Final Thoughts on the game? Packers

Kazkal

Things I loved:

Odom and 5 sacks. He made the Packers pay when their starting LT left the game and was a major part of the win today.

Quan Cosby and his punt returns. I wonder if Marvin still doesn't care as long as they don't fumble ??

Carson. He falls in both areas, but is here, because he overcame the mistakes he made and was still able to lead and put points on the board.

Huber. Watch his control on kicks and his ability to directional kick. It's just sick and I'm loving what he does for field position.

Roy Williams. Was good in pass protection and brought some bone rattling hits that are quickly giving the defense some swagger.

Benson was a monster in the mode of Rudi in '05, being able to carry a game.

Things I didn't love:

The holy sh*t me to tears, endless amount of penalties. THIS HAS TO FREAKIN' END. Really bad in the redzone as well. That will kill them.

Carson. Yeah, those two picks, one for a TD, were just VERY poor decisions.

The referees. A ton of calls and to top it off, missed ones.

Overall, it just goes to show this team isn't as bad as some want to paint it. Let's just be happy and hope Marvin gets them focused for next week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another guy who i thought had a great game was Mathis filling in for Livings, i thought Mathis did a great job today, and even A. Collins had a great game today. The defense is still alittle bit away from being scary, but they did good today. Palmer was alittle scary at times, but made up for it so im not really sure what to think of him at this point, but i think he'll back to normal pretty soon.

Mathis looked good kinda made me wonder why Livings is starting ahead of him...

Roland coming in as a "tackle-eligible" and an extra O-liner was a key wrinkle to the offense. Helped spring Benson.

Damn army you made me feel bad because I forgot special team props...

Cosby-The guy isn't a burner but hes a brainy returner who waits for blocks to happen and just makes things happen...Its nice having a punt returner who actually is a threat

Huber-Probowl rookie punter? I get sad when he comes on the field because the drive failed but I'm so glad its not Larson because Huber is pinning teams and showing why its important to have a good punter.

Odom and 5 sacks. He made the Packers pay when their starting LT left the game and was a major part of the win today.

Nice thing was 2-3 of them did come from their starting LT who is a good player...injury happened and sacks just kept coming.

I was shouting conspiracy towards the end of the game. If anyone watches a replay notice how atrocious the holding was from the GB o-line the entire second half and we didn't get one holding call. Just atrocious. Geathers was getting tackled out there.

You take away those two picks and this was a dominating beat down by the bengals. Bring on the steelers!

I was shouting conspiracy towards the end of the game. If anyone watches a replay notice how atrocious the holding was from the GB o-line the entire second half and we didn't get one holding call. Just atrocious. Geathers was getting tackled out there.

You take away those two picks and this was a dominating beat down by the bengals. Bring on the steelers!

They had to give it to them they didn't want Odom to have 15 sacks ^_^

Another guy who i thought had a great game was Mathis filling in for Livings, i thought Mathis did a great job today, and even A. Collins had a great game today. The defense is still alittle bit away from being scary, but they did good today. Palmer was alittle scary at times, but made up for it so im not really sure what to think of him at this point, but i think he'll back to normal pretty soon.

Roland coming in as a "tackle-eligible" and an extra O-liner was a key wrinkle to the offense. Helped spring Benson.

yep, Roland can move people.

Maualuga is the pick of this draft, did you see him forcing fumbles creating opportunities and the guy is just going to get better, no brainer defensive rookie of the year so far IMHO. But it is nice to be having this argument instead of talking about which rookies stink the least.

As Bengal fans we have to realize that until the media gets on the bandwagon (which will start this week) we will get no good analyzation of our team from national pundits. This team is good. Palmer is rusty, but he is getting better and better. The penalties are killing us. That too should improve with cohesiveness. I thought the Bengals answered the bell and we're going to win next week. The Steelers have that huge SB win hangover which will kill them. It's the Bengals/Ravens!

As Bengal fans we have to realize that until the media gets on the bandwagon (which will start this week) we will get no good analyzation of our team from national pundits.

Yes.

This team is good. Palmer is rusty, but he is getting better and better. The penalties are killing us. That too should improve with cohesiveness.

Yes.

I thought the Bengals answered the bell and we're going to win next week. The Steelers have that huge SB win hangover which will kill them. It's the Bengals/Ravens!

One can hope. Who-dey!

As Bengal fans we have to realize that until the media gets on the bandwagon (which will start this week) we will get no good analyzation of our team from national pundits.

At least Chris Berman is talking about Cincinnati in a different tone of voice.

At least Chris Berman is talking about Cincinnati in a different tone of voice.

"shocked" and he didn't call us bungles 15 times?

Still wanna see Roland start on this line, everytime he is in there are holes everywhere to run through.

Still wanna see Roland start on this line, everytime he is in there are holes everywhere to run through.

By the end of the year I think A. Smith will be starting at RT and Roland will be starting at RG.

Yeah, Williams is on borrowed time...

One giant difference in this team is the physical aspect. How many years did we put up with teams that were undeniably soft, and would get abused by NFC North teams?

Now look at them. They play a physical, punishing style which is a pleasure to cheer for.

First quarter, Ced knocked a safety back about 3 yards with a shoulder blow. Later Roy Williams knocked a pass loose with a big hit, then in the 4th he knocked that Green Bay receiver's teeth loose.

Surely teams know they're in for a physical battle when they play the Bengals this year.

By the end of the year I think A. Smith will be starting at RT and Roland will be starting at RG.

Yeah, Williams is on borrowed time...

Hopefully Roland is a Knee Bender because he's a freaking mountain at 6'9

PS,Whats this Hooiser by implying that Andre will be starting by the end of the season that your looking forward to him playing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? ^_^

PS,Whats this Hooiser by implying that Andre will be starting by the end of the season that your looking forward to him playing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? ^_^

Yup, 'cause Andrew "holding call" Whitworth will be back at LG so we'll need Collins at LT where he kicked Jones' butt last year.

Collins-Whit-Cook-Roland-Smith. You good with that? :lol:

Yup, 'cause Andrew "holding call" Whitworth will be back at LG so we'll need Collins at LT where he kicked Jones' butt last year.

sounds ok to me. Collins is simply overwhelmed at RT. Get Roland coached up, Williams will be gone next year.

Mathis actually looked solid as well.

Kudos to Carson who other than 3 bad passes, 2 ints and 1 bad tip bounced back and played amazing in the second half. He will be fine.

I love thee way Cedric Benson runs. He is so patient picking his hole, then is shot out like a cannon ball bouncing off people.

Coles had a nice bounce back game. His numbers werent amazing, but he did all the little things that so many people complain the Bengals dont do.

Great game by the offensive line run blocking. Whitworth struggled a bit but other than that they worked great as a unit.

The front seven on this defense played amazing. All over the packers run game, pressuring the quarterback.

Strong special teams until the onsides kick.

I have to say, through 2 games, what I may be the most impressed with, the play of Leon Hall and Jonathon Joseph. We havent heard thier name that much, but thats because they have been keeping the ball out of WR hands.

1st game Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal 6 catches for 45 yards

2nd game Donald Driver and Greg Jennings combined 6 cathes 99 yds and 1 td

Those are 2 great recieving tandems and they have been shut down nicely.

So... I'll probably take some heat for this, but I'll say it anyway. I went back on my DVR and rewatched the game, and was very impressed with Brat's playcalling.

One thing he had going for him was that the running game was working... and that made his job easier, but you have to give credit where it's due. Brat mixed it up well, especially when the offense was shooting itself in the foot with penalties. I'd like to point out two plays that stuck out to me as great calls at the right time.

The screen pass to Coats was a play that was not likely designed to get a first down in that situation, but it worked... So that's just a bonus. It was 3rd and 30 something deep in their own side of the field. It was a play designed to get some yardage for field position in the punting game. Why do I think it was a great call? 1) Coats is mostly a blocking TE, so it's unexpected; 2) it's a high percentage play likely to result in a good chunk of yardage in that situation, helping Huber out; and 3) it wasn't that supid shovel pass he always called in those situations in the past. Unpredictable and effective!

The flea flicker also was great because it was trick play. Most of Brat's shortcomings are his predictability. He rarely uses trick plays, and has his favorite plays in certain situations that we've all learned to guess when they're coming. But today he had the running game working, the play action was working, but why not kick it up a notch and take real advantage of GB stacking the box? I love it.

It's the opposite of what we've come to expect from Brat, and he deserves to be praised for calling a very good game.

I could live with that aslong as carson can see over it heh,My main concerns with Collins has been run blocking so be much happier with him on left then right...But just matter if he's actually better tackle then whitworth who yes held 2 holding calls but :P those refs were trigger happy.