Broncos @ Bengals

jjakq27

D can only do so much.

12 points allowed.

You'd think they'd win.

But no...

True, but you can't excuse not being able to hold them with :34 secs left at their own 15 yard line. They don't play smart football. They were all keyed up trying to prevent a completion instead of just focusing on keeping them in bounds and on their half of the field, completely lost track of the ball.

I'm confused. How are the Bengals supposed to keep Denver on their side of the field, while simultaneously allowing a completion? Orton was throwing bombs, and any completion in bounds would have put the Broncos on the Bengals' side of the filed, correct? A completion, in bounds, a timeout called, and a field goal for the win.

The Bengals defense did what they were supposed to do. The ball just bounced the wrong way.

Yep. Pretty much. And now we get to see that highlight for the next 20 years on Fox Sports Top 100 miraculous plays, etc.....puke.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 36 and have been a Bengals fan all of my life. I think after today, I can't do this any longer. I never thought it would get this bad. I just can't believe this. I can't go through another heartbreak season like last. Too many. Too often. I must say goodbye to this and it just breaks my heart. I have too much invested in this emotionally to do this every week, every year. There has to be some good times too. They can't get past some sort of curse, apparently. Goodbye Bengals. I wish you the best of luck. But you have lost a lifelong fan today. At least I can say I stuck in there as long as possible. I must find a team to support who can win at least sometimes.

Final Score:

Bengals 0

Fans ...

LOL LOL wow i dont think your a lifelong bengal fan, because you just quit lol lol very funny post

Ah well, OK, it was against Orton, and I thought this D would be an improvement but they really impressed me today. The key is the O. If they can become even decent then we'll win our share of games and end up around the .500 mark. If not then another 3 or 4 win season looms.

With the talent on offense we have, there just has to be an improvement in play. No way can they can get any worse. Just isn't possible. It's a mindset issue. They came out and were gashing the Donky D through the air and then just went all nutso. Play calling didn't help but even when they were in position, execution was atrocious for the most part.

Somebody PLEASE tell me they did not call a timeout on the 1 inch line. The fact that Caldwell did not get in was actually a good thing. They had a chance to burn some clock Fouts initially said they called a timeout. That is why they did not start the play clock after the review.

Bungle Boobery. This crap only happens to crappy organizations.

Somebody PLEASE tell me they did not call a timeout on the 1 inch line. The fact that Caldwell did not get in was actually a good thing. They had a chance to burn some clock Fouts initially said they called a timeout. That is why they did not start the play clock after the review.

You have a point. The staff made too many mistakes too.

They called a time out?

You cannot blame the Bengals defense for that play. You cannot defend that kind of lucky bounce. That would be the best play in the playbook if you could teach that sort of thing.

It's not Marvin's fault or any other coach. That was just plain bad luck.

Leon Hall wanted credit for a deflection stat so he popped the ball up in the air on pass coverage instead of getting out of the way. Selfish, dumb football played by a selfish, dumb player. This will be laughed off by the inept coaches and management as a fluke, but it is a microcosm for everything wrong with that organization. This kind of bulls**t happens over and over. I haven't given a s**t in years, after the year they had more arrests than wins but Hard Knocks roped me back in. I won't be making that mistake again. Sign some players who aren't me first retards.

You cannot blame the Bengals defense for that play. You cannot defend that kind of lucky bounce. That would be the best play in the playbook if you could teach that sort of thing.

It's not Marvin's fault or any other coach. That was just plain bad luck.

Isn't that the Bengals middle name?

Leon Hall wanted credit for a deflection stat so he popped the ball up in the air on pass coverage instead of getting out of the way. Selfish, dumb football played by a selfish, dumb player. This will be laughed off by the inept coaches and management as a fluke, but it is a microcosm for everything wrong with that organization. This kind of bulls**t happens over and over. I haven't given a s**t in years, after the year they had more arrests than wins but Hard Knocks roped me back in. I won't be making that mistake again. Sign some players who aren't me first retards.

Gotta love these 1 post trolls who come out of the woodwork.

They called a time out?

I hope someone asks Marvin that because he should not have called for a TO there nor should he have thrown the red flag and asked for review. I don't get how we got charged with a TO there. As a longtime Bengal fan I felt the bad karma building right then

Are you seriously going to blame Leon Hall for tipping the ball? The guy was making a play on a pass and it just so happened that Stokley got lucky and was in the right spot at the right time. Your a f**king idiot

Gotta love these 1 post trolls who come out of the woodwork.

Who's trolling? The real trolls are the ones enabling ownership by spending money on this team and telling Brown that he's done a great job.

Are you seriously going to blame Leon Hall for tipping the ball? The guy was making a play on a pass and it just so happened that Stokley got lucky and was in the right spot at the right time. Your a f**king idiot

I see you registered for the board on February 6, 2006. So I must ask, when exactly is "Next Season" going to occur? I hear it's our year. Clearly you've got a long term plan in place, I see big things in 2023.

Funny that anyone would try to blame the 2 minute defense. That was like the immaculate reception. Miracles happen.

The Bengals didn't lose this game in the last minute. They lost it in the first 3 quarters with absolutely no poise on offense.

Exactly right. The D should be gutted. The offense should be embarrassed.

Funny that anyone would try to blame the 2 minute defense. That was like the immaculate reception. Miracles happen.

The Bengals didn't lose this game in the last minute. They lost it in the first 3 quarters with absolutely no poise on offense.

Absolutely. Broncos put up 12 points. Hell, give them 13 for a normal point after. Last year's Ryan Fitzpatrick-led 32nd in the NFL offense managed 13 points a game on average.

I put this L 100% on the offense.