Final Thoughts on the game now that it's over?

Kazkal

this has been explained already so many times. Zimmer had them in a short zone cover 2. The play on that is for the DB to go for the ball and the safeties to go for the receiver. They had used this nickel coverage all day and shut them down with it. They did exactly the right thing. if they had been in a 2 deep prevent and thrown to 20 yarders, you'd be here complaining that they didn't press coverage and let them get away with an easy 52 yard field goal.

Maybe its just hard because how the ball tipped but I just watched clip 5 times of the catch and all I could think is like god why would crocker abandon Stokley when Williams was was already going to hit Marshal.....Stokes was in the area protect encase of a tip : /....But like Army said it's over and sunday can't get here soon enough be happy to get a W from the cheese heads which are a media favorite.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A killer instinct remains AWOL on this team, and that is the part that I kinda lay at Palmer's feet. A team takes its cues from its leaders, and he is this team's leader. They need him to take the game by the short-hairs and pull, and do so throughout.

Two points. First, I agree this team lacks a killer instinct. In fact, while watching the game I repeatedly thought back to the postgame meltdown Marvin delivered after the preseason loss to the Saints. Paraphrased, it went something like..."If you let a team keep hanging around....any NFL team will find a way to kick your ass. So ask yourself, who are you going to beat playing like that?"

Finally, I have to disagree about Palmer lacking the killer instinct. In fact, it's about the only positive thing he demonstrated against the Broncos, and under any other circumstance we might be discussing the latest game winning drive Palmer has produced....instead of his latest underwhelming overall performance.

Hair, I am certainly not shorting Palmer on the last drive (see my defense of same in the Palmer must go thread). I am talking more globally. I would like to see Carson put his foot down on this team's throat and yank it to the win ahead of the need for the last drive heroics. Those failings I do kinda lay at his feet.

Maybe, just maybe. If us Bengal fans would change our s**tty here we go again attitude it would catch on. You think Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, NY fans turn on their teams so fast? It's bulls**t to assume we'll suck again because of 1 play. The Bengals will be fine. Just a crap loss!

Oh no doubt man it was heart breaking loss but I still like what I saw in the team today and hopes are high for greenbay...Hoping they have even bigger chip next week and stick it to them packers ;)

Well I know the Cowboy fans turn on their team I've been in Dallas three times this week and they are wearing out those Cowboys on talk radio here. And they won Geeez I'd hate to hear it if they lost

Hair, I am certainly not shorting Palmer on the last drive (see my defense of same in the Palmer must go thread). I am talking more globally. I would like to see Carson put his foot down on this team's throat and yank it to the win ahead of the need for the last drive heroics. Those failings I do kinda lay at his feet.

And there's the proverbial rub...because players who prefer to lead by example can't lead at all when they're not playing well.

Unlike Pong I don't think there's anything wrong with Palmer that a few more reps won't cure, but by the same token I know from experience it's impossible to put your foot down when you're busy making your share of mistakes.

Nutshelled, I'd say Palmer needs to step up his play, not his rhetoric. Besides, I felt HardKnocks proved Marvin Lewis is ideed the fiery disciplinarian most feel this team craves, yet time and time again we see evidence of his players failing to grasp the lesson, or more importantly....take individual ownership of their team and it's fate.

Maybe, just maybe. If us Bengal fans would change our s**tty here we go again attitude it would catch on. You think Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, NY fans turn on their teams so fast? It's bulls**t to assume we'll suck again because of 1 play. The Bengals will be fine. Just a crap loss!

Oh no doubt man it was heart breaking loss but I still like what I saw in the team today and hopes are high for greenbay...Hoping they have even bigger chip next week and stick it to them packers ;)

Well I know the Cowboy fans turn on their team I've been in Dallas three times this week and they are wearing out those Cowboys on talk radio here. And they won Geeez I'd hate to hear it if they lost

Oh man, I can see Indy and GB fans being more patient but Pittsburgh fans are terrible when their team is struggling. Remember 2006 when they started 2-6? Bill Cowher was the anti-Christ. NY fans are the worst. Everything is a catastrophe. Everything. Dallas fans are not much better. So my answer is yes, the majority of NFL fans would be highly critical of their team if they lost at home to a Kyle Orton-one finger-led Bronco team.