Anyone have a noose?

WhoDey93285

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there. They have alot of new personel and they will get better and better. They won't recover from 0-3, but untkl then. Sit tight.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but we're looking at 0-3 right now. We go to Green Bay next week. Than after that we have the Steelers here. Those two games don't look so good for us.

This offense has the ability to score 24 points a game.

This D can hold a team to less than 14.

This game did not end properly, however this team can win plenty of games.

The D is this good and the O will be better.

mike brown loves you.

highly doubtful. highly.

it would be interesting if they fired ML tomorrow...

This offense has the ability to score 24 points a game.

This D can hold a team to less than 14.

This game did not end properly, however this team can win plenty of games.

The D is this good and the O will be better.

mike brown loves you.

highly doubtful. highly.

it would be interesting if they fired ML tomorrow...

In all seriousness, the only coach I feel needs to go is Brat. Give the playcalling duties to Zampese or anyone that will add some variety to the play calling.

You guys who are in panic mode and now expecting a 5-11 type season clearly don't learn from the past.

If the Bengals lose 11 games, thisgame won't hurt at all. It'll just be the difference between a 5 win season and a 6 win season. No. When the Bengals lose games on freak plays like this, those games almost always mean something.

I'm now convinced that the Bengals will finish 8-8... but will have a couple more losses that are completely inexplicable. They will miss the playoffs by one game, and we will all be forced to remeber this loss as the "one that got away."

The Bengals are masters at rubbing salt in your wounds, and a 5-11 season wouldn't do that at all. Get ready for a heart wrenching season people. lol

This thread cracks me up.

It amazes me year after year why some people still watch football. It seems as if all it does is bring them misery!

Sure, I was properly ticked off yesterday, but then you just move on, folks! It's this little thing callled life...try it sometime :P

As a side note, I watched the end of the game with my wife yesterday, and she couldn't figure out why I wasn't excited when the Bengals scored the go ahead TD. I told her, "I know better...I've been through this too many times before". She promptly told me I was being a drama queen.

I would like to say that I got the last laugh since I was right and she was wrong, but I can't say I was doing too much laughing at the time :P

I'm with you skyline. Yesterday was no fun, but today I don't even feel like a Bengal fan because I've gotten so much entertainment reading these posts. I don't know why, but I find the depths of misery that everyone is vocalizing incredibly funny.

Maybe it just means I'm a bastard.

Or like most, after a good night's sleep and the start of the week, the realization that it's just a game and not something to become so emotionally despondent about is quickly reached.

I have to second the thought that I'm already over this game. Am I happy about it ?? NO. I'm not at all, but it was a fluke and for how bad things looked overall, the Bengals still should have won that game. I'm also convinced if Carson can continue to roll like he did in the last drive and the defense continues to hold teams, they will be ok. Once again, not expecting playoffs here, but not ready to start considering who we take with the #1 pick either.

Our record won't be all nice and shiny after our first 5 games, but I still don't think it's going to equal 4-12 either.

This game is just another example of how our coaching staff is always outcoached, and our players always unprepared...or at least it sure seems that way.

The one time a "Prevent" defense would've worked, we either don't call it or the Safties were horribly out of position. I like Zim a lot and thing he's improved this defense dramatically, but it's bad coaching either way (Dhani Jones on the field in the 2-minute "Dime" package?). The same could be said about the devestating penalties, missed assignments and lapses in concentration/focus on offense throughout the game. Even the Special Teams were shaky, minus decent performances from Huber and Cosby.

For those that think that we lost the game because of the lack of offense or a last second miracle catch, if Odom doesn't make that sack on 3rd down to force Denver out of field goal range, Prater likely hits the field goal try (as he did with ease all day) to make the score 9-0 late in the 4th quarter.

With a seemingly 0-3 start on the horizon, I'm thinking this is a 6-10 season for the Bengals, and the way Detroit and Cleveland put up points yesterday, it could possibly be worse. Seven of the next eight games are against playoff-caliber teams (GB, PIT, BAL, HOU, CHI, BAL, PIT), and we're done playing the best two teams in the division by mid-November.

All that said, I can still think of nothing better to do on Sunday afternoons than hope this team can somehow get a "W" against whoever they're up against that particular weekend.

I least the Bengals won't go 0-16...I hope.

Oh, come on. Let's not do the "sky is falling" thing just yet. The D looked great, and I'm still convinced that the offense will put it together. Hopefully soon. But I don't think Laverneus Coles turned into a human drop machine, and I actually thought Carson looked good. The O-line wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I think they had some appallingly timed penalties and drops, combined with excessively conservative play calling.

So let's give it another week or so before throwing in the towel.

The sky fell YEARS ago!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

What a difference a month makes. This thread is an interesting read.

Take a stroll down Memory Lane:

5-11 is a distinct possibility.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but we're looking at 0-3 right now. We go to Green Bay next week. Than after that we have the Steelers here. Those two games don't look so good for us.

Our record won't be all nice and shiny after our first 5 games, but I still don't think it's going to equal 4-12 either.

With a seemingly 0-3 start on the horizon, I'm thinking this is a 6-10 season for the Bengals, and the way Detroit and Cleveland put up points yesterday, it could possibly be worse. Seven of the next eight games are against playoff-caliber teams (GB, PIT, BAL, HOU, CHI, BAL, PIT), and we're done playing the best two teams in the division by mid-November.

All that said, I can still think of nothing better to do on Sunday afternoons than hope this team can somehow get a "W" against whoever they're up against that particular weekend.

What a difference a month makes. This thread is an interesting read.

Take a stroll down Memory Lane:

5-11 is a distinct possibility.

Well don't you guys just look like a bunch of saps!

:lmao:

I'm a sap too....I did not feel they would do nearly this well

Very, very pleasant surprise, very glad to have been wrong

Don't get me wrong, I was a sap as well, as I looked at that schedule at thought maybe 8-8, but certainly not 4-1 after week five. I thought 2-3. I'm just pokin' fun at the brethren since it was brought up.

And I'm also glad to be a sap.

I'm a sap too....I did not feel they would do nearly this well

Very, very pleasant surprise, very glad to have been wrong

I thought 2-3.

Yep, me too. Wins over Den and Cle. I thought the D would be improved, most of us did, but good God, have they been stout. It's made the difference. So much so that if/when the offense really starts clicking and stops tripping over itself, this team will be a genuine force. I tip my hat to the O-line too. Again, an improvement over last yr was all but inevitable, but they've far exceeded my expectations.

Naturally, a couple of injuries in kep positions and well...nothing is set in stone. Still work to do and improvements to be made.

But I'm loving this D.

Hey, show me someone calling for 4-1 after those first 5 games... I won't hold my breath.

Seriously though, such is life and I will simply say I was wrong and now am very happy that wasn't the case.

Hopefully, the second part of my post there isn't worst case or we lose the rest of the games. However, I DID say that wouldn't be the case.

Would that be considered half assed ??