NFL Cuts - Another man's garbage.

kingwilly

No to K2. I know a bunch of people liked him, but I wasn't one of them. He came up with a couple key interceptions his last season here, but a couple good plays in emotional games isn't enough for him to compete with what we have on the roster. Hell we cut Marvin White who I view as a MUCH better safety than K2...

KK was my all time favorite. It used to drive Army crazy when I'd bring up his stats after a good game. Tell marvin to go resign him. We have sucked since we let him go. It was the curse of kk now we can reverse the curse!!!! So just do it Bengals.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked Matt Schobel. We have had much worse, including right about...NOW!

That'll happen when your top 2 TEs go down in preseason. But my memories of Schobel were a lot of dropped passes.

Schobel only had 938 yards and 9 TDs in four Bengals seasons, but when he did score they were usually game changing plays. I remember him catching the game winning TD at Pittsburgh from Kitna in 2003 after Pittsburgh had scored with about a minute left. I remember in 2003 against Baltimore he scored on a 45 yard pass from Kitna after the Ravens took an early 7-0 lead. That TD sparked a run of 27 or so strait points that not only lead the 1-4 Bengals to a win over the Ravens, but also got their season on a serious roll that almost got them in the playoffs. Finally, I remember Schobel's 76 yard TD from Palmer in the 2004 game against Dallas.

He may have dropped a lot of passes, but he also made a lot of big plays that we have not seen from the TE position in a looong time.

I actually liked Matt Schobel. We have had much worse, including right about...NOW!

That'll happen when your top 2 TEs go down in preseason. But my memories of Schobel were a lot of dropped passes.

Schobel only had 938 yards and 9 TDs in four Bengals seasons, but when he did score they were usually game changing plays. I remember him catching the game winning TD at Pittsburgh from Kitna in 2003 after Pittsburgh had scored with about a minute left. I remember in 2003 against Baltimore he scored on a 45 yard pass from Kitna after the Ravens took an early 7-0 lead. That TD sparked a run of 27 or so strait points that not only lead the 1-4 Bengals to a win over the Ravens, but also got their season on a serious roll that almost got them in the playoffs. Finally, I remember Schobel's 76 yard TD from Palmer in the 2004 game against Dallas.

He may have dropped a lot of passes, but he also made a lot of big plays that we have not seen from the TE position in a looong time.

1. he is a bad blocker.

2. those "memories" are years ago, when Shoebel had some legs. it is 2009.

3. No.

1. he is a bad blocker.

2. those "memories" are years ago, when Shoebel had some legs. it is 2009.

3. No.

Did I say I wanted him back? I just said that when he was here he did make some plays, unlike any TE we've had recently. And yes,I do know its 2009 and those plays took place years ago...thanks for that update.