After 3 preseason games I feel.....

walzav29

That we are too weak up the middle to keep Palmer alive. Which will result in a 7-9 type season. I was thinking it was going to be a great year, but the O-line has not made enough strides to make a difference. I think they should have tried to sign Jason Brown. Oh well. The holdout, Palmers ankle, and watching Hard Knocks have all killed my optimism. I hope 1 of you can change my mind because I like going into the season full steam.

That we are too weak up the middle to keep Palmer alive. Which will result in a 7-9 type season. I was thinking it was going to be a great year, but the O-line has not made enough strides to make a difference. I think they should have tried to sign Jason Brown. Oh well. The holdout, Palmers ankle, and watching Hard Knocks have all killed my optimism. I hope 1 of you can change my mind because I like going into the season full steam.

Buck up, mate. We still have a deep receiver corps, a deep running back corps and a pretty impressive looking young defense. I don't see 9-7 out of the realms of possibility.

I've been saying all off season how they didn't pay enough attention to the o-line and put too much emphasis on how they performed the last 3-4 weeks of the season against some poor defenses. They don't look ready for live games at all based on the Rams game, where they got killed by an average team. In a league short on good o-lineman, Alexander hasn't exactly done a good job coaching up and developing or drafting players, never has.

There's not a single league + lineman on this team right now, and there's just no way that "can't" hurt them every week.

I get tired of the Mike Brown philosophy when it comes to that area, as well as the CB's (short changing, reliance on unproven rookies and undrafted FA's). If they put some more effort/$ into the o-line, this team could be very, very good. It's sad to watch.

Hope for the best...but am not expecting much.

I made the same comment about how our defense benefitted from playing bad offenses at the end of last year as well and we will have to wait and see how things shake out. That being said, this defense has been able to do something to this point that last years defense couldn't do and that's put pressure on the QB. If this defense can continue to put pressure on the QB come the start of the season and so on, the offense won't have the burben of shouldering this team.

I'm not saying we are going to the playoffs on the back of the defense, but if we do get to that point, I think it will be in fact due to the play of the defense.