NFL Cuts - Another man's garbage.

kingwilly

Mike Mickens was cut by the Cowboys. Bring him in. Also, TE Scott Chandler. Former Bengals cut include Jeff Rowe by Seattle,Kevin Kaesviharn by Carolina,Deltha O'Neal by the Texans and Mario Urrutia by the Bucs.

K2 maybe. The rest no.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luigs looking more and more like a long-term project

Luigs is not a long term project.

Agreed. Luigs is solid already.

I agree as well. I focused mainly on the O-line during the preseason games and Luigs has looked tough. He's already the best backup center we have had in a long time.

Just saw Shaun Smith got dumped by Detroit. Shall we all together now...

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(catching breath)

BWA-HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

:lmao:

I actually liked Matt Schobel. We have had much worse, including right about...NOW!

That'll happen when your top 2 TEs go down in preseason. But my memories of Schobel were a lot of dropped passes.

Well I didn't exactly say he was Tony Gonzales, did I?

Yeah, but he couldn't block for crap either if I recall. He was like a pass-catching TE...who couldn't catch passes. Meh.

Mike Mickens was cut by the Cowboys. Bring him in. Also, TE Scott Chandler. Former Bengals cut include Jeff Rowe by Seattle,Kevin Kaesviharn by Carolina,Deltha O'Neal by the Texans and Mario Urrutia by the Bucs.

K2 maybe. The rest no.

I was only suggesting that they bring in Mickens and, maybe Scott Chandler. I was noting the former Bengals simply for nostalgia's sake.

Vikes cut Marcus McCauley who is a CB that was drafted in the 3rd round in '07. Vikes are also loaded at CB so he is probably another numbers cut.

Gimme this guy. Now.

Young, some experience, excellent size (6-1) and speed (4.39)

he is a terrible cover-2 CB apparently.

Yeah, this is a man cover CB, not a zone guy like Keiwan was

I agree, gimme him now, that automatically makes me consider us deep at corner if we were able to get him!

I don't understand why your bashing the man for being a terrible cover 2 corner? who cares? we are a man to man team anyways!

No to K2. I know a bunch of people liked him, but I wasn't one of them. He came up with a couple key interceptions his last season here, but a couple good plays in emotional games isn't enough for him to compete with what we have on the roster. Hell we cut Marvin White who I view as a MUCH better safety than K2...

Kevin Kaesviharn was a panther?

I didn't say he was actually a panther, only that he was cut today by the Carolina Panthers.Also, Simeon Castile was cut by the Chargers.

Just didn't know the panthers had signed him...Last I knew he was a saint lol.

PS,No way we would sign K2 we are deep at Safety and alrdy let white go :/

Vikes cut Marcus McCauley who is a CB that was drafted in the 3rd round in '07. Vikes are also loaded at CB so he is probably another numbers cut.

Gimme this guy. Now.

Young, some experience, excellent size (6-1) and speed (4.39)

he is a terrible cover-2 CB apparently.

Yeah, this is a man cover CB, not a zone guy like Keiwan was

I agree, gimme him now, that automatically makes me consider us deep at corner if we were able to get him!

I don't understand why your bashing the man for being a terrible cover 2 corner? who cares? we are a man to man team anyways!

calm down sir. i was just throwin in that minnie cut him for that reason.

the guys at Stripehype note that the Raiders cut Justin Miller, a qualified CB and return man.

He had been with the Jets to start 2008, got hurt (toe) and was cut. He got signed by Oakland late last year and was AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for December. He had returned two kickoff's for TD's in December 08.

He signed a 2-year deal with Oakland and then got caught in a numbers game there, thus resulting in being cut.

Hobson says the Bengals looked at CB, and TE and they saw nothing that they liked and will probably not go after nothing before the 1st game. I really dont like going in the 1st game with the TE on this team, and we really dont have a proven nickel corner since Jones will be out for awhile. I hope something changes and at least see something out there.

Hobson says the Bengals looked at CB, and TE and they saw nothing that they liked and will probably not go after nothing before the 1st game. I really dont like going in the 1st game with the TE on this team, and we really dont have a proven nickel corner since Jones will be out for awhile. I hope something changes and at least see something out there.

Well before jones was hurt they talked about playing crocker at nickle CB & truthfully liked how nelson looked in coverage so not too worried bout it because really if there was young corner who could cover he probably wouldn't have been cut by his team....

Well before jones was hurt they talked about playing crocker at nickle CB & truthfully liked how nelson looked in coverage so not too worried bout it because really if there was young corner who could cover he probably wouldn't have been cut by his team....

True i am pretty happy about the team, and not sure if i would really want anybody else cut to bring in anybody. The only concern though is at TE, and maybe they will make a move after the 1st game, and cut one TE to bring in another vet.

Alex Smith is intriguing as well.

Why did NE trade a 2010 r5 selection to get him from Tampa Bay this past spring, only to drop him?

Word is he is going to try out for the Giants

I really liked Alx Smith. He broke out for a game a couple of seasons ago with TB.

This part of the Bengals approach is maddening.

They are weak at CB and TE and they do nuthin.

I admit that seeing Trent, Nelson and Pope do OK in coverage against Indy makes me feel a little bit better but should Leon or JJoe have ANY problem, there is limited experience at CB.

They usefulness of the TE in the BRat offense is still limited. With the power running this team could unleash, I could see quite a bit of use for guys like Roland and Kooistra on the strong side. Give me William, Colllins and Roland, with any of our RB's going off tackle or sweeping, and I see quite a few 1st downs. quite a few with big chunks of yards.

Alex Smith is intriguing as well.

Why did NE trade a 2010 r5 selection to get him from Tampa Bay this past spring, only to drop him?

Word is he is going to try out for the Giants

I really liked Alx Smith. He broke out for a game a couple of seasons ago with TB.

This part of the Bengals approach is maddening.

They are weak at CB and TE and they do nuthin.

I admit that seeing Trent, Nelson and Pope do OK in coverage against Indy makes me feel a little bit better but should Leon or JJoe have ANY problem, there is limited experience at CB.

They usefulness of the TE in the BRat offense is still limited. With the power running this team could unleash, I could see quite a bit of use for guys like Roland and Kooistra on the strong side. Give me William, Colllins and Roland, with any of our RB's going off tackle or sweeping, and I see quite a few 1st downs. quite a few with big chunks of yards.

Pope sucks and hes the one that bothers me, and im wondering if he will be out nickle. I would have liked to seen Cory Ivy over Pope, but its there call.

The TEs on this team bother me alot and i hope they take care of that. With so many RBs on this team i wonder if they will use 3 RB sets at all with Benson,Scott,and Leonard all in the backfield or one spilt.