We need to end the Carson Palmer experiment

JoePong

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall see. They will not change. It has not for the last 18 years. Why is it going to this year. Nothing has changed. I can't wait to hear Willy and Seg this week. They are going to RIP into the gals.

Everyone is gonna be ripping us :/ but let them if we still have good season thats crow they gotta eat....Though I am alrdy sick of all the bungle comments all over the media.

If they do well I will EAT CROW ALL DAY long but I have 18 years of history to prove otherwise. Carson moves like a pile pf bricks, Chad is always covered well for the last few seasons. Henry still has not came out of the shadow of Chad. Coles is a little old. The O line is full of holes. The D is the only thing that I see that will give them any sort of chance this year and finally I think Marvin is NOT what we all thought he was when he came here. I only speak from facts of the last 5 seasons.

With the talent on this team they should STUMBLE into a few TD's or TD and Field Goal. They just never do. Que up the tapes from last year. Same old crap talk from Marvin after a loss. I mean lets talk about Chad's stunts last year, the BS he was about. That all just went away over night? The man wants out of here. Funny how everyone has totally forgot about that, like it never happened. He will not see much this year. THe double coverage will continue again this year. Come on Mike, sell the team!!!

I only speak from facts of the last 5 seasons.

Only the facts that you choose to remember, that is.

Marvin coaching them to a division title and playoff appearance seems to have slipped your mind.

And it seems as if Carson leading what should have been a game winning drive in the 4th quarter went undetected as well.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot to be disgusted with today, but all 6 of your posts have been on the trollish side of things.

You numb nutted FKs act like they are playing against high school teams or something. I guess Denver was supposed to come in here and bend over and take it up the Wazoo because they lost their QB and what all the talking heads were writing about them having a down season!!!Well bad news sports fans this is the N F L the cream of the crop. They play hard every week even if you are 10 and "O" or "0" and 10 you can beat or be beat by any team. Geeeez what cry babies.

Thank you.

I have said that for years.

But I got banned for stating my opinion on Jesus Chri..err...Carson...a while back, so I better be quiet.

He's great!!!

Bax! You turd! Glad to see you floated back up to the top of the bowl.

Billy you kill me sometimes :) loL

Thank you.

I have said that for years.

But I got banned for stating my opinion on Jesus Chri..err...Carson...a while back, so I better be quiet.

He's great!!!

Bax! You turd! Glad to see you floated back up to the top of the bowl.

Billy you kill me sometimes :) loL

I was just happy to see Mr. "I Love Chris Perry" back in the house.

I only speak from facts of the last 5 seasons.

Only the facts that you choose to remember, that is.

Marvin coaching them to a division title and playoff appearance seems to have slipped your mind.

And it seems as if Carson leading what should have been a game winning drive in the 4th quarter went undetected as well.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot to be disgusted with today, but all 6 of your posts have been on the trollish side of things.

Shall we consider this his warning then???!

I am not a troll. I don't recall my last ID here from last year. I changed emails also and don't recall the old one to get the old info pulled back.

But yet you went to all of that effort to come here and spew mindless bile the moment the first game ended? where you been all offseason? I'd offer my apologies for saying so, but since trolls don't deserve apologies....no, you are a fairly classic out-of-the-woodwork troll

You all are the same folks that make excuses every year.

One classic sign of a troll is broad generalization - "you all" do x - when in fact there is a wide variety of opinion among the community here.

Carson is old now, can't run, is always rusty.

Another classic sign of a troll is not letting plain and simple fact get in the way of a nasty attack. Facts like Quarterbacks in their 7th year not generally being considered 'old', and quarterbacks throwing for over 3500 for several years in a row are generally not considered "always rusty". Facts are a hindrance to a troll, so they disregard them.

Denver, a totally broken team

Broken is a term trolls like to use. Somehow, despite being supposedy broken, the Broncos passed, blocked, received, ran, and tackled. They scored some points too. Those 6 things (the 6th being the most important, and a product of the other 5) are what a team does. But again, facts get in the way of a good trolling session

What will be your excuses at 0-4?

Probably the most classic sign of a troll, other than flinging their own poo at passers-by - or is that monkeys - sorry, I digress - is ending with a insult that invites angry comment. I mean, take a look at that last question. Classic. I mean, textbook troll. Bravo Mr Troll Sir, you are truly an impressive member of your species, staying true to form right up to the very last word. Trolls everywhere salute you, and at Troll University, this post will be quoted in commencement speeches for the next century or so.

the gals.

yep - 100% troll. Probably a stealer fan.

There's plenty of blame to go around today (Coles and Bratkowski are my two top targets), but #9 ain't it.

Wow, someone here is at least talking sense. Did anyone else here actually SEE the game? All you people calling for Palmer's head are idiots. Watch the game again. Palmer made one mistake today and that was his first INT. The rest of the problems on offense were blitzes that weren't picked up, penalties, and dropped passes. Some s**tty play-calling mixed in there, too.

I understand the frustration, but point your anger the right way.

[Are you saying that not playing with Carson causes receivers to drop passes that hit them in the hands?

There will always be drops but, yes, it doesn't hurt for receivers to get used to how the QB throws the ball. This seems pretty self-evident to me...

These players are pros. They should catch the ball no matter who throws it.

[Are you saying that not playing with Carson causes receivers to drop passes that hit them in the hands?

There will always be drops but, yes, it doesn't hurt for receivers to get used to how the QB throws the ball. This seems pretty self-evident to me...

And if they are dropping balls a few weeks from now, come talk to me. But they haven't been working with Palmer, they've been in it with O'Fridays. You just don't click day 1. Look at Chad vs. Coles. Chad had the ball, Coles had the drops everyone is complaining about. That's not an accident.

The O will get better. But everything we were afraid of in the passing game came true today.

And if they are dropping balls a few weeks from now, come talk to me. But they haven't been working with Palmer, they've been in it with O'Fridays. You just don't click day 1. Look at Chad vs. Coles. Chad had the ball, Coles had the drops everyone is complaining about. That's not an accident.

The O will get better. But everything we were afraid of in the passing game came true today.

No, some different nightmare came true today. We were all afraid of Palmer being rusty. Instead we had at least 7 drops. Jeremi Johnson had one, Coats had one, Coles had three. I can't remember who had the other one. Every one of those receivers was open, they had their timing down, and they let the ball bounce right off of their hands. That had nothing to do with who was throwing it and everything to do with them just not catching the ball. I suppose you could chalk it up to first game jitters or some such, but there's not reason to drop that many passes that were right on target.

Look, I'm no homer - by any means - but I don't know what the hell some of you are smoking. Penalties, 2 turnovers, line issues, and drops are what caused the problem. As of mid third quarter, they had 7 drops. Many of those hit open receivers square in the hands. Coles alone had 3.

I can't remember how many drives were stopped by a drop at the wrong time, or a bad penalty. I didn't see too many bad throws or bad decisions.

There's plenty of blame to go around today (Coles and Bratkowski are my two top targets), but #9 ain't it.

The bottom line is that the whole O stunk. Palmer, Coles, the o-line, Coats, even Chad. Not all the time and not all at once, but as Roseanne Rosannadanna might say, "if it wasn't one thing, it was another."

This was widely feared given the lack of time the O had together in preseason. And, yeah, frankly the majority of the blame has to fall on Palmer, because he's the core of the O and he was the guy that missed all the time. If he had been out there the last couple of weeks, some of the rust and slowness we saw today would have been gone.

Every O is slow at the start of the season. It's a rule: the D is always ahead of the O. But if Palmer had a full preseason, then maybe the O gets going in Q3, not the tail end of Q4 (see the Pitt/Tenn game).

That's what that fuggin ankle tackle in preseason cost us. Oh well, at least Palmer took some shots today and still got up, so that's something...I guess.

I agree with this. Now I didn't watch or hear the game, (and I have only read the thread and seen some info about the game, so I apologise if this is wayyy off the pace!), but it seems that Coles dropped 3 catches? And he is widely acknowledged to be a pretty good receiver? Could it there be a link to the amount of time he has had to play with CP? Could that also be said across the whole offense? Even if the QB himself is not playing too badly, the whole offense will be off-key if they haven't had playing time in a 'real' competetive situation. Carson is the linch-pin of this offense. He leads the team. If they feel even remotely ill-at-ease with his confidence or ability to play in a competetive game then that will massively affect how they play. Now I really don't know why he hasn't been playing. Was the ankle injury worse that reported? Was it his or Marvins decision to rest him? Whatever the reasoning, it sucked! The whole idea...and the whole VALUE..of the pre-season games is to get the team playing togther like a TEAM! Yes there were too many penalties by all reports, and Brat is still a predictable useless mutha when it comes to play-calling, but it just seems to me the whole offense was off. Not playing as many games as possible with your No. 1 QB will do that. Factor-in the number of new players coming in and you have a receipe for disaster...which is what happened yesterday. The whole offense needed every valuable second possible playing with Carson, and not having that time had to be a big contribution factor. I'm glad the defense played well, which is encouraging, and the final tipped touchdown is just pure bad luck. But we should never have been in a position where that last bomb could have made a difference.

No, some different nightmare came true today. We were all afraid of Palmer being rusty. Instead we had at least 7 drops. Jeremi Johnson had one, Coats had one, Coles had three. I can't remember who had the other one. Every one of those receivers was open, they had their timing down, and they let the ball bounce right off of their hands. That had nothing to do with who was throwing it and everything to do with them just not catching the ball. I suppose you could chalk it up to first game jitters or some such, but there's not reason to drop that many passes that were right on target.

You're right. No reason to drop that many passes...except one! JJ / Coats / Coles all had years of experience with CP..right? When you get good, reliable catchers dropping passes that look damn-near perfect then either thay are having an 'off' day or they just may not be experienced in playing with CPs style. Now if we had dropped a couple I would say an off day can happen to anyone, but with so many it's just too much. I've seen it many times in soccer here in the UK. 2 top professionals who individually are very good players but who cannot link-up because they are just not used to playing together! I expect this to improve as I expect the Bengals to improve on offense. It just shows how badly thay needed all 4 pre-season games together. Yesterday was like Game 1 pre-season to me for the offense. The defense played fine...why? because they had been together throught pre-season. I'm kinda glad the next 3 games are toughies. Yes, we may well lose all 3, but we will get the rhythem and experience back in the offence and give us a launching-pad for the rest of the season.

Look at Chad vs. Coles. Chad had the ball, Coles had the drops everyone is complaining about. That's not an accident. The O will get better. But everything we were afraid of in the passing game came true today.

Actually, I do think it's an accident. After a great tragedy, people often look for explanations to help assuage their grief - note the litany of scapegoats raised on this board since the loss. This is a well-known psychological effect. I think that's what people are doing here, looking for rational explanations because it helps lessen the pain somehow. Believe me, as both a U. of Kentucky *and* Bengals fan, I have had way more than my share of games like this. I'm like an expert in the sucker-punch loss. Trust me, it's much simpler just to move on to the "acceptance" stage of dealing with grief.

I think it was just a one-off - sh*t happens. Hopefully, sh*t doesn't happen next week. Put another way, I see insufficient evidence to draw a correlation.

As an aside, I do think Coles will be better next week -and if he's not, that he should be run out of town as a damn fraud.

the title of this tread should be, Time to end the Boob Drunkowski experiment. we still are having the same problems on offense. we cannot score points, boob is very predictable he is still doing that same bs as he has in the past. any audible is a run, when it gets tight he starts having carson chuck the ball down field while he abandons the running game. boob runs that same damn stupid shovel pass he has for years that worked what once? his play calling does not allow the bengals to get any type of rhythm going, it's very erratic and he has no clue on how to game plan for a team or make any kind of adjustments when his bs offense is not working.

just compare our offense to our defense. our defense is fundamentally sound and prepared to play. they made play after play they held devner to 6 points and under 250 yards until the fluke play. then our joke of a offense missed blocks, dropped passes, tipped passes for int's. constantly shooting themselves in the foot, then no real game plan they run around like a bunch of chicken with their heads cut off. so you want carson to improve then give him a real OC that can game plan and teach these players how to play a real offense and take advantage of the other teams weaknesses which boob has no clue how to.