Anyone have a noose?

WhoDey93285

After the way we played Week 1, especially on offense, I really didn't feel that they could win those next two games. Glad I was wrong.

I don't think anyone thought they'd beat GB and Pitt, Ron. That's what makes it so amazing that this team came back from such a flukey play. I've now "justified" that game in my mind by thinking that we wouldn't have won those next four games if not for the fluke loss. Think back two years ago and we open with an ugly win vs the Ravens. We then followed that up with a high scoring loss to the Browns and then lost a close one to Seattle.

If we'd have won the Denver game who knows if they'd have had the fire to win these close games...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the way we played Week 1, especially on offense, I really didn't feel that they could win those next two games. Glad I was wrong.

I don't think anyone thought they'd beat GB and Pitt, Ron. That's what makes it so amazing that this team came back from such a flukey play. I've now "justified" that game in my mind by thinking that we wouldn't have won those next four games if not for the fluke loss. Think back two years ago and we open with an ugly win vs the Ravens. We then followed that up with a high scoring loss to the Browns and then lost a close one to Seattle.

If we'd have won the Denver game who knows if they'd have had the fire to win these close games...

I don't know, but this team and the team from two years ago have two completely different mentalities even before Week 1. Also, Bresnahan was the worst defensive coordinator this team has had since the 90's. That guy had us playing prevent defense from start to finish.

Nostradamus: 1502

The man who Slim will receive the order of the leader to emerge on the Balt from which no group will see such a fire. Shock and awe as the tigers roll fierce still through the winter on the 3rd day of January 2010. There enemy will never face or fear such a roar"

The man who Slim will receive the order of the leader to emerge on the Balt from which no group will see such a fire. Shock and awe as the tigers roll fierce still through the winter on the 3rd day of January 2010. There enemy will never face or fear such a roar"

More trolling and falsehood.

Nice.

TJ the only troll is your boy Laverneus "Non Factor" Coles.

Don't be sick because the man you call Cheech has chonged the Ravens secondary.

More trolling and falsehood.

Nice.

I can't even tell what he's saying to determine if it's trollish or not.

Lol. I did not say anything. I am taking something from a quatraint written by Nostradamus.

Trust me, no Troll here amigos.

I think it's interesting to compare and contrast our Bengals and the Buffalo Bills. The Bills had a crushing defeat on Opening Day too and they let it ruin their season. They still haven't recovered. Glad to see we're past this sort of thing because Bengal teams of the past would have certainly handled it like the Bills have this year. Both teams opened the season with similar play yet now one is in 1st place and the other is looking at the 2010 draft

Hey, show me someone calling for 4-1 after those first 5 games... I won't hold my breath.

Seriously though, such is life and I will simply say I was wrong and now am very happy that wasn't the case.

Hopefully, the second part of my post there isn't worst case or we lose the rest of the games. However, I DID say that wouldn't be the case.

Would that be considered half assed ??

I think I said 5-2 but my post history won't go back that far >_<

Well, let's see, going back and looking at what I wrote in the the pinned "make your call" thread:

Broncos - Rusty Palmer + new o-line, backs, TEs = loss by offensive miscues. 0-1

Well, there was plenty of rust, but it ended up being a loss by fluke.

at Packers - O shows improvement, D steps up = snapped Lambeau loss streak. 1-1

Yep, I actually said they would win at Lambeau. Yay, me.

Steelers - O gets smothered, D wears down = the usual L at PBS. 1-2

Bengals do the not-difficult job of making me look dumb.

at Browns - division game, throw out record, Bengals choke = 1-3

I was almost right. Happy I wasn't.

at Ravens - O finally revving up, need win to save season = 2-3

Yep, I actually said they would win in Baltimore, too.

And for this week?

Texans - Shootout at the PBS corral. Bengals score last. 3-3

Correct that to 5-1. Time for the O to come untracked.

i say 19-0

Seriously?

this quote was from other thread. i am 1 tipped away from being right so far. lol

Right on Dim, keep on trucking dude.

Now, now, now, cut that out, RBB. We are supposed to be cesspool of negative energy, remember? :lmao:

Yeah, what the heck? I want that guy to come back so we can tar, feather and ban him appropriately enough.