feeling pass you by?

Who-Freakin-Dey

Please blow out some teams this year, i mean i enjoy all the close games, but im much to young for a heart attack. Three games in a row now that i almost fell over dead because of how close these games have been. So please blow out Clevland this week, and beat the teams you are supposed to by alot!!!! :)

"i almost fell over dead because of how close these games have been"

I almost fell out of my chair lmao because of this line... that's good stuff man.

Bottom line I want a win in Cleveland. If it's 14-10 so be it.

That being said, can we please beat the hell out of these guys?! There isn't anything even remotely hopeful being written about the browns and, after seeing bits of their play, i can understand why. The bengals have proven that they are mentally tougher in difficult situations than any team in recent memory from the queen city -- it's time to prove that's true in games we should win.

There's no reason this game can't be 35-0, and get there quick. We need another opening drive like we had in GB and some dominant D. Hope jumpy and odom can both manage multiple sack days, would love for leon to get a pick and Roy/Rey to light someone up.

This is a really, really significant game for the bengals. :bengal:

Oh trust me ill take a win anyway this team can get it, but i just want to sit back once and say wow the Bengals really dominated today in everyway, so i can sit back and enjoy a nice blowout. Its been awhile since i have see a nice blowout.

I'll take 13 1 point wins from here on out. This winning thing is fun, I look forward to more of the same going on through the season.

If that last game ignites the offense (as it should do with not one but two clutch drives in the 4th Q after having the little momentum changing pick 6 by JJ wiped out by the Steelers - phew this is a long thought) then watch out NFL. We could do some serious damage.

So I'm listening to a talking head on ESPN yesterday, and the guy said something like...

"It's gotta be tough to be a Bengal fan anyways, but after the last three weeks? Wow."

And I'm sitting there thinking, how could you NOT be a Bengal fan after the last three weeks?

Isn't having your emotions toyed with exactly why we're fans in the first place?

Best, how would you feel right now if you were member of the enlightened revolution and you'd been pulling for them to lose every weekend? How do you deliberately let THIS feeling pass you by?

Who-Freakin-Dey

Great post Hair !!! :cheers:

*bump*

So... The come from behind victory against the Steelers was great. But having to do the same thing against Cleveland after leading 14-0 was a little discouraging.

I just don't get this team. I'll take the wins, regardless of how they get it done... but it's confusing. I don't get the offense and how good they look at the end of games compared to how bad they look for the majority of the game. And when I say bad... I mean historically bad. If Palmer wasn't so clutch in the 4th quarter this year, I'd be worried that they were actually worse than last year.

*bump*

So... The come from behind victory against the Steelers was great. But having to do the same thing against Cleveland after leading 14-0 was a little discouraging.

I just don't get this team. I'll take the wins, regardless of how they get it done... but it's confusing. I don't get the offense and how good they look at the end of games compared to how bad they look for the majority of the game. And when I say bad... I mean historically bad. If Palmer wasn't so clutch in the 4th quarter this year, I'd be worried that they were actually worse than last year.

They could be 0-4. Te special teams are doiong what they can to lose games for us.

I dont get why we are running so many timing patterns to Chad and others. We arent connecting on ANY of them. Fade routes are all incomplete. We arent getting open. Carson is rushing his passes and again he is throwing timing patterns which if the timing is off, the pass is not caught. Why not see an open man and throw it to him.

Im glad Scott got mixed in and he showed he will be productive. But I am worried that this come from bihind stuff will go away and the mistakes will catch up to us.

Im giddy that we are 3-1. But does anyone here think this team is making positive strides to get better.

Next week is another huge test. I cant wait,but I hope we can play a little more consistant.

After being up 14-0 yesterday - we had no right to win that game yesterday. The defense saved that game - no question about it.

After being up 14-0 yesterday - we had no right to win that game yesterday. The defense saved that game - no question about it.

STs really put the defense in some bad situations... but this was the first game I was really disappointed in the defensive effort. Very little pass rush, far too many big plays... and bad field position or not, they gave up 20 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

The only positive I can take from it is that they escaped with the win... but hopefully will serve as a spur in their ass.

STs really put the defense in some bad situations... but this was the first game I was really disappointed in the defensive effort. Very little pass rush, far too many big plays... and bad field position or not, they gave up 20 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

The only positive I can take from it is that they escaped with the win... but hopefully will serve as a spur in their ass.

I do agree that the defense had no pressure whatsoever. But they did stiffen up and put 7 points on the board.

Offense=D

Special Teams= F

Defense=B- (but where did pressure go?)

We got the win though. And the Browns best effort.

I do agree that the defense had no pressure whatsoever. But they did stiffen up and put 7 points on the board.

Offense=D

Special Teams= F

A B- for the D?

Harrison, no-name RB = 121 yards rushing (29 carries at 4.1 ypc)

Massaquoi, no-name WR = 148 yards receiving (8 catches averaging 18.5 ypc!)

Anderson = 269 yards and a TD

Maualuga - 1 tackle

The offense was terrible most of the day but "only" had 2 turnovers - yet the defense gave up 20 points to the worst offense in the entire league.

I am not so quick to give them kudos for a bad game. They were extremely average-to-bad yesterday.

That said, if the offense stays on the field longer during the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the defense probably looks a lot better.

Not ragging on the D but it was a true sloppy team effort all-around, is my point. The whole team was just sloppy and undisciplined.

The D did step up in overtime twice, just wish they could've done it earlier.

----------------

...hope they got the crap out of their system, if not, gonna be ugly next week with the Ravens in Baltimore, and them losing to NE.

I don't see any way in hades they win this Sunday. The defense will have to hold the Ravens to 10 points or less, and I don't see that happening.

Offense=D

Special Teams= F

A B- for the D?

Anderson = 269 yards and a TD

Maualuga - 1 tackle

The offense was terrible most of the day but "only" had 2 turnovers - yet the defense gave up 20 points to the worst offense in the entire league.

I am not so quick to give them kudos for a bad game. They were extremely average-to-bad yesterday.

That said, if the offense stays on the field longer during the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the defense probably looks a lot better.

Not ragging on the D but it was a true sloppy team effort all-around, is my point. The whole team was just sloppy and undisciplined.

The D did step up in overtime twice, just wish they could've done it earlier.

----------------

...hope they got the crap out of their system, if not, gonna be ugly next week with the Ravens in Baltimore, and them losing to NE.

I don't see any way in hades they win this Sunday. The defense will have to hold the Ravens to 10 points or less, and I don't see that happening.

lol - Had to give a decent grade somewhere.

But they did bend but didn't break. Between the twenties the browns moved easily. But when it counted the D did their job and once again gave the offense a chance to come back.

Heck - Maybe we woke the Browns up and they play the Steelers tough in the next couple weeks. The Browns can be our friends in our attempt to make the playoffs.

Edwards, all-pro WR = 0 catches, 0 yards receiving on 5 passes

Anderson = 269 yards and a TD with 5.6 YPA and a 68 QB rating

Fixed that up a little for you. Just wanted to paint a little more balanced perspective.

I agree with eveyone here i dont understand this team either, and i dont know who they are yet. Are they good? Are they a bad team with some luck? They always say good teams find a way to win ball games. This is not a complete team yet many holes need to be addressed, and fixed before that, and i think they have that on the team, but its up to the coaches to coach them better. I guess we will find out this week how complete they are.

Are they good?

Yes.

Are they a bad team with some luck?

Yes.

It's funny how quickly we forget that this is normal for the NFL. "Yeah, they're 3-1 but they're five or six plays from 0-4." Well, how many games in years past did the Bengals lose on one or two plays? I could probably dig up about a hundred post-game threads with variations on "except for that 80 yard TD run the D played pretty good" or "if Chad (or Henry or whoever) doesn't drop that pass in the end zone we win."

Heck, if not for that bogus roughing call on Justin, we beat Tampa and make the playoffs in 2006.

When they say the NFL is a game of inches, this is what they mean. And the Bengals finally seem to be learning how to get that last inch. Plenty of work left to do, but they're better than I thought they'd be so far.

For reasons I won't repeat I wasn't posting immediately before or after the Denver game. However, I did watch the game live, and yeah....I experienced the ridiculous end of that game in the same live and totally unprepared way you guys did.

A classic kick to the stones, right?

Anyways, prior to the end of that game the one thought that kept going through my mind was just how high the ceiling is for THIS team, but how unlikely it is we'll see that type of play anytime soon. And we can probably all agree we haven't seen steady predictable play from any unit, despite the fairly impressive won/loss record. But having said all of this, as I watched the Bengal/Bronco opener I kept repeating the same two words throughout the game. Those two words?

Super Bowl.

Not kidding. Then again, yes I am. Because while there were numerous times during that game when I caught glimpses of a team that could win a championship someday...(Not Joking)...there were other times when uttering the words "Super Bowl" were the perfect punchline for an ongoing joke of the sarcastic type.

Figure this team out? Now? Really?

My take. Right now this team is good enough to beat any team in the NFL. It's also just as likely to lose to any team you might care to mention. And I say these things because this team isn't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination....and it's probably not good enough right now to put together a playoff run without stumbling.

But who knows, right? In fact, can any of us really predict what type of team we'll be watching in week eight or twelve?

It's the reason 90% of us still persevere with this whole Bengals thing.

And I thought it was cos we were all Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan, or any French bloke in previous lives!!!!laugh.gif

Just for interest, UK betting has the following odds for Sundays game:-

Ravens to win 2/9

Bengals to win 10/3

(or Bengals with an 8.5point spread at 10/11)