Draft Conversation

BengalPimp

Just me, but I'm in the line of thought that after spending a 3rd last year on Coffman that the Bengals won't spend a #1 on another TE, especially with the new injury issues. There are greater needs by my account, but that is always up for debate. I still think the lines should garner more attention with the first pick if not the safety position. QB ?? Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd used to start the grooming process. Maybe even a 4th, but I don't see it being a 2nd and certainly not a first unless they are thinking Carson is done and I don't think that's the case.

I get the point about system QB's , but looking at what's out there to be had and given the pick to make, I take Colt McCoy and don't think twice.

Just me...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about Chase b/c I haven't seen him, and they sign a guy with a week left named Foschi that plays more than a frickin 3rd round pick!

Colt McCoy won't be there in the 3rd or 4th!

I wouldn't mind another lineman but we have good depth and when our 1st round pick plays, it will be even better. I just don't see a really good lineman as the best player on the board when we pick in the mid 20's.

Coffman will get better in time. He's a great pass catcher, but has little blocking experience and I think the coaches will get him to that point sooner than later, so I can wait on the TE part of things. Yeah, McCoy will be gone by then, but I was speaking generally of who I would want.

As for the O-line, Bobbie is in the last year of his deal and depending on if they view Whit as the long term solution to LT, the LG position could use an upgrade as well, so there's two Guard positions that I would like to see them address with an extension, draft, or both as well.

As for who will be there when we pick, it should be interesting to see. One of the DT's may be there as they are generally viewed as bigger risks and would be nice for us to have...

There is no comparison with Jacory with either Dennis Dickson and JaMarcus Russell! Like you said, pure pocket passer. I actually get mad wondering why he doesn't use his athleticism more a run a little bit.

I agree Pike and Clausen are the cream of the crop this year...easily too!

I haven't heard much about Kenny Phillips other than he's out for year after that huge 2 Int. day vs. the Cowgirls.

We'll have to see later in year what position will be best to draft, but I'm gonna throw this out there and you tell me what you think. With the 20 sumthin pick in the 2010 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Jermaine Gresham, Tight End, out of Oklahoma

Personally, I'd love that pick. He and Coffman together would be scary but then again, as AB says though, we just drafted Coffman so it's unlikely. When he finally gets his blocking sorted out then I'm looking forward to seeing Chase on the field. A nightmare for LBs to cover.

No idea why Jacory doesn't use his legs a little more. Having seen his HS highlights, he didn't even run much back then. He's not terribly quick but quick enough to make it work if needed. I guess his natural instinct is to step up and throw though. With our receivers, I'm happy enough with that.

As it is, I hope the season goes well enough for this to happen, a 20 something pick will give us a lot of options with the added bonus of a very reasonable rookie contract. You'll probably find a decent tackle prospect who could be converted into an awesome guard if he fails to step up to the tackle position at the nuffle level, a DT with good size, a corner with enough speed to provide competition to JJ and Leon and act as a great nickel back, a safety with speed and size or maybe the final piece to our long term LB group. Plenty of options that will help us out and just a BPA available scenario.

Just me, but I'm in the line of thought that after spending a 3rd last year on Coffman that the Bengals won't spend a #1 on another TE, especially with the new injury issues. There are greater needs by my account, but that is always up for debate. I still think the lines should garner more attention with the first pick if not the safety position. QB ?? Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd used to start the grooming process. Maybe even a 4th, but I don't see it being a 2nd and certainly not a first unless they are thinking Carson is done and I don't think that's the case.

I get the point about system QB's , but looking at what's out there to be had and given the pick to make, I take Colt McCoy and don't think twice.

Just me...

Hopefully we won't have to even consider drafting a long terms replacement for Carson for at least 3 or 4 yrs yet so yeah, this all just hypothetical. Good thing too, as most of the QBs coming out this yr seem like Leinart clones. Not bad but a bit meh.

Draft wise, I always like the favour of BPA, preferably linemen on both sides unless we have an obvious need and the BPA available fits that need. Good fronts take you far, even to championships sometimes.

There will be some damn good prospects in 3 or 4 yrs if Forsier and Harris keep improving at there current rate.

There is no comparison with Jacory with either Dennis Dickson and JaMarcus Russell! Like you said, pure pocket passer. I actually get mad wondering why he doesn't use his athleticism more a run a little bit.

I agree Pike and Clausen are the cream of the crop this year...easily too!

I haven't heard much about Kenny Phillips other than he's out for year after that huge 2 Int. day vs. the Cowgirls.

We'll have to see later in year what position will be best to draft, but I'm gonna throw this out there and you tell me what you think. With the 20 sumthin pick in the 2010 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Jermaine Gresham, Tight End, out of Oklahoma

Personally, I'd love that pick. He and Coffman together would be scary but then again, as AB says though, we just drafted Coffman so it's unlikely. When he finally gets his blocking sorted out then I'm looking forward to seeing Chase on the field. A nightmare for LBs to cover.

No idea why Jacory doesn't use his legs a little more. Having seen his HS highlights, he didn't even run much back then. He's not terribly quick but quick enough to make it work if needed. I guess his natural instinct is to step up and throw though. With our receivers, I'm happy enough with that.

As it is, I hope the season goes well enough for this to happen, a 20 something pick will give us a lot of options with the added bonus of a very reasonable rookie contract. You'll probably find a decent tackle prospect who could be converted into an awesome guard if he fails to step up to the tackle position at the nuffle level, a DT with good size, a corner with enough speed to provide competition to JJ and Leon and act as a great nickel back, a safety with speed and size or maybe the final piece to our long term LB group. Plenty of options that will help us out and just a BPA available scenario.

I agree, that Chase will be good when he improves his blocking, but give him a chance! He must be the matador in practice if he can't even be active on gameday!

Jacory has the right mindset to be a great pro QB, pocket first then...well I haven't seen him have to run so I'll wait n see what he does when he has to! B)

I could dig the tackle position to better improve our already good O'Line, that's just my problem, they're already good to me and we don't even have our gamechanging 1st round OT yet. I would want a DT to start next to Peko and make our rotation better, I could see Gerald McCoy, DT, OU, Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska, and/or Terrence "Mount" Cody, DT, ‘Bama being available when we pick and would gladly take any of the 3 to upgrade our DT rotation. I've already said my peace with the 2 safeties and would gladly take either of them. The corner position def. needs an upgrade after Leon and JJ but it doesn't have to be another 1st round pick. I agree with the LB position but only if Dhani's contract is up after this year which I think it is, moving Rey back to the middle for the next decade. Whoo, I can't wait!

The dude from Nebraska - good call. Saw him play a couple of weeks back. I'm not sure I've ever seen a defensive player in so many plays in so much of the field as that guy. Big and scarily fast. Not fast for a big guy either but just plain quick.

As for Chase - yeah, I know. Got to be having major problems picking up blitzes and reads not to be even active gameday with his passing catching ability. Most WRs have a yr's grace with route running etc though so I guess we'll just have to be patient with a mid rnd TE and his blocking ability. Chad, Coles, Caldwell, Henry and Coffman. Outstanding potential.

My only question is, hopefully we plan on moving Rey back to the middle when its time for him to take over! I love Dhani, and understand that moving Rey outside for this year was the best way to get him on the field sooner with our top 3 linebackers playing but Dhani, while smart can't go sideline to sideline anymore...so it will be interesting to see what we do. My money is on moving Rey back to the middle and have him and Rivers next to each other for the next 10 years, but I pose this, what if Brandon Spikes is available when we draft? We can keep Maualuga outside and put the stud Spikes in the middle to complete the corps...my only problem is that's not our biggest need but might be best player available!

Eric Berry or another USC alumni in Mays to complete our pro USC defense! Sorry, I know we mention that already but I just like the thought of it!

Its soooo far away but draft talk is awesome!

I LOVE THE DRAFT TALK !!!

Anyway, the way I see this team is that we are finally to a point where we don't need to draft a player to be that piece makes everything else work. Said another way ?? We can draft for depth. This is what makes other teams great for long periods of time and having good drafts like this past one will help continue in that direction.

There will be a lot to consider outside the two lines as well. There are the players brought in or are in their last year of their contracts. (Roy, Bobbie, Tank, Cook, Henry, etc) that are either going to get new deals or extended. Then there are those that are headed into their last year in 2010 and with the confusion surrounding the CBA, you would think the team is going to need to start drafting replacements. The WR corps, while deep now, could deminish quickly and if Simpson doesn't develop, the WR corps could be in trouble, so this could also be a targeted position.

I'll change the title of this thread to reflect current conversation....

I LOVE THE DRAFT TALK !!!

Anyway, the way I see this team is that we are finally to a point where we don't need to draft a player to be that piece makes everything else work. Said another way ?? We can draft for depth. This is what makes other teams great for long periods of time and having good drafts like this past one will help continue in that direction.

There will be a lot to consider outside the two lines as well. There are the players brought in or are in their last year of their contracts. (Roy, Bobbie, Tank, Cook, Henry, etc) that are either going to get new deals or extended. Then there are those that are headed into their last year in 2010 and with the confusion surrounding the CBA, you would think the team is going to need to start drafting replacements. The WR corps, while deep now, could deminish quickly and if Simpson doesn't develop, the WR corps could be in trouble, so this could also be a targeted position.

I'll change the title of this thread to reflect current conversation....

I agree, but I don't think they can justify drafting a Wide Reciever early! But, I do agree it could go bad really fast! :unsure: I think Dez Bryant and Arrelious Benn will both be gone so I think its a moo point!

My only question is, hopefully we plan on moving Rey back to the middle when its time for him to take over! I love Dhani, and understand that moving Rey outside for this year was the best way to get him on the field sooner with our top 3 linebackers playing but Dhani, while smart can't go sideline to sideline anymore...so it will be interesting to see what we do. My money is on moving Rey back to the middle and have him and Rivers next to each other for the next 10 years, but I pose this, what if Brandon Spikes is available when we draft? We can keep Maualuga outside and put the stud Spikes in the middle to complete the corps...my only problem is that's not our biggest need but might be best player available!

Eric Berry or another USC alumni in Mays to complete our pro USC defense! Sorry, I know we mention that already but I just like the thought of it!

Its soooo far away but draft talk is awesome!

Holy crap with Brandon Spikes. If he's there at 20 something along with one of the safeties - my head will explode. Rivers-Spikes-Rey. BRUTAL. The Bengals will probably decide to make us all happy/depressed by going with another position altogether. All depends if they go offensive line or not. I suspect AB might have hit the nail on the head earlier. We have two good long term DTs in Peko and Sims. I guess if Tank plays lights out he stays or if they think they can improve there with a beast they might go with a DT. We need a good rotation in the 4-3. Would help everything else on our improving D work better.

Man, I don't mind that much really. There's some real talent coming out next yr. Maybe not a vintage draft class but plenty of quality in a few positions.

I don't think early is good either for WR, but once you get to a point where you are drafting for depth or replacement, those areas may end up looking like a bigger priority than one may think. When contracts expiring or getting extended come into play, things can change quickly.

Would DT or safety in the 1st, O-line in the 2nd, and a WR in the 3rd really surprise people that much ??

Lets say:

Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama

Marshawn Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati (yeah, I wouldn't mind it in the 3rd)

I'm just throwing stuff out there to give thought to the process...

Also, right now - stay away from the WRs and RBs early. No real talent there, just my uninformed opinion. Wait until after next season when Ced most likely leaves then go for [homer hat on]Craig Cooper in the 2nd/3rd[/homer hat on]

But yes, best player available. 20-something is a great position to draft if we do fall in that bracket. BPA available all the way.

I don't think early is good either for WR, but once you get to a point where you are drafting for depth or replacement, those areas may end up looking like a bigger priority than one may think. When contracts expiring or getting extended come into play, things can change quickly.

Would DT or safety in the 1st, O-line in the 2nd, and a WR in the 3rd really surprise people that much ??

Lets say:

Gilyard would be most welcome, especially in the 3rd. He would do what we drafted Simpson to do - run quickly down the field in a straight line and catch the ball. If he's there in the 3rd then the Gods are smiling on us.

That trio wouldn't surprise tbh. It wouldn't disappoint me either.

Lets say:

Gilyard would be most welcome, especially in the 3rd. He would do what we drafted Simpson to do - run quickly down the field in a straight line and catch the ball. If he's there in the 3rd then the Gods are smiling on us.

That trio wouldn't surprise tbh. It wouldn't disappoint me either.

I would love to have Mount Cody, that's why we tried to trade for Shaun Rogers...does anybody else remember that? Man that would've been killer!

Anywho, I thought it was Mardy Gilyard? He's awesome but he'll go in at least the 2nd.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know who Mike Johnson is...I would draft the Giant from LSU, Herman Johnson, he's like 6'9 350lbs. That will move some people!

I thought his name was Graig Cooper? But, yeah he's awesome, maybe the most important player besides Jacory...he's better than the Edge's nephew.

Does anybody else want Trindon Holliday outta LSU? He's like Darren Sproles!

Top 6 Needs imo and few thoughts.

Biggest 5 Needs IMO

1.)OG-is Manthis or Livings a long term answer? Bobbie Williams is a 10 year vet who seems to be going downhill...Will Shirly Or Roland turn out to be starting caliber guard?Or do we kick whitworth inside and draft a LT?

2.)SLB-Rey goes inside next year so we need someone to replace him...Rashad is a FA Brandon is WLB & FA...Any thoughts if Keith Moving to Strong and resigning Brandon to play weak? Or Keeping Jeanty? Or Drafting Rookie who sits behind Dhani for a year?

3.)Defensive End-Our Passrush Improved but still isn't the best...Maybe draft a End to have another young body with MJ?

4.)Safety-Do we Resign Roy? Even if we do we could use someone to develop behind Crocker as his future replacement

5.)Defensive Tackle-Can we keep tank for reasonable Price? Even if we lose Tank I like Peko & Sims but having strong rotation is important...

But Tank isn't that old so I really wouldn't mind resigning him atm...

6.)Cornerback-Jjoes foot still seems to be bothering him so I wouldn't mind burning 2nd-4th Rounder as a Nickle Corner/depth

PS,Next years Freeagents pretty strong class among we'll be losing quite few players if they aren't resigned

Jahri Evans OG

Daryn Colledge OG

Tony Scheffler TE

Owen Daniels TE

Anthony Fasano Young Balanced TE someone Marvin was suppossed to really like

Big DT's

Vince Wilfork DT

Casey Hampton DT

Richard Seymour DT

Karlos Dansby SLB (would be a dream)

Ellis Hobbs CB

Marlin Jackson CB

Leigh Bodden CB

Stephen Gostkowski K Young Kicker who can kick in bad weather

Few players I thought it would be nice picking up 1 or 2 of them,But doubtful >-<

Top 6 Needs imo and few thoughts.

Biggest 5 Needs IMO

1.)OG-is Manthis or Livings a long term answer? Bobbie Williams is a 10 year vet who seems to be going downhill...Will Shirly Or Roland turn out to be starting caliber guard?Or do we kick whitworth inside and draft a LT?

2.)SLB-Rey goes inside next year so we need someone to replace him...Rashad is a FA Brandon is WLB & FA...Any thoughts if Keith Moving to Strong and resigning Brandon to play weak? Or Keeping Jeanty? Or Drafting Rookie who sits behind Dhani for a year?

3.)Defensive End-Our Passrush Improved but still isn't the best...Maybe draft a End to have another young body with MJ?

4.)Safety-Do we Resign Roy? Even if we do we could use someone to develop behind Crocker as his future replacement

5.)Defensive Tackle-Can we keep tank for reasonable Price? Even if we lose Tank I like Peko & Sims but having strong rotation is important...

But Tank isn't that old so I really wouldn't mind resigning him atm...

6.)Cornerback-Jjoes foot still seems to be bothering him so I wouldn't mind burning 2nd-4th Rounder as a Nickle Corner/depth

PS,Next years Freeagents pretty strong class among we'll be losing quite few players if they aren't resigned

Jahri Evans OG

Daryn Colledge OG

Tony Scheffler TE

Owen Daniels TE

Anthony Fasano Young Balanced TE someone Marvin was suppossed to really like

Big DT's

Vince Wilfork DT

Casey Hampton DT

Richard Seymour DT

Karlos Dansby SLB (would be a dream)

Ellis Hobbs CB

Marlin Jackson CB

Leigh Bodden CB

Stephen Gostkowski K Young Kicker who can kick in bad weather

Few players I thought it would be nice picking up 1 or 2 of them,But doubtful >-<

Are these needs in order?

1. Guard- I agree, biggest need by far, but no need to sign one when you can draft the best guard in college football in the 2nd round.

2. SLB- I don't know if Dhani's contract ends after this season or if he has one more year left but either way I move Rey inside to start his career where he'll be for the next 10 years. If Dhani has more more year left, I would move him outside if no better options. Absolutely not to moving Rivers outta his spot. I think we'll resign Brandon and/or Jeanty. Brandon Johnson is awesome, the dude always makes plays. This isn't the highest priority for me.

3. Def. End- Maybe the lowest need, I wouldn't mind another great prospect in the later rounds. I don't forsee Frostee returning next year.

4. Safety- I easily resign Roy right now! He brings a toughness and a swagger to this defense(along with others). I actually think Crocker has easily been worse in coverage so far. If Mays/Berry are there then I draft them without blinking, but I wouldn't mind Major Wright for the future.

5. Def. Tackle- Easily the second biggest need, but I do agree about Tank. He's resignable, but I wouldn't mind upgrading either through the first round or free agency but I don't see big money being spent again! Gawd, I hope they iron out a new bargaining agreement. Gerald McCoy won't be there for us, and I'm not sure about the others draft stock just yet.

6. Corner- I think this has to be taken seriously, with JJoe having 2 years left on his contract, but I don't know about another 1st round pick. I agree, maybe drafting in the 2nd round to start right away at nickel and being able to start if we don't resign JJoe.

As for the free agents:

Jahri Evans OG- I'd rather draft one

Daryn Colledge OG- He's the one that Antwan Odom abused for 3 sacks, no thank you

Tony Scheffler TE- I'd like any of the 3

Owen Daniels TE- Easily a Top 10 Tight End, I doubt the Texans let him get away

Anthony Fasano TE- I could see us signing him but prob. won't

Vince Wilfork DT- I love it, but they traded Dick Seymour so they can resign this guy, they won't let him leave

Casey Hampton DT- Can you imagine if we signed this guy? I would frickin love it, doubt it, but would love it

Richard Seymour DT- Would be my top free agent target, can play all 4 line spots.

Karlos Dansby SLB- Naw, I'll pass, there's no need to spend that much money on that position

Ellis Hobbs CB- Nickel back and return man with starting experience, I would take him in a heartbeat

Marlin Jackson CB- No thanks, good player but often injured and prob. wants to start, solid tackler though

Leigh Bodden CB- Absolutely not, he's alright but way overhyped b/c of the couple games he played against Chad

Stephen Gostkowski K- 2nd highest priority in my opinion depending on moolah, but I don't sign Graham at all. I already know we'll let Shayne walk and bring Sam Swank back next year to be the kicker, book it!

I would love to have Mount Cody, that's why we tried to trade for Shaun Rogers...does anybody else remember that? Man that would've been killer!

Anywho, I thought it was Mardy Gilyard? He's awesome but he'll go in at least the 2nd.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know who Mike Johnson is...I would draft the Giant from LSU, Herman Johnson, he's like 6'9 350lbs. That will move some people!

I thought his name was Graig Cooper? But, yeah he's awesome, maybe the most important player besides Jacory...he's better than the Edge's nephew.

Does anybody else want Trindon Holliday outta LSU? He's like Darren Sproles!

True about Cody. Run through that bitches! I'm not aware of Mike Johnson either but an O-lineman wouldn't surprise me. I'll try and catch the LSU game this weekend and look out for both those players.

You're right, it is Graig. Brain fart on my part. He'll most likely be a low first rounder or high second rounder when he declares anyway but I would be happy on many levels to see him in stripes. There are a few very promising freshman and sophomore RBs right now though so who knows what will happen in 2 or 3 yrs. I just hope the poor guy has better luck than Kenny Irons when we draft him.

End may not be very big need depending on play over next 13 games but, with how important passrush is never can have enough passrushing ends.

Daryn Colledge OG- He's the one that Antwan Odom abused for 3 sacks, no thank you

He was Injured and moved to LT...before Odom abusing he was considered very good LG.

2.)

2. SLB- I don't know if Dhani's contract ends after this season or if he has one more year left but either way I move Rey inside to start his career where he'll be for the next 10 years. If Dhani has more more year left, I would move him outside if no better options. Absolutely not to moving Rivers outta his spot. I think we'll resign Brandon and/or Jeanty. Brandon Johnson is awesome, the dude always makes plays. This isn't the highest priority for me.

Dhani has 1 more year left after this one,But I do have mixed feelings about him at SLB...Smart Savvy Vet but isn't adding much in the way of blitzing so may as well resign Rashad...Then let Dhani be Depth his final year...

Anyone think Brandon Spikes could move to SLB? ^_^

I would draft the Giant from LSU, Herman Johnson, he's like 6'9 350lbs. That will move some people

atm he's 6'7 380 and playing for the Arizona Cardinals :P

End may not be very big need depending on play over next 13 games but, with how important passrush is never can have enough passrushing ends.

He was Injured and moved to LT...before Odom abusing he was considered very good LG.

2.)

Dhani has 1 more year left after this one,But I do have mixed feelings about him at SLB...Smart Savvy Vet but isn't adding much in the way of blitzing so may as well resign Rashad...Then let Dhani be Depth his final year...

Anyone think Brandon Spikes could move to SLB? ^_^

I would draft the Giant from LSU, Herman Johnson, he's like 6'9 350lbs. That will move some people

atm he's 6'7 380 and playing for the Arizona Cardinals :P

Good looking about the Herman Johnson thing, my bad! :blush:

Being a die hard Gator 4 Life, Brandon Spikes can do whatever he wants and I've heard people projecting as an outside linebacker in either a 34 or 43 with the abilities to rush off the edge. Myself, I'd keep him in the middle with his intangibles, leadership, and instincts.

I read today that College gave up 4 of Odom's sacks!

Lordy, I'm not sure if Spikes even falls below the top 15. I think Berry will be the first safety taken as well, for some reason. If we get the closest thing to Sean Taylor since #26 to come out at the safety position (size of a LB, speed of a corner, well a slow corner at least) in Mays sitting there then I still go with him. Would finish off our D perfectly. A force in the deep middle and would help our corners in coverage and linemen in getting coverage sacks.

There was, however, a good safety I saw this weekend. Only thing is I can't remember what game it was so I can't look our for him in the future. He might be a good pickup in the middle/late rounds at safety. Leaving able to go with whoever else in the top three rnds. Yep, a useless paragraph. My apologies. I'll rack my brains for the guy. He looked solid. Not a wow athlete but a smart player who can read the game.

What are your thoughts on Major Wright (just an awesome name for a football player right there) Supa?

Also, slight tangent but I think I mentioned Auburn earlier in this or another thread. I'm still impressed with them. Solid solid team. It's probably why they're getting virtually no props from the meeja. College football is all about individual talents but they have a real team.

17th in the polls is a bit of a joke.

Also, slight tangent but I think I mentioned Auburn earlier in this or another thread. I'm still impressed with them. Solid solid team. It's probably why they're getting virtually no props from the meeja. College football is all about individual talents but they have a real team.

17th in the polls is a bit of a joke.

Agreed, very underrated!

Major Wright(agreed, very badass name)can bring the wood! I think he is the 3rd best safety in the class, maybe a 2nd round or 3rd, only time will tell!

I would finally disagree with you for once about drafting a safety late! We've done that it seems nearly every draft, with little to nothing to show for it besides Duke Nukem! I would rather sign Roy back than draft someone late, if we draft a real difference maker early then I prob. would still want to sign him back!

I agree with you that my boi BSpikes will go in the Top 15 to 20 range. Eric Berry will be the first safety taken unless the Raiders have a Top 3 pick then Taylor Mays will go b4 Berry! I think both of them will go in the Top 10.

I honestly have no idea what were going to draft! I would spend our first rounder on a Gawd damn long snapper if it means the end of St. Whois! :P

I've seen a lot of names in this thread that I love...

- I would kill to get Eric Berry on this team. I like Taylor Mays a lot, but I think Eric Berry is that Ed Reed type of game changer that doesn't come around often. I would love to bring in Major Wright too. He's a big hitter and would bring even more physicality to the D, and he could be had later on in the draft than Mays or Berry.

- Bringing in Brandon Spikes as a SAM sounds sweeeeet. Rey, Rivers and Spikes in the same linebacking corps? That. Sounds. Terrifying. Honestly, even if Spikes is going to stay in the middle, why not just draft Spikes to play MLB and keep Rey at SAM? That sounds like a backer corps with the potential to be one of the most exciting... ever. Imagine drafting Spikes and Wright? Wow, I would love that. Sean Witherspoon (Mizzou), Sergio Kindle (Texas) and Dekoda Watson (Florida St) would be good options too in my opinion.

- I think we need a nickel corner pretty badly, but I don't really know of any off hand that jump out at me. I'm thinking a guy in the third or fourth round could do the job.

- Guard, as has been stated, is still probably the biggest area of need on the team, I just love defensive guys. I think we might be able to afford taking a new defensive weapon in the first and getting better value on a guard in the second or third, possibly on a guy like Sergio Render (Va Tech) or Vladimir Ducasse (UMass) would be good options.

- Just food for thought: Why not take a flyer on a great return man like Trindon Holliday or Brandon James?