Draft Conversation

BengalPimp

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to be crazy NOT to want Mays. I think it may be more of a risk if we were sitting in the top ten, but if he were to somehow fall to us at #21, we would be dumb to pass him up. Even with all the recent talk of him being a liability in coverage, I don't think he will fall that far after people get a look at him at the combine.

I'm sure there will be some teams that will look for him to possibly make a switch to LB as well.

You would have to be crazy NOT to want Mays. I think it may be more of a risk if we were sitting in the top ten, but if he were to somehow fall to us at #21, we would be dumb to pass him up. Even with all the recent talk of him being a liability in coverage, I don't think he will fall that far after people get a look at him at the combine.

I'm sure there will be some teams that will look for him to possibly make a switch to LB as well.

I agree. Mays would almost complete the young core of this D. Yeah, ppl will trash Mays as a liability but will jump on his bandwagon after his freakish combine numbers. You're prob. right that ppl will want to move him to LB like the Panthers did with Thomas Howard years ago.

Liability in coverage pfft,not when you put the fear of god in the other teams Wide Receivers that their gonna get knocked out if they touch a ball hehe.Like that hit didn't look like he was trying to attack the guy with his helmet just Wide Receiver Happen to go low where Mays thought he may have been going high...either way the Force Generated from clip 1:00-1:01 is freakish :|

PS,So who would be up for jumping the Seahawks who need safety help? :P

Mays falling to 21 - I'd go with him. Yes, he looked stiff most of the yr and yes he was a little bit of a liability in coverage but he was carrying an injury most of the time and SC lost a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball last yr so it's not as if it's all on him.

If he is even only a shadow of ST in terms of being a disruptive force in the secondary then why the hell wouldn't you take the gamble at 21? He has all the physical tools to be just as good as ST in that role too. Mentally, I dunno but ST was hardly Einstein and he did fine.

Plus, as Army says, no doubt some teams will just look at his size and think - LB in waiting. Stupid and incorrect but hopefully that lack of knowing what the f**k he is (which is a safety all day and every day) cause him to slip a little further.

He won't though, bar him blowing a hammy out during the combine or something, he's still gone before the top 20, probably top 15. I'll keep everything crossed though.

Mays falling to 21 - I'd go with him. Yes, he looked stiff most of the yr and yes he was a little bit of a liability in coverage but he was carrying an injury most of the time and SC lost a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball last yr so it's not as if it's all on him.

If he is even only a shadow of ST in terms of being a disruptive force in the secondary then why the hell wouldn't you take the gamble at 21? He has all the physical tools to be just as good as ST in that role too. Mentally, I dunno but ST was hardly Einstein and he did fine.

Plus, as Army says, no doubt some teams will just look at his size and think - LB in waiting. Stupid and incorrect but hopefully that lack of knowing what the f**k he is (which is a safety all day and every day) cause him to slip a little further.

He won't though, bar him blowing a hammy out during the combine or something, he's still gone before the top 20, probably top 15. I'll keep everything crossed though.

Ya I don't see him getting past 14,Seahawks need DB's and he'd be returning not only to his highschool area but also to pete Carrol...Some how if Seahawks didn't take him then theres trio of teams that could use a Safety in 49ers,Falcons & Texans...With that being said I wouldn't complain if they traded up.... ^_^ maybe get some team who will do it for nothing like the browns.